Food, Exercise, or other Reports

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    papayahed wrote: »
    Yesterday while working out my trainer asked if he could record me doing sprint exercises. I said sure but I have full veto power. Here's where the trouble come in .... I've never been a fast runner even as a kid. Lately though I *feel* like I'm quicker and can go farther. Well...Girl! I just watched the video and I still look like Gimli (Lord of the Rings)!! Slow and steady. Flo Jo has nothing to worry about from me. lol.

At least you are doing it!...way to go!
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hit my lowest weight this morning 258.2 losing 1.8 lbs and finally broke my plateau...hopefully I will have a continued downward trend....I went to the pool and really enjoyed adding water weights to my routine...My plan is to continue swimming 5 days a week the entire winter...I found out that I do not have to have my foot operated on if it doesn’t give me any problems so I am not planning another diet break until possibly the last week of this year...that will give me three entire months to make up for my small loss all summer...I feel good right now minus the stress of my husbands health, I am exercising and I am trying to eat more protein and less overall calories...I do enjoy a little cushion for treats or more food when I get my exercise in....either way, I stay at 1400 to 1500 calories a day at the most...realistically I don’t think I can lose 60 more pounds in 8 months but I can wish lol....

@conniewilkins56 Connie, you are an inspiration to us all. You have helped me more than you know, especially with the weight plateaus. I finally broke 250 down to 246 and it took me almost a month to do it! Thank you!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Ccricfo I am glad if I have helped you...I do not feel like anyone’s inspiration!...I struggle on a regular basis not to overeat....some days I feel like I am hanging on by the skin of my teeth....other days aren’t as bad...some days are actually ok....and then some days are great and I think I can do this!...this plateau has really taken its toll on me!...I still have many pounds to go ( “ and miles to go before I sleep”)
    ...thank you for being so encouraging to me...you have come so far in a short time...you are walking, and shrinking!

I always say if I can do this,anyone can!....you are certainly proving it!
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wanna pile onto the @conniewilkins56 love train for a second and say how much I always appreciate your honesty and openness. I came into this group in early May and even with most of my experience with your posts happening in your recent diet break, you've been an amazing example of consistency for me even when you share those less ideal days. I have zero doubt that you're able to achieve anything you set your mind to on this journey.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Ooh - I want a seat on the train too!

Connie, you've been a great encourager, too, and even when you want to give up, you keep going which makes you a great inspiration. and you're really patient with the rest of us who like to whine a lot (and I'm probably the worst one of all lol)
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhh. The cool weather has me craving all of my warm, filling, comfort foods. Tonight I made chicken a la king with homemade biscuits. The chicken a la king was so fast to cook - I dug through my pantry and used up some home canned mushrooms, chicken thighs, and carrots. I've never really made biscuits before, but they turned out fluffy and flaky and delicious. And somehow, despite all of the butter in these recipes, I hit my calorie goal! One serving was actually enough food to feel satisfied and full, and there are enough leftovers for two meals for both husband and I. Now what to do with my extra 120 calories today...be under my goal for once in my life, or have dessert?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I'm getting a lot hungrier than I was, and right now I'm okay with it, but I may have to work things differently to manage it as time goes on. I don't do well when I get hungry, I get cranky and impatient.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, me too. My calorie limit was lowered again this week and now it's starting to be a bit of a bind. I'm finding I have to cut out my starchy fix at lunch time which I'm finding hard to give up.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    We're all in the same boat! lol

If my body holds to pattern, I should be starting any time between today and Saturday; hopefully tomorrow. But on the flip side, at least some of that water weight I was whining about let go. My weekly weigh in is going to be a bust tomorrow, but at least it won't show up with that extra weight in it
  • eliezalot
    Options
    I'm getting to that point too. I always thought that 1500 would be my absolute minimum, and at that point I'd have to consciously exercise more or slow my rate of loss. Thanks to injury, I learned to manage at 1500 without exercise, but definitely have had more days over my goal than before. I've been fine-tuning my meals a bit (protein-heavy breakfasts is key), and this has helped a ton. I'm now at 1490, which feels so much lower, lol. I'm not sure how much lower I'll be able to go calorie-wise. I can keep fine-tuning my diet to some extent to avoid hunger, but at some point I need to get a bit more comfortable with hunger (honestly, mostly brain "hunger"), or add back in some more intentional exercise. (Fortunately I think my plantar fasciitis is slowly resolving, and I'm hoping I can add some exercise back in again soon.)

I think I'm learning that this next phase of weight loss is going to be slower and require more thought and planning than the first 60 lbs did.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    I'm getting to that point too. I always thought that 1500 would be my absolute minimum, and at that point I'd have to consciously exercise more or slow my rate of loss. Thanks to injury, I learned to manage at 1500 without exercise, but definitely have had more days over my goal than before. I've been fine-tuning my meals a bit (protein-heavy breakfasts is key), and this has helped a ton. I'm now at 1490, which feels so much lower, lol. I'm not sure how much lower I'll be able to go calorie-wise. I can keep fine-tuning my diet to some extent to avoid hunger, but at some point I need to get a bit more comfortable with hunger (honestly, mostly brain "hunger"), or add back in some more intentional exercise. (Fortunately I think my plantar fasciitis is slowly resolving, and I'm hoping I can add some exercise back in again soon.)

I think I'm learning that this next phase of weight loss is going to be slower and require more thought and planning than the first 60 lbs did.

yeah, I"m sitting at 1450 and I know that realistically, I'm not going to be able to manage anything lower than that without exercise as I'm having enough trouble with 1450 as it is. I certainly notice the days that I don't get extra calories in!

In many ways, it seems that this new phase of my weight loss program is very different from when I started!
  • eliezalot
    Options

yeah, I"m sitting at 1450 and I know that realistically, I'm not going to be able to manage anything lower than that without exercise as I'm having enough trouble with 1450 as it is. I certainly notice the days that I don't get extra calories in!

In many ways, it seems that this new phase of my weight loss program is very different from when I started!

Yes! And I knew this phase would come...I just wasn't expecting it so soon!! I figured I had at least another 25 lbs to go before things got more challenging/slowed down. Sigh.
    Options
    I was doing fine on 1250, and I think I still have that, with some occasional exercise calories. (sigh) I could readjust things to eat a heavier breakfast, but I don't want to give up a small bag of chips with my lunch or give up the nightly tea and cookies and talk time with my boyfriend. (And I know that I will feel deprived if I watch him eat his two cookies when I can't have any.)

So I'm just going to have to adjust my exercise up to where I can in fact afford meat at breakfast.
  • eliezalot
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Surprise exercise today!

Husband has been getting into blacksmithing as a new hobby, and out of the blue, found someone selling basically selling their entire shop for a great price. So he went down to pick everything up. That means that when he got home, I got to help him move the 150 lb anvil, cast iron forge, 100+ lb manual drill press, 150 lbs of coal, several 30 lb post vices, and who knows how many pounds of tools and scrap metal from the car to the garage. New goal: be able to carry the anvil by myself.
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Surprise exercise today!

Husband has been getting into blacksmithing as a new hobby, and out of the blue, found someone selling basically selling their entire shop for a great price. So he went down to pick everything up. That means that when he got home, I got to help him move the 150 lb anvil, cast iron forge, 100+ lb manual drill press, 150 lbs of coal, several 30 lb post vices, and who knows how many pounds of tools and scrap metal from the car to the garage. New goal: be able to carry the anvil by myself.

that's really cool! I enjoy the blacksmith shops at the Ren Faires - have him teach to smith; swinging that hammer has to be good exercise too lol
    Options
    My first husband blacksmithed until he tore his rotator cuff. He still has all his stuff and believes he can still get out there and do it. (sigh)
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Surprise exercise today!

that's really cool! I enjoy the blacksmith shops at the Ren Faires - have him teach to smith; swinging that hammer has to be good exercise too lol
    My first husband blacksmithed until he tore his rotator cuff. He still has all his stuff and believes he can still get out there and do it. (sigh)

It has been really fun so far! We also both love the blacksmith shops at Ren Faires! Also his entire youtube feed is like 90% blacksmithing videos now, lol.

We both took a blacksmithing class pre-covid, and have been wanting to go back. It was so much fun - we made coat hooks! At home, he has been making a lot of small key hooks since, and we've been playing with some wood burning techniques to mount them (hello future etsy shop lol). He is so excited to be able to work on some bigger things now!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    Today is Friday, I'm feeling just a bit of a good mood this morning, its freezing but the sun is shining, and even though I got no activity in yesterday and went over my calorie limit, I got up this morning to see 220.2 on the scale, which rather shocked me! New low, though we're going into the weekend, so I sincerely doubt it will be that low tomorrow, Sunday, or Monday morning.

Still, I needed that nice little surprise!
    Options
    Well, I've learned one thing through this diet break so far. I will have to work hard to regain my capacity to eat larger portions when I get to maintenance.

And a second thing. Eating a lot of carbs all the time makes me sleepy.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Sunday today, Octopus day. ;)

Pq2ivhN.png

It was pretty delicious too!