Sushi Help - Low(er) Carb Options

GabyBaby916
GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
Hello everyone,

I have a lunch meeting tomorrow and the majority voted for sushi.
Great! I LOVE sushi....except that with the use of rice, it is not exactly low carb.

Do you have any suggestions for lower carb selections? I should add that I've never been able to eat sashimi (the raw seafood only - I think it is a texture hangup for me).

What I'll probably end up doing is using my entire carb allowance for the day on lunch, then just do protein/fat the remainder of the day. It seems I already found a workaround for my dilemma, but I would appreciate the suggestions anyway!

Thanks!

Replies

• Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    I too had a sushi lunch meeting today. I choose to go with a ceviche salad. Not really sushi, but yummy and very low carb.
    The salad was raw fish over a mix of cucumber, onion, radishes, and some greens with a citrus dressing. The crunch from the veggies helped with the Sashimi texture issue.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I tend to get sashimi, and then one "splurge" like flying fish eggs or something. two blops of rice won't break the day.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Thank you!
    That salad sounds right up my alley and WOULD be helpful with the texture issues.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    My local sushi place make a squid salad, with squid, spicy sauce, fly fish roe, and cucumbers shaved into noodle-like shapes. VERY tasty!