Looking for motivational friends

Charm_84
Charm_84 Posts: 10 Member
Hi,

Having used this place previously, I am back as bad habits have begun to creep back in. I don't want to undo all of my hard work, particularly at a time where staying in good health is more important than ever.

I'm 36, enjoy regular cardio (mainly long walks but also cycling), and intend on sticking to a regular mind-body activity. At the moment, this is Pilates.

Having starting to gain a month or so ago, I am 138 lbs. My ideals weight is around 133 lbs. I'm 5'7.

Daily logger and commenter.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    welcome back Charm! Look like you have caught this perfectly and are back on track. I predict you will be at your maintenance weight in no time.
  • Charm_84
    Charm_84 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you. Have added you :)
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Hi @Charm_84 ! We're here for ya!
  • SummerSkier
    We are definitely all in it together. Nice to meet you Lucie and Charm!
  • kkp2408
    kkp2408 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, I am needing some motivation to get back into the swing of things. I have fallen off since being at home so much. Looking for some inspiration to lose the last 3kgs :)
  • erin3123
    erin3123 Posts: 20 Member
    I am in the same boat as you! would love to keep eachother motivated :) everyone else feel free to add me too
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've added you guys !
  • mqiang510
    mqiang510 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I just restarted MFP recently as well! Feel free to add me as I would love to have more friends to support and get motivated with :)
  • Venus_1
    Venus_1 Posts: 71 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Natalia.
    I've lost 20 pounds around 4 years ago and always wanted to go for 15 more. I'm 5.5 and currently am 145 lbs. These last 10-15 is a b*tch! Good thing it looks like I can maintain lol
    I try to be present and supportive for all of my friends :)
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    welcome back. I would love to meet up with like minded fitness friends to remain accountable and enjoy some new workouts.
  • Max1London
    Max1London Posts: 3 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Max. My weight has crept up after an operation last year and to be honest some bad habits over the last few months. So I'm back on MFP and increasing my exercise. Aiming to drop 10-15 pounds over the next 8 weeks.
    It would to be able to support others whilst keeping motivated myself.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    I’d be over the moon if I could just lose 8-10lbs by my birthday in mid-June! Doing cardio 2-3 lbs a week and almost complete with Strong Curves.
  • jjkroeger
    jjkroeger Posts: 2 Member
    Hello - I have been looking for a motivational community to help me stay motivated. I have read several posts on the group and I wanted to join!
  • megbugs
    megbugs Posts: 107 Member
    Yes add me. I'm looking for motivational friends and I keep my diary open for workouts and what I eat. I've been really diligent in tracking recently :)
  • SummerSkier
    I accept friend requests here but if you are not active and don't engage on your newsfeed I may drop you again. No worries. I just keep a small list of folks who like to interact. I pretty much post something daily on my feed and am motivated by others doing the same. And it helps me get to know everyone better.
  • FitnessLoveHealth
    FitnessLoveHealth Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all ,
    Would love you all as motivational friends too. I think we could be of help to one another
    Back on track to lose weight I gained . Ideally would like to be at 133 pounds. But would set a mini goal of 140 pounds. Currently a bit above that. I eat healthily , strength training, home classes, cycling, walking and can be quite motivated.
    Would love to be in contact with you all x
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Love the support in this thread, I would also love more connections on here - we're in this together :smile:
  • nicoles_eating
    nicoles_eating Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone!

I'd love to add you as motivational friends, I've been using MFP on and off since 2011. I'm 29, height 5'2", and weight about 133 lbs. I have a lot of muscle, but would like to be lighter and get down to 125 lbs, and see if that's a good weight for me to maintain. I am going to add the posters here, and if you accept, let's encourage each other!
  • allaraarden
    allaraarden Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! I added a few of you but anyone who would like to please add me, I'd love more encouraging friends with similar goals (especially with open food diaries!) on here :)

I am 33, 5'4" and 134lbs with a goal of around 125lbs. I was consistent for quite a while but I got busy in October and gained almost 10lbs by March!! School/vacation/early quarantine ugh :# - but I've been able to lose most of all of it in last 6-8 weeks and I'm back on track now.

Also I have been posting my daily food on instagram at @whatiate.yesterday if anyone is interested in that! and right now I'm doing the ToneItUp Summer tone up program as well, so if there any other TIUTeam on here I'd love to connect.