Favorite Paleo Meatball Recipes?

Options
melaniefave41
melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
I've got a pound of ground beef thawing and I'm in the mood for meatballs. I looked at a dozen different recipes online, but I thought I would ask the MFP paleo audience what there favorites are.

Replies

• ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There are several good meatball recipes from the lady of ibreatheimhungry.com
  • Tophermak
    Tophermak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We make meatballs once in awhile.....we make ours with ground chicken and ground pork but basis is the same for ground beef. For about 2 lbs of meat....I use one whole egg, half onion, couple cloves garlic, salt and pepper. Instead of bread crumbs I use pork rinds crushed in the food processor. It's the same consistency as bread crumbs and binds the meat about the same. Good luck.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Meatballs are so yummy. A great staple on Paleo. I recently made some with beef and italian sausage, and they were awesome. 2 pounds ground beef, 1 pound italian sausage (had lots of leftovers...easy to freeze too!), 4 whole eggs, three cloves minced garlic (or more if you love it!), 1 medium onion chopped fine, 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (you could use the ones not packed in olive oil too, but these add more moisture in my opinion), 1/4 cup parmesan (if you do dairy, helps to bind too if you add a bit more), herbs and spices I usually don't measure (i really don't measure anything when I'm cooking usually) but I like using loads of herbs, and usually add more than I think other people would normally add, I think it helps to bind too...italian seasoning, more fresh or dried oregano, more dried basil, fresh or dried thyme if i have it, a few dashes of red pepper flakes, sometimes some extra garlic powder, garlic salt, and onion powder too. Then of course plenty of sea salt and black pepper. :)

Depending on my mood, and the temperature outside, I'll either fry them on the stove top in a bit of olive oil, then finish them off in a huge pot of tomato sauce (the best way I think), or I'll bake them and then just smother them with sauce later. :)
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mmm now I want meatballs! I think I'm going to have to make a bunch this weekend and cook and freeze them! :)
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    We make meatballs once in awhile.....we make ours with ground chicken and ground pork but basis is the same for ground beef. For about 2 lbs of meat....I use one whole egg, half onion, couple cloves garlic, salt and pepper. Instead of bread crumbs I use pork rinds crushed in the food processor. It's the same consistency as bread crumbs and binds the meat about the same. Good luck.

Ooooohhh....next time I'm going to try adding pork rinds! I've been doing almond meal and they're pretty awesome.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    These aren't meatballs but I made them last night (cut the recipe in half) and holy wow they are GOOD!

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/beef-stuffed-poblano-chiles
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I thinking about trying these this weekend!!!!! They look so good!!!

http://kateshealthycupboard.com/gluten-free-recipes/entrees/olive-garlic-meatballs/
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I love the meatballs that are in Well Fed. I forget what she called the recipe because I chose to enter the recipe under her alternate name of "Czech Out My Balls". Delicious.
  • melaniefave41
    Options
    Wonderful ideas.....I am going to try them all. Eventually.
  • melaniefave41
    Options
    I thinking about trying these this weekend!!!!! They look so good!!!

http://kateshealthycupboard.com/gluten-free-recipes/entrees/olive-garlic-meatballs/

Sounds super easy. I'm going to make them tonight, using garlic stuffed green olives. I make turkey burgers with green olives in them and use a cilantro mayo on them that is delicious.
  • 86toronado
    Options
    The ginger lemongrass meatballs on Mark's Daily Apple are awesome. Serve them with a little thai curry sauce - Yum!