week 1 - down 10 lbs

Options
One week down, and I"ve lost 10 lbs! I realize this is mostly water and toxins but I don't care - I feel GREAT! I am loving this lifestyle - that's actually what it feels like, as I don't seem to be "missing" anything at all. I'm blogging about my adventure and food, check it out if you wish - http://naptownblue.wordpress.com

I started at 285 (I've been in the 270-285 range for a few years now - I'm 5'11", age 43 - stocky and wear it well, but man do I miss being a thinner. About 10 years ago I ran a half marathon at 220 lbs... I've gradually put on 65 lbs in 10 years. I'm hoping to knock it out and be somewhat of an athlete again by early 2014. In fact I just started a 5K training program this week. Wish me luck! My goal is to lose about 60 or 70 lbs on this "primal" thing, then continuing to live that way but adding a few more carb/fat sources each week to maintain after I get to where I want to be.

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    awesome. the scale is so unimportant in comparison to how you feel eating this way. Keep up the good work and I can tell you are well on your way to being a properly fueled athlete.
  • jca1956
    jca1956 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice score. I returned to Primal beginning of May this year after a couple of years off (first got into it back in 2006). So, first week of my return I lost 6lb, and 10lb the week after. Currently down 27lb. You're doing good.
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday and felt an almost instant change in energy and attitude. Good going!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! :)
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    excellent!what running program are you doing?
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I started a ketogenic Primal lifestyle in August 2012 and am now ketogenic Paleo. I can't say enough about this lifestyle. It is totally a lifelong commitment for me and totally sustainable. The health improvements have been incredible. The weight loss is nice too, but it is not my main focus. Besides, a healthy body will eventually drop the excess fat, it's just a matter of time and sticking with the lifestyle.
  • naptownblue
    naptownblue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear encouragement and stories from others, so thank you! Good luck to each and every one of you too. I'm in my 2nd week now and feeling the best I have in years - it's amazing the difference. I see no reason to ever go back now - the meals are easy to make and I'm really not missing the bread and dairy like I thought I would.

As for my running program, I'm trying out the iphone app C25K... seems pretty legit and easy to follow.