RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    I really like you Maddie!
    Rick
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - also a good plan. I think being off heart and blood pressure meds is a huge why. Forgot all about that.

YES!
    And then ask why being off heart & bp meds is a win for you...?

Keep going...
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - also a good plan. I think being off heart and blood pressure meds is a huge why. Forgot all about that.

Also @readyornot1234 ...
    I forget, too.
    Writing down what you are grateful for - especially as you are losing, can, as we look back, remember all our wins.

I kept asking why until I landed on a Why that was SO COMPELLING that it allowed me to deny myself short term feel goods that were not healthy for me in long run in order to reach the Big Why!

I think this maintenance game is about remembering our Big Why, our Life Goals..
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    I really like you Maddie!
    Rick

@RangerRickL
    Likewise, my friend. And I’m deeply appreciative of your time & skilled support of all of us.
    PS I signed up to get the mailing to join the National Weight Registry yesterday- very exciting- as this has also been a goal of mine. Long term success so others who, like me, thought it was impossible...realize it is possible.

Thank you Rick. Means a lot.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - hmmmm. I had forgotten about my whys until you said this. Now they are back. But from your last post, I’m realizing I have more short term “whys”. I need a lifelong why. So my why will be that I want to be around for my grandchildren but not just around, I want to be active with them and hike, and ski, and ride bikes, and run, and jump, and play, and to be present.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I've never been motivated to actually lose enough weight to be thin. I'm motivated by being healthy enough and fit enough to do the things that I love to do.
    and, about 60, I learned that if I keep moving, then I can push back decrepitude until near the end of life. That is good enough motivator for me.
    I was out in the desert walking the ridges this morning.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - hmmmm. I had forgotten about my whys until you said this. Now they are back. But from your last post, I’m realizing I have more short term “whys”. I need a lifelong why. So my why will be that I want to be around for my grandchildren but not just around, I want to be active with them and hike, and ski, and ride bikes, and run, and jump, and play, and to be present.

@readyornot1234
    Yes! Exactly! No food can compare to being able to easily do that❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I've never been motivated to actually lose enough weight to be thin. I'm motivated by being healthy enough and fit enough to do the things that I love to do.
    and, about 60, I learned that if I keep moving, then I can push back decrepitude until near the end of life. That is good enough motivator for me.
    I was out in the desert walking the ridges this morning.

@RangerRickL
    Wise man & you (and Rose) are a huge inspiration to m. Movement is the key, I believe. Yep, an excellent motivator! I was particularly impressed by your laser focus on doing whatever was needed to repair & strengthen your back! 👍🌟 🏔

Best,
    Maddie
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL - I second the sentiments of @MadisonMolly2017 !!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @readyornot1234 & @MadisonMolly2017 Thanks for walking along with me on our journey together.