May 3 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have the urge to make a few shoutouts this morning.

@kblanc14 - ouch but I love me my local honey. My husband does maple syrup and he trades with the bee family down the street. Mmmmmm

@WMEJA - congrats on the loss.

@bill70sstrong - I’m glad you’re healing well!

@Nic8787 - it’s unfair that you don’t get more of an energy burn chasing after a toddler. I was always exhausted by the end of the day. If I were in charge of everything, I would make it more fair. It’s like running a marathon every day without getting the credit!

@alligatorob - that is a great view and a super impressive hike. How can you not want to hike it when you get to look at that everyday? Keep us posted on your progress to the peak!

@epangili - you’re starting May off with a bang! Way to go! I hope your cheek feels better 😎

@BMcC9 - I love dead bugs but have such a hard time keeping my lower back on the floor - which makes me laugh because I think I look like more like a squirming bug

@suzievv - your baby is beautiful. I hope you’re better soon

@nodm - I’m happy to hear you’re getting back. You’ve been a rockstar through it all. And I will keep pushing too. Living our best lives under any and all circumstances.

@RangerRickL - 😎 great and sweaty hikes are the best!

@SheilaCali - great play-by-play! Glad you’re okay

@Dory_42 - how are the residents at your job handling all of this? My dog is super confused so I was wondering how your charges are doing?

Good morning to everyone I missed! Time to go to work now. Have a great day to all on my side of the planet and good afternoon and evening to those who are not.

@readyornot1234 Now that’s my kind of trade! Yumm! I love maple syrup too! I got a gallon last year at the farmer’s market from a VT family and it was the best decision ever. (I’m in MA). You can’t beat talking with the people who harvested and produced the food you’re eating. This is kind of related but we get to pick up our first meat csa tomorrow and I can’t wait! It’s our first time and I wish we could actually talk with them but their contactless pick-up is much safer right now. Some day we’ll be able to interact with them in a way that doesn’t involve a car window barrier.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 - how are the residents at your job handling all of this? My dog is super confused so I was wondering how your charges are doing?

They did seem a bit bored at first without all the people visiting, but they seem to have adapted pretty well. We make sure that we spend some time working with them everyday to keep enrichment up. When I'm on duty we include some water work so I jump in the water with the seals. We keep meaning to do this but rarely find the time so it is mostly new to them and adds a nice new challenge for them. One got frustrated the other day and I ended up with a nice bruise on my butt when she nipped me, but nothing serious.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »

They did seem a bit bored at first without all the people visiting, but they seem to have adapted pretty well. We make sure that we spend some time working with them everyday to keep enrichment up. When I'm on duty we include some water work so I jump in the water with the seals. We keep meaning to do this but rarely find the time so it is mostly new to them and adds a nice new challenge for them. One got frustrated the other day and I ended up with a nice bruise on my butt when she nipped me, but nothing serious.

Now there’s a story. Not many people can say they’ve been nipped in the butt by a seal.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @alligatorob Your mountains and lake look beautiful. Starting in 1986, I visited the Arizona strip near Kanab, UT and the 4 corners. I went on annual multi-day horseback riding trips through Canyon De Chelly, Monument Valley, Zion, Bryce, Toroweap Point, Mount Trumbull; Kaibab plateau and lots of red rock country. My horse and I even got bogged down in Pariah River quicksand. I learned to love the desert vistas and smells. I miss the smell of sage and I love all of that wonderful Colorado Plateau country.
    But, I have never been north of Bryce.
    I appreciate you sharing your photos and your story of life change.
    Rick
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    May 4

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Kitchen Closed: Yes

This was already posted on May 4 :(
  • MadisonMolly2017