Virtual 5K

13»

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    I'll make it Mo-Su then, in case someone wants to run during the weekend, yet faces unexpected changes in the schedule (events, weather, you name it).

It's posted now!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1299151-virtual-5k-2-8-june
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Awesome idea! I can't join for the first week in June, but hopefully we can do another one mid June.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 604 Member
    I'm in. That's W6 for me, but I may just see how long I can go. Maybe I will run it on June 3rd, my 41st birthday. :tongue:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I'm not due a 5K in that week; 7K recovery, 8K tempo, 8K recovery, 12K long slow run but I'll post my 5K times from those as a comparison.

I'm not going to add a dedicated 5K to that as well
  • AglaeaC
    I'm in. That's W6 for me, but I may just see how long I can go. Maybe I will run it on June 3rd, my 41st birthday. :tongue:
    Yay, birthday! These 5Ks are mostly there for those eager to get an idea of how long the distance is, but I know some graduates might also want to participate to get an extra push to their training (I put it up on my newsfeed for the friend list). I've participated in two and the first one I walked at high speed, the second was an extension of whatever happened in C25K plus walking/running up to 5 km.
  • AglaeaC
    I'm not due a 5K in that week; 7K recovery, 8K tempo, 8K recovery, 12K long slow run but I'll post my 5K times from those as a comparison.

I'm not going to add a dedicated 5K to that as well
    Posting a selection of times would be great.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I will try to work in a 5k, if I don't forget!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I'll do it if I remember!
  • AglaeaC
    The Virtual 5K is coming up! Monday to Sunday!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    I *just* saw this, and I'd love to do it - I ran (jogged) a 5K last month and have another coming up... plus doing C25K. :) Might as well go the distance, yes?
  • AglaeaC
    I *just* saw this, and I'd love to do it - I ran (jogged) a 5K last month and have another coming up... plus doing C25K. :) Might as well go the distance, yes?
    Yes :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Am I the only one putting times in?
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    I'm doing mine tomorrow night :)
  • AglaeaC
    Am I the only one putting times in?
    Chiiill :D I'll do it either tomorrow or on Friday depending on my mood.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 604 Member
    After running my first 5K last month, Im only able to do 3-3.5k right now. Might have to push a little extra or walk a few minute intervals in between to get it done. Was so hoping to run the whole thing though... we will see. Probably do it on Sunday.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Ran my 5k this morning at my local National Park.

5k6-6-14_zps39b463b9.jpg

1 second faster than my best time for 5k and this was a pretty hilly course!
  • AglaeaC
    Ran my 5k this morning at my local National Park.

5k6-6-14_zps39b463b9.jpg

1 second faster than my best time for 5k and this was a pretty hilly course!
    Nice! Want to post it in the results thread, too? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1299151-virtual-5k-2-8-june

This is more to keep the general discussion in one place.