How are you feeling?

Options
Zelda841
Zelda841 Posts: 22 Member
Today I'm 5 weeks, 4 days. And this morning was just the worst in terms of nausea, so far. I jumped out of bed like everything was normal. I noticed I was a little nauseous, considered eating a couple of crackers but decided to ignore it and just push through, because I wanted to tend to the chickens first. The chicks are only about 5 weeks old (about the same as my pregnancy, funnily enough) so I'm still putting them up in their barn each night, for now. Anyway, I let them out and was tending to their food and water...was just about to walk out of their enclosure when I was struck by the most horrendous nausea. I thought I'd just fall down. I quickly made it inside the house and basically just collapsed inside the back door as I was dry-heaving. Oh, man. It was awful. Since this is my first pregnancy, I really didn't have a clue the nausea could get that bad. I've never really been able to vomit, so I tend to just dry-heave. Go figure. Anyway, I think next time I should probably just listen to my body. Crackers first! :smile:

How are you feeling?

Replies

• gracetipikin
    gracetipikin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bloated, crampy, headaches...no nausea yet-im bracing myself!☺ it usually hits me by week 6 or 7
  • Zelda841
    Zelda841 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Yes, brace yourself. I feel like a jerk; I never realized how sick one could get in pregnancy (this being my first). Yesterday was tremendously rough. Hope you're faring ok!

How many weeks are you, gracetipikin? I'm now 6 + 4. My first in-office appointment is coming up on the 12th (I'll be 8+1). I have no idea what to expect.
  • gracetipikin
    Options
    Im 6 +1. I havent made an appointment yet, i usually have my first around the 12 week mark.
    I've always used a midwife so first appointments may be different with a MD, but they will probably officially figure out your due date, weigh you, try and listen for a heartbeat(the fun part), check your blood pressure, probably go over any existing medical conditions and symptoms you have, what medications you are taking, family history...blah blah blah☺

Hope you feel better!

Have you told any family or friends?
    I told my husband of course and my older sister. I want to tell the rest of my siblings and parents but trying to do it with social distancing just doesn't sound like fun... trying to think of something creative.
  • gracetipikin
    Options
    How's everyone doing?
    My morning sickness finally hit me this week😛 seltzer water and spearmint gum to the rescue!