Mighty (not munchy) May - accountability thread

Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @cayenne_007 & @CeeBeeSlim & @SummerSkier, Thank you!
    Trying! Summer is creeping up and it's pool time! I need to rock my bikini!!!! lol
    More core work and strength work focusing on mid section and back. Mixing things up with the Stability ball, Floor work and weights.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    So my accountability looks like weekly. For this week I am working on getting an hr min run in the morning. And 2 30 minute walk breaks during the day. Focus on clean logging and no weighing.
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    May – Stats
    5’2”
    SW:160
    GW:125
    May SW: 134.6
    May GW: 132.5
    Goals:
    1. Complete the scheduled Chloe Ting Hourglass Challenge workout videos every day (attempt every day-if I cannot complete everything, that’s okay)
    2. Log all calories, and stay at or under goal most days (within 200 calories of my goal, and all calories logged will be considered a success)

Rewards:
    $50 spending – When I have completed 10 consecutive days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward.
    $50 spending – When I have completed 25 total days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward.
    Daily Report:
     5/1 – 134.6 - I am ready to start this month off and get it rocking and rolling! Worked out AND tracked all calories. Let’s go!
    5/2 - Nothing
    5/3 – Nada - Weekends are rough. I need to figure out a method to stay focused through my varying schedule.
    5/4 -137.6 – Crazy how two bad days can make me feel horrible. Ready to get back on it today! Finished my work-out this morning, and already tracking calories!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    @cayenne_007 & @CeeBeeSlim & @SummerSkier, Thank you!
    Trying! Summer is creeping up and it's pool time! I need to rock my bikini!!!! lol
    More core work and strength work focusing on mid section and back. Mixing things up with the Stability ball, Floor work and weights.

None of the pools in my area are opening up this year!!! :(
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @Go_Deskercise , You're kidding!! They aren't?? I was bummed when I heard my kids summer camp was cancelled but I didn't think that parks and pool will be... What are the kids to do??
    I'm lucky we have a backyard pool and our neighbors have one. We will be visiting each other with cocktails and bbq.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @l4a_p : I'm glad you are back !! So some of us have fallen off the wagon (hm hm :blush: ), we can get back on it together, let's do this :wink:
    Others, like @weatherking2019 and @cayenne_007 have been consistent regardless of the change of routine and are a great role model and motivator, so keep on hanging around.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    2019: HW 78 - LW 69
    CW: 71.9
    Maintenance weight: 69.5
    May GW: get back to 70

1. Get my snacking under control. I'm good with my three meals, but it is the inbetween and evening snacks that undo everything
    2. My May goal is exactly the same as the April goal, I'll keep on reporting here on a daily basis until I get to 70 again.
    3. Hopefully, we will get back to diving again somewhere this month, which burns calories like crazy

01/05: 70.7
    02/05: 70.7
    03/05: 70.7
    04/05: 71.9 - we had spaghetti bolo last night
    05/05: 71.9
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:110.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 19.9 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat light dinner
    Goal #2: Lunch run 5x week
    Goal #3: Burst mini workouts 5x day
    Goal #4: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/30 110 19%
    04/30 110, 19.9%

05/01 110, 19.9%
    05/05 112!! 20.4%!! No comment. O M G😵😵😵
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    34/5'4"

CW: 137.20
    GW: 135

May 5: 137.20

Ooops! After 4 days of forgetting to weigh, I finally remembered this morning.

Happy Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday everyone :)
  • GiraffeWithPants
    GiraffeWithPants Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Height: 5"8
    Cw: 142
    May Gw: 130

Goals:
    1. Do 1 hr of ballet a day minimum
    2. Only eat deserts 1 day a week
    3. Stick to the MFP calorie limit
    4. Consume more protein than carbs
  • Antiopelle
    Options

1. Get my snacking under control. I'm good with my three meals, but it is the inbetween and evening snacks that undo everything
    2. My May goal is exactly the same as the April goal, I'll keep on reporting here on a daily basis until I get to 70 again.
    3. Hopefully, we will get back to diving again somewhere this month, which burns calories like crazy

04/05: 71.9
    06/05: 71.6

I finally managed to stay under my cal limit yesterday!
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

First week almost over, including a long weekend off with semi-okayish weather. Goal 2, check. Goal 3: work in progress (applying goal 1 here and be gentle on myself. There was a lot of walking, some cycling, and furniture building involved to make up for activity.) Goal 4: semi-check. I had chocolate on only 2 days, but we found nice rhubarb in a farm shop and made a tarte with it. Every day a little piece of this. So some sweet stuff, but less than usual.

Weight is not yet coming down although there’s at least a little calorie deficit each day. But I also haven’t slept too well the past few days and it feels like water retention might have an impact on the scale because of this. Should be okay once sleep is coming back. Maybe tomorrow after my pole session.

hi8y6ugnzk8m.png

Mantra: I’m not a potato.

Goal #1: Be gentle towards myself and get my head back into the game. (And loose what I regained since February. This will take longer than just a month. Better to get started on it.)
    Goal #2: Log more regularly including weekends.
    Goal #3: Go running at least twice a week. Plus, train for pole at least twice a week.
    Goal #4: Eat less sweet stuff (Chocolate not more than 4 days per week instead of every day).
    GW May: 71.5 kg / 157.6 lbs

169 cm / 5’5”, 37 y 
    HW: 76.1 kg / 168 lbs (26/Aug/19) 
    Overall GW: 57.5 kg / 127 lbs 
    Monthly avg –> Sep: 73.6 kg / Oct: 73.0 kg / Nov: 72.5 kg / Dec: 71.6 kg / Jan: 71.7 kg / Feb: 72.3 kg / Mar: 72.5 kg / Apr: 72.8 kg
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1. Complete the scheduled Chloe Ting Hourglass Challenge workout videos every day (attempt every day-if I cannot complete everything, that’s okay)
    2. Log all calories, and stay at or under goal most days (within 200 calories of my goal, and all calories logged will be considered a success)

Rewards:
    $50 spending – When I have completed 10 consecutive days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward.
    $50 spending – When I have completed 25 total days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward.

Daily Report:
    *5/1 – 134.6 - I am ready to start this month off and get it rocking and rolling! Worked out AND tracked all calories. Let’s go!
    5/2 - Nothing
    5/3 – Nada - Weekends are rough. I need to figure out a method to stay focused through my varying schedule.
    *5/4 -137.6 – Crazy how two bad days can make me feel horrible. Ready to get back on it today! Finished my work-out this morning, and already tracking calories!
    *5/5 – Another good day, calories and workout complete!
    5/6 – Off to a slow start this morning, but doing well on calories and hoping to complete my workout this afternoon.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4

May - wow! I've been snowed under the last 2 wks. Finished a major project this morning that's been sucking up every minute of my time and energy when I'm not in the office. I had an old friend (we've been social distancing and so has she) stay with us for a week - she's not in good health and required the rest of my energy to try to help her. Big lesson in WHY we need to keep our bodies strong. We've had my hubby's kids with us pretty much non-stop the whole quarantine - this isn't easy on a 42 that's never had children in the house. I'm not very domesticated so figuring out quick meals took some doing. Bought new batteries for my scale today and ready to get back to daily weigh ins. I'm focusing on doing a few things for me this month - can't pour from an empty cup. I will have my goals for the month lined out by Monday. This wknd is the first time we've had alone in since this mess started March 15th - I'm not going to worry too much about it and simply enjoy the quiet time with my husband. Steaks on the grill & cocktails is on the menu tonight.

5/6 - 145.2 - Put new batteries in the scale this morning and weighed for the first time in a WHILE! Nothing like weighing in after celebrating Cinco de Mayo all day yesterday....but gotta start somewhere!
  • Antiopelle
    Options

04/05: 71.9
    06/05: 71.6
    07/05: 71.4

I’m starting a staycation today. Normally we would have gone to the Netherlands for a diving holiday at the beach, but as we cannot cross borders, and hubbie cannot cancel his days off, we are stuck at home.
    I’ll take it as an opportunity to do some cycling and getting my step count back on track for my yearly goals. And get back to a maintenance weight of course.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    I need to get back on the wagon - March and April were crazy town for me, and I let my eating habits and exercise slide (add in the complications of covid, and it was a recipe for disaster). I moved part way across the country - again - to Georgia.

Been here for a month now, getting settled in, and life is starting to settle into a routine other than needing to sort out the job situation over the next 2-3 months. Other than that, though, the excuses are getting thin (pun intended).

Gyms being closed has sucked - I'm not set up at home to do the workouts I really enjoy (would be a huge investment), and while not a good reason, it demotivates me to get up and do yet another "home" workout. Eating like a stressed out piglet only compounded the problem.

So, time to get off my butt and control what I can, starting with what I stuff in my pie hole lol. Stress really shouldn't be a reason - it's an excuse, and not even a good one.

Current Weight: 152.4 **cry**
    Goal Weight: ~135

5/6/20: 152.4

I’m glad you are back @HoneyBadger155 !
    We seem to be a bunch of girls who fell off the wagon and are getting back to it, so very glad that you will join us !

• jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    xao6mws4xirv.png

*sigh* I have done well yesterday on food and drink and am waiting for my body to finally respond to the decrease in sugar intake (and that even during my weekly day in the office!).

At least I slept much better last night and feel a bit fresher. AND I have a hairdresser appointment in a month waiting for me :D Latest development in the Netherlands: they'll start lifting the lockdown rules bit by bit over the coming months, all depending on how the C-situation responds to this but at least it's a new phase! As soon as they announced that hairdressers would open again I went online for an appointment, hahaha. Stupid. But it made me happy. And more motivated to stay strong on the sugar craving front. >:)