May Challenge 2020

WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
Hello May!

If you have any goals/thoughts that you want to share, feel free to do so here!

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi! I'm back!

The spreadsheet is up and running for anyone who wants to join me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176VoQo1O354WMX5V56uvjDdxFLFOC_gw_NEmArQ0-FY/edit?usp=drivesdk

The baby has been weaned so I'm going to try to get this done in one shot. I'm sick of feeling so frumpy. Bonus it will help my milk dry up. Though I am debating continuing to pump as I decrease my meds so that I can donate my milk (and benefit from the milk production calorie burn).

I have no clue if we will try for another baby. The decision is really hard this time. But either way I need to get my body healthy.

My goals for the month:

1) Lose 5ish lbs (more if possible due to water weight loss)
    2) Get off the meds safely by May 26 assuming I feel happy (they can cause depression when coming off them)
    3) Stretch and or dance for fun and for exercise
    4) No unplanned binges in the evening. No binges period.

We are also going to be starting feeding therapy with an occupational therapist for my son to help encourage his pickiness to decrease. I am curious what that will mean for our family diet. I also have to balance losing weight with fattening my daughter up (or more like making sure she still has a high fat diet) lol.

May 4: 144.2 lb (0.0 lb lost)
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:
    May 31:
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie Welcome back! Check out kids.eat.in.color on Instagram. She has a free picky eater guide that may be able to help in the meantime. Good luck! :)
  • VeryKatie
    @VeryKatie Welcome back! Check out kids.eat.in.color on Instagram. She has a free picky eater guide that may be able to help in the meantime. Good luck! :)

Thanks! Yes I've heard of that kids eat in colour. Unfortunately we are beyond that.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie You're welcome!
  • VeryKatie
    edited May 2020
    Let see, an update!

I'm 141.4 lb today and the water weight is gone already and weight loss has slowed. Time for the grind...

Um I've been good about controlling snacking in the evenings.

I should exercise more. My back is aching because all Brooke wants to to is hold hands to practice walking.

I'm down to 3 pills a day now (from 6) so no more than 3 more weeks of those!

My Google calendar told me to start trying for baby 3 this weekend LOL. This is the earliest we would aim for considering return to work but I am still leaning towards no more babies. I feel like if I have one more I have to have 2 more so that EVERYONE has to share bedrooms. I also can't still be on this medication and get pregnant. Its not safe. But if my cycles are still long that doesn't rule out trying later this month. Maybe I'll start tracking my bbt. I think earliest we will wait till next cycle so that we don't have 2 January babies.
  • VeryKatie
    I love losing water weight the first week lol. I'm down 4.4 lbs! I'm in the 130's! A good day. Hopefully the rest of the 20 lbs goes smoothly.
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Well done losing weight @VeryKatie 😊

I just turned 31 so am back on board to get rid of this weight.
    Current weight - 74.1kg (163.3lbs)
    Goal weight - 65kg (143lbs)

I need to try and find the motivation to work out, so any tips anyone has would be helpful!
  • VeryKatie
    @sarawilliams5889 I have to admit I rarely exercise. I was hoping to do some stretching and calisthentics but that keeps not happening. The only tip is find something fun and do it before you get tired.
  • VeryKatie
    Hello all!

I can tell I REALLY miss this group. I wish I had been able to keep it as active while I was dealing with the littles. I'm glad some people are still here though. How is it going? How is May for you?

I'm still doing alright for my goals. I have been sticking to my calorie limit all but one day (planned). I've been doing some hip mobility exercises too since they're still screwed up from pregnancy. My weight is down about 4.8 lbs and hope to keep losing. I can tell I feel like rushing it even though that's not smart lol.
  • sarawilliams5889
    sarawilliams5889 Posts: 105 Member
    Well done on losing weight Katie! Sticking to a calorie goal can be such a battle.
    I have not been doing very well so far, still very up and down each day after my mc and been doing a lot of comfort eating which does not help (does the opposite in fact!)
    Would be great if this group was a bit more active, hopefully others will get back involved.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    May has been a disaster for me between working from home, potty training, and now confirmed infertility. I have gained about six pounds in the last two months though, and I really don’t like that. My goal for the rest of May is to focus on my mental health and get back to using my planner. Next month I will refocus on weight loss and exercise.
  • VeryKatie
    edited May 2020
    @sarawilliams5889 that so hard, I'm very sorry to hear about your mc. Are you recovering physically alright?

@puffbrat potty training is so hard. We started in March and K still won't poop in the potty and has regressions every so often. Plus he is getting no practice in public washrooms at all of course. I'm sorry to hear about your infertility! It's baffling! Is there anything you can/want to do?
This discussion has been closed.