Want To Lose 10 Pounds?

Replies

• linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Since I was late to the party, this is week 1 for me. Down 1.0#, and I'm pleased with that and determined to keep at it for the long haul.

As far as my plan ...
    Quiet time, I'm 9/9 for a.m. and p.m.✔️
    Diet Coke, 1 or less, 9/9✔️
    WW pts, w/ use of some WPs, OP✔️
    Eating in 8 hr window, 3/9
    Exercise, 3x a week ✔️
    Eating more fruits & veggies✔️

I'm feeling pretty good about my plan, so for now I'll leave it alone. I'm grateful for this challenge!

Week 1 -1.0#
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    End of week seven recap:

1) Stay within my MFP calorie budget (3 of 7 days)
    2) Keep up with tracking DURING the day instead of catching up at the end of the day (7 of 7 days)
    3) Get in at least 5,000 steps per day. (7 of 7 days)
    4) Get in 2 strength training sessions per week (1 of 2 done)

Start of Week One Weight: 176 (WW goal is 170)
    Start of Week Two Weight: 175
    Start of Week Three Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Four Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Five Weight: 175
    Start of Week Six Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Seven Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Eight Weight: 173.5

Apparently if I stick closer to my plan, the scale trends downward. We hired someone to take over my old position at work. She starts 7/20 so some relief is on the horizon.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,231 Member
    I'm down 1.6 pounds. This is a surprise. I had a decent week in terms of overall consumption, but my tracking was sporadic. I really struggled with sleep this week, and that throws everything off. There was a lot of eating at odd hours, and I'd try to decide if I should track what I was eating at 3:00am as part of the day that I originally woke up or as part of the calendar day. I finally gave up and decided to just eat intuitively and not worry about tracking.

Obviously, sleep is my area of focus this week. I'll be back to tracking as well.

I haven't been in the 170s since last summer!

Starting Weight: 182
    Week 1: 181
    Week 2 181.2
    Week 3: 180.6
    Week 4: 181.4
    Week 5: 181.4
    Week6: 180
    Week 7: 178.4
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,927 Member
    Sticking to my plan and success for the most part. When I stray off I do it big time 4th weekend tomorrowplus my 73rd Birthday Monday. So doing my best to stay consistant. I have however been keeping my kcals to between 1200-1500 for the most part and still keeping my energy up. Obviously Tracking is the key for me.
    Plan:
    1. 1200-1500 max 1700 kcals per day.(not doing WW pts.)
    2. Tracking every crumb that goes in my mouth through MFP then report back every Friday to her and this theead.
    3. Using the Simple Plate my plate method. Balance plate per USDA guide lines ie; Balanced / Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein foods, Dairy. Water 8 cups minimum daily.
    4. WI every Friday as usual then post results.
    5. Be positive! Daily.

Week 1 WI 5/8 =310.8 Start
    Week 2/5/15 = 309.6 -0.8
    Week 3/5/22 = 313.8 + 4.2
    Week 4/5/29 = 313.8 +-0.0
    Week 5/6/05 =309.8 - 4.0
    Week 6/6/12 = 313.0 +3.2
    Week 7/6/19 = 305.4 - 7.6
    Week 8/6/26 = 304.0 -1.4
    Week 9/7/03 = 303.6 -.04
    May 8th start (310.8/Lose 10 lb Challenge current <stat> - 7.2 lbs loss
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,852 Member
    As I said in weigh-in. Up 1.4#, Just a blip.
  • linmueller
    I've been following my plan. Not perfectly, but I have been consistently within my WW points. The biggest challenge is eating in an 8 hour window. It was really easy when I did it before, but not as much this time, maybe because I'm home more this time. It definitely makes me pause before nighttime snacking, and I've only gone over when I ate dinner late.

This week I'm down 3.8#, not surprising since week one was bouncing and on WI day I was on the upside of the bounce. It's nice when it catches up!

So glad to be moving in the right direction!

6/26 Week 1 WI -1.0, total 1.0
    7/3 Week 2 WI -3.8, total 4.8
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,928 Member
    Grrrr, so frustrated! I just lost the post I spent 10' typing out in my phone.

Quick version: lost a bit more, plan to stick to my plan again this week.
  • linmueller
    edited July 2020
    Grrrr, so frustrated! I just lost the post I spent 10' typing out in my phone.

Quick version: lost a bit more, plan to stick to my plan again this week.

That happens to me too often! Mine is usually user error (I push a very visie 'done' instead of 'post', which i can't see w/o scrolling, just sayin')

Hopefully you'll have the ambition to retype it later 🤞
  • imastar2
    @steveOmania losing types info happens way to often for me so I type sometimes in a notepad that automatically saves it for me then if I get interrupted or turn my phone down or just plain lose it I can just copy and paste. Anyway hope you'll have time to reconstruct later. Happy 4th to you.
  • whathapnd
    I'm up a pound. Not worried because I had a good week from an eating standpoint. My tracking was still sporadic, so my eating was more intuitive again, but there were no snacks to over-eat. My pants continue to feel looser, and my husband commented that I look like I've lost weight. Sleep was still a huge issue. I got good sleep last night and am going to work really hard on maintaining a schedule this week. I know I sound like a broken record on this issue, but it's not an easy fix.

I'm going to be doing some baking for others this week, so I need to have a plan to get things out of the house in a timely manner. Timing will be key.

Overall, I still feel good about this challenge even though the weight isn't coming off quickly. My head is appropriately in the game - - no obsessing and no effits.

Have a safe weekend!
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    End of week eight recap:

1) Stay within my MFP calorie budget (1 of 7 days)
    2) Keep up with tracking DURING the day instead of catching up at the end of the day (4 of 7 days?)
    3) Get in at least 5,000 steps per day. (7 of 7 days)
    4) Get in 2 strength training sessions per week (1 of 2 done)

Start of Week One Weight: 176 (WW goal is 170)
    Start of Week Two Weight: 175
    Start of Week Three Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Four Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Five Weight: 175
    Start of Week Six Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Seven Weight: 174.5
    Start of Week Eight Weight: 173.5
    Start of Week Night Weight: 175

Well, I'm not gaining. But I'm also not making progress at losing either. Last week was a blur. I had been out of town hiking w/bike shuttle and then was slammed with work emails when I returned. It was just a very stressful week which never bodes well for my eating habits.

On a positive note, I just joined our local community fitness center. They are operating by reservation only. The last 2 days I've been the only person there during the time I signed up. I'm glad to have an indoor option again since the heat and humidity have been unbearable this month.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,928 Member
    Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll! I'm now 11 pounds down!

OK, to be fair, I fasted yesterday (Jewish fast day), so I didn't really make goal, as some of that is certainly a little dehydration, etc. :-)

The past week was pretty solid. I mostly kept to my plan (not perfectly, but mostly), and I felt under good control of myself. I have been doing a good job visualizing how I would feel the next morning if I stuck to my plan versus "giving in" to my at-the-moment urges. That seems to help keep my willpower strong. Also, having an alternate plan for dealing with those urges also helps (e.g., having a cup of tea instead of a snack at night).

So, this week, wash, rinse, repeat...more of the same. No alcohol, snacks, or dessert during the week, limit myself to single appropriate portions of meals, and accept a little "looseness" on Friday/Saturday with food for Shabbat (but still keeping things in decent check).

And if, somehow, I remain below this 10 pound goal next week, my plan is to work to take off another 5 pounds. That would get me to 130 pounds, which is my personal target (my WW goal is 146, but I feel best in the 130 range).
  • whathapnd
    Congrats Steve!! Sometimes just seeing that lower number on the scale provides the incentive to stick with good decisions.

I'll post about my week tomorrow.
  • troylfullerton
    troylfullerton Posts: 49 Member
    I missed this challenge--wasn't watching the message boards. If we do this again, I'm in! Are we going to start another ten-pound rotation with this challenge is over?
  • imastar2
    edited July 2020
    Getting really close to the goal. Sticking to my plan and success for the most part. When I stray off I isually do it big time 4th came and went plus weekend came and went then my 73rd birthday o. Monday came and went. So doing my best to stay consistant. I have however been keeping my kcals to between 1200-1500 for the most part and still keeping my energy up. Obviously Tracking is the key for me.
    My Plan:
    1. 1200-1500 max 1700 kcals per day.(not doing WW pts.)
    2. Tracking every crumb that goes in my mouth through MFP then report back every Friday to her and this theead.
    3. Using the Simple Plate my plate method. Balance plate per USDA guide lines ie; Balanced / Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein foods, Dairy. Water 8 cups minimum daily.
    4. WI every Friday as usual then post results.
    5. Be positive! Daily.

Week 1 WI 5/8 =310.8 Start
    Week 2/5/15 = 309.6 -0.8
    Week 3/5/22 = 313.8 + 4.2
    Week 4/5/29 = 313.8 +-0.0
    Week 5/6/05 =309.8 - 4.0
    Week 6/6/12 = 313.0 +3.2
    Week 7/6/19 = 305.4 - 7.6
    Week 8/6/26 = 304.0 -1.4
    Week 9/7/03 = 303.6 -.04
    Week 10/7/10 = 301.6 - 2.0 lbs
    May 8th start (310.8/Lose 10 lb Challenge current <stat> - 9.2 lbs loss
  • whathapnd
    @troylfullerton - - feel free to jump in on the challenge now. Several of us are still not close to meeting the goal. No hard and fast rules here - - just a place to help with accountability/encouragement.

And yes, I envision at least one more round of this challenge. Maybe two.
  • troylfullerton
    troylfullerton Posts: 49 Member
    Cool! Starting Weight--July 10, 2020--- 200.6
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,852 Member
    @troyfullerton : Here's the original post from Emmie:
    I seem to do well when I have some public accountability, so I'm going to post here on my quest to lose 10 pounds. I need to lose double that that to reclaim WW Lifetime status, but this my the start.

Anybody want to join me? I know we have quite a few folks here still actively losing. This is not, "Let's see how fast I can lose it." However, I am at a weight where I could have early inspiring losses . . . if I'd just work the plan and track.

I'm planning to post here at least weekly.

So, hop on into the pool. The water is fine. ;)
  • linmueller
    I missed this challenge--wasn't watching the message boards. If we do this again, I'm in! Are we going to start another ten-pound rotation with this challenge is over?

I just started a few weeks ago. Never too late to join in!
  • linmueller
    edited July 2020
    I'm up #1.8. Four days at the cottage was tough. The menu was challenging, ie. Breakfast sandwich w/bacon, egg and cheese (I had mine open face), lasagna & garlic bread (had a half portion and small piece garlic bread), bacon cheese burger with chips ) skipped the chips and ate the low cal 3 bean salad I made), oh, and one meal was appetizer foods like cheese and crackers, dips, arggg, you get the idea.

So I tried to watch portions, added veggies to every dinner menu, sometimes ate different foods from everyone else (there was no other way to come close to being OP). I will for sure be trying to get control of the menu next time!

Also watched the alcohol, 1 shot in a large glass, Crystal light to start instead of a mixed drink, and limited myself. But still, it was 4 days 🙄.

I also tracked every day, not weighing and measuring, just trying my best.

And when I came home, the first 2 days weren't great, but Thurs and today have been "perfect", met all my spiritual, exercise, and eating goals. Checked off every box.

So I think I'm back on track, and our son is working 4 straight 24s so the boat will be docked and my challenges minimal. I'm actually looking forward to being in control and watching the scale go down again. I'm definitely in this for the long haul!

6/26 Week 1 WI -1.0, total -1.0
    7/3 Week 2 WI -3.8, total -4.8
    7/10 Week 3 WI +1.8 total -3.0

And, I added two more things to my list, a new arm exercise (I'd love to get rid of the 'wave') and trying to get 7/10 hours a day on my versa challenge of 250+ steps an house. Also upped the reps on the existing arm exercises and increased the time on my balence board. Slow and steady ...