First week progress

sugarpops20
sugarpops20 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2020 in Social Groups
Hi I just got through my first week and I have lost 6lbs ! I am so happy . I’ve been struggling to get back to losing again and it looks like low carb is working for me😁

Replies

• mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Well done, i am on and off that wagon.finding it hard with the lockdown and no gym available (yes i know i can go out for walks, but it isn't the same as paying and committing to it).
  • siouxsee
    siouxsee Posts: 4 Member
    I’m new here, is low carb better than low fat? And if so how many carbs should I stick to per day? TIA
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 828 Member
    Check out the launch pad here for getting started. There’s all kinds of great advice, calculators, etc. It really will be an experiment as you find what does and does not work. Give it time.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I was able to lose my weight with 100 carbs or less, 40 lbs but some people eat much less carbs, do what is best for you.
  • erin3011
    erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
    Congrats on your first week of success!
    Do know, that the first week or two will show the most drastic and fastest loss. Most of it is water weight. Not that that should deter you at all! Just don’t get discouraged when your next few weeks show lower numbers. Keep it up and it will steadily come off. Some people get upset with the slow down, but it is totally normal. For example, my very first week I lost 8 pounds. Then it was .5-1 pound for a while. Then I stalled out for a few weeks, then I went back up slightly and then whoooosh I came down. It was like -8, -.5, -.5, -1, +2, -3.5, +.5, -1.... if you plotted that on a graph, it is all downward but there are a few ups in there too.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    @sugarpops20 how has it been going for you during the pandemic?