Pudding math problem

Options
l4a_p
l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
edited May 2020 in Social Groups
Hi!
I'm super frustrated with the nutritional values put on a "instant pudding powder" package (see image).
It states its nutritional value is based on the prepared pudding. Aka per 100 grams of prepared pudding (not just the powder). But they specifically state the recipe is with semi-skimmed milk. Now, I make this with almond milk which is barely any kcal, and milk still has a lot.

So my question is: does anyone either know how much kcal this type of powder is in its original format, OR a way to calculate the "prepared portion" with my almond milk?
So currently they state that 100 gram of 1 package of powder (42gram) + 250ml semi-skimmed milk = 95 kcal

Now 250ml semi-skimmed milk is about 115kcal.
And 250ml of my almond milk is 48kcal.

Is there a way to reverse engineer calculate this? I'm so bad at math.

6rfz4ys9ncuy.jpg

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Use “puddingpoeder vanille” from the brand “Imperial”. I can’t imagine it will be that way off, they are very similar.
  • l4a_p
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Use “puddingpoeder vanille” from the brand “Imperial”. I can’t imagine it will be that way off, they are very similar.

They have the same problem: the kcal count stated as prepared pudding (with milk).
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    I have a pack size in my diary ... not sure how I can share this with you but I’ll try
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    vmf1tu5s3ycr.png
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    182 kcal for 50 gr
  • l4a_p
    Options
    Aha!! Thank you! It's crap news because it means my new found dessert is no where near as light as I thought it was but a tleast now I know and can rest in peace! Haha! Thanks ;)
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    You’re welcome 😇
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I found for if I put add food (not meal) I can redo it myself as just pudding mix for everyone who’s on here. I use unsweetened almond milk 30cal a glass or unsweetened cashew milk 25cal! So none of the presets that show if you use all ingredients works at all for me. I also use egg whites 35cal instead of a whole egg 75cal in recipes! If I use a whole egg going to boil it! I try to cut down on oils so it calls for a cup of vegetable oil I add it on here but half a cup water y half vegetable oil or olive oil in the recipe or a stick of margarine or nothing just pan spray it!

I’m trying to lose the last pounds 55lbs lost so far. I just learned how to hand add was stuck on a plateau! So erased everything on my presets I usually hit that are close enough (eat veggie bacon to turkey bacon but calories for that brand were wrong I added closest one cause balancing a toddler with life you just say darn it look okay this pork bacon has the right calories add it. Then the nutrition parts off in sodium to protein even macros uugghh moment! I decided erase them all start a few days ago hand adding only correct stuff no guess work or close enoughs.Bam loosing weight again by 2lbs in 3days! I’m also making sure to add the wet Cheetos baby shoves in my mouth saying Shaaaare! Lol 😂 not enjoyable but it does take away from my calories.

I’m also finding a lot of my products are not in here at all gluten-free to a vegetarian/vegan item or even a new type of meat product .(Was raised moms family vegan/vegetarians lots of sweets/Dads side mixed race lots of natural foods y meats all raised free range so yeah my diets all over the place...my kids are Pescatarian to Octovarian so I cook meat I eat alone unless hubby wants to aggravate his gout cause he’s tired of the Doctors Vegan diet he’s been put on). We’re a mess to cook for lol but at least it tastes good in the end .

I’m discovering that my hormones are out of whack so been binge watching chick flicks on Netflix craving sweets. Hubby got me a ton of grapes 🍇 y strawberries 🍓 swear they are definitely in season sweetest grapes 🍇 ever you guys got to buy some!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My cake recipe tho preset showed 280 cal for fresh eggs 🥚 y whole milk was 100cal less with egg whites less oil y unsweetened almond milk . So sometimes it is more or less so adding every ingredient individually now