Week off "refresher "?

Options
Hey all! So last week I was having a really difficult time completing week 4. I was really out of breath even on the third day doing the program. I focused so much on speed and pace to stay slow and steady, but after day 3 I knew I could not just go right on to week 5. I haven't had this happen yet. I decided to take 5 days off from running because I had a ton of obligations with family and work in a short window, and I knew things would be calm again starting yesterday. Well last night I went for the run and I decided to forge ahead and try week 5 day 1, just to see if I could do the first run. I figured if not then I will go back to week 4. To my surprise, the entire thing of week 5 day 1 was incredibly easy! What happened? Did my body need the break? I could barely do week 4 without feeling like death by the end and it almost felt like a stroll last night with week 5 day 1. I am happy about it, but, I am puzzled. Any ideas?

Replies

• tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wow- glad it is getting easier for you. Dunno why the improvement. I am on week four this week and also feel like I am one step from Death's door. Do day 2 tomorrow and am honestly dreading it and up til this week had been enjoying the program.