INTRODUCTIONS

Options
Steph_135
Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
Please use this space to introduce yourself!

Not sure what to say?

How about:
  • What brought you to MFP?
  • WHY are you on this journey?
  • How long have you been living a healthier lifestyle?
  • What is your favorite exercise type and favorite healthy food/meal?
  • What is your STRATEGY for this "final round" before maintenance?

Replies

• shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Shawna! I've been on MFP on and off over the past 7 years, with lots of success, and then a lot of hiccups. I'm on this journey to return to my "pre-baby" weight, and most importantly fit into my nicer clothing. I restarted this healthy journey this January at 196lbs, I'm now down to 166 I believe, so I'm feeling positive and motivated! I'm starting the couch 2 5K program this week to help stay active. I'd really like to go begin running 5K regularly again :)
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Welcome @shawna_25 ! That's fantastic!! Congrats on your progress so far! Wonderful to hear!! I liked the C25K program, and enjoy running too. (More of an occasional thing for me - mostly I lift weights and do dancing.) I've been with MFP for a long time too! Let's rock this, and reach our goals!!
  • Steph_135
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Steph. Like, Shawna, I've been on MFP a long time - 10 years. When I first joined, I weighed 195. I'm currently around 165. My highest weight was 245 (in high school), and my goal weight is 145 (with muscles!!).

I'm an exercise and healthy eating enthusiast, who just needs to practice a little more of what she knows. Last year I became a personal trainer, because I just LOVE lifting so much, and I'm studying now to become a holistic nutritionist. Health, wellness, and personal development are all I've been reading about since I was 13 years old!

My action plan is:

a) to get back into lifting weight regularly, which I was doing back in 2014 when I purchased 24 training sessions and had amazing progress working with my trainer,

b) to incorporate more healthy eating (specifically supporting my liver to help with natural detox), and

c) reduce stress - I definitely have symptoms of high cortisol, and I want to reduce it to release some of the "stress weight" I've gained (about 10-15 lbs) over the past 2 years. I will be doing yoga, meditation, and deep breathing to help with this.

I'm so excited to connect with everyone! MFP is an awesome tool. I'm very grateful to be here with you all.
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m Lori.

I’ve been on and off MFP for 8 years but it’s been nearly 20 years since I was last at goal weight.

I’d been doing quite well earlier this year and had lost 14 lbs but since lockdown and working from home I have regained half of that. I’ve missed the hour’s walk to work and back and been baking!

My current weight is 172 lbs and I’d like to be under 140 lbs.

My action plan:

1). Make sensible food choices, minimising the treats.

2). Walk 10,000+ steps every day

3). Do one exercise class ever day (probably one from Lucy Wyndham-Read’s 7 minute series)

Thank you for organising and looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • Steph_135
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @H2596 Hi Lori!! Welcome to the group!

I know, it's been so tough not being able to rely on work to keep me on schedule and in a routine! I used to stand most of the day, and have 2 opportunities to eat.

Although, I do appreciate the time I have at home now... I prefer to workout between 10am-2pm, and that wasn't possible for me during the week before.

Great action plan!! :grin:
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hello, I'm Marcella. I first joined MFP December 2016 (with a different user name) weighing 192 lbs. I lost down to 147 and was 15 pounds away from goal.

WHY are you on this journey? About a year and a half ago, it became clear that my almost 30 year marriage would not be able to continue. After having been living a very healthy lifestyle, little (old) eating/lifestyle habits re-emerged. Partially due to that and partially due to stress/lack of sleep, I regained weight that I thought was gone forever. The marriage is now over, the stress is greatly reduced, the sleep is much better and most of the lifestyle issues have been re-addressed. I am continuing this journey because leading a healthy lifestyle leaves me feeling better, healthier and more energetic.

I have been living a healthier lifestyle for about 20 years. Obviously, there has been continued room for improvement. It has gotten much healthier over the past few years and now, I'm once again taking it to a better level.

I love being outside gardening/walking/hiking. I also have enjoyed strength training in the past and I am working to rebuild this habit. I have a nice weights setup at home. (Made sure to keep that in the divorce.) :smiley: My grown sons are happy to make sure I do everything properly! As for food, some of my favorite things are roasted vegetables and right now, I also seem to be craving oranges.

My strategy for this "final round" to reach my goal and stay there is:
    1. Back to whole foods. (This is how I normally eat when I'm not stressing over divorce.)
    2. Enjoy a more active lifestyle and include weight training.
    3. Quality/adequate sleep.
    4. Daily quiet time and time to read.
    5. More social time with friends.

• clarissansmith2
    clarissansmith2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Clarissa and I just started MFP. I am 38, mother of 14 (4 birth, 8 inherited, 2 adopted) and weigh 180 pounds. I really want to get back to my weight of 150. I have dedicated my life to everything else but now since the kids are no longer babies (youngest 16 this year) and close to 18 I want to get back to me. You know being my best self (mentally and physically). My husband has always been very physically fit and extremely happy I decided to make a commitment to becoming healthy. I have used other fitness tracking devices and I have had successful losing weight. Becoming bored and gaining it all back. I looking for more of a connection with people. A true supportive group.
  • Steph_135
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hi Marcella - I'm glad you're with us! It's great that you've been at your goal before, because you know what it feels like to be there. I imagine that would be good motivation.

I'm sorry to hear about your marriage, but I'm also celebrating that you did what had to be done. I can also identify with being in a stressful relationship and poor eating habits and sleep disruptions being a result. (This is still an ongoing personal issue, still...)

:lol: "Made sure to keep [the weights] in the divorce."

I :heart: your strategy! You've got this!!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in?
  • H2596
    Options
    @fourathomej
    I haven’t organised the challenge but I’m pretty sure more the merrier. Welcome.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Is it too late to join in?

WELCOME @fourathomej ! Please introduce yourself, and hop on in!! :grin:
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I'm Janice, 51 yrs old, married with 4 kids. 22,21,18 and 14. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I work for Hallmark Canada.
    I have losing and gaining the same 15 lbs for a couple years now. I'm so done. My main problem is sticking to anything. So I'm going to get this done...

Still going through my fitness guides, trying to decide on 1...maybe 2 to combine. Upping my steps and my water for starters.
  • H2596
    Options
    @fourathomej
    I’m so done too. I’d lost 14 lb in the months leading up to the pandemic and seemed to be in the zone as it were. I have put half back on in just a few weeks.

Good luck, sounds like we all know what to do but putting it into practice consistently is a struggle. 😫
  • Steph_135
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @fourathomej Janice, the struggle is all too familiar!

I hope you find this to be a supportive group to help you reach your goals. One of the main reasons I came back to MFP was because, during my time away, I had zero progress.

We're all on a similar path, and we're all going to cross the finish line this time (maybe for the first time), and move into maintenance territory!! 💪