Weekly Challenge!

Options
Steph_135
Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
Here's a challenge for the week of May 18th:

Try out 1 new fruit or vegetable this week.

Share your experience and a recipe, if you have one!

Replies

• Steph_135
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I've always been pretty adventurous with food, but still find that there are so many things I haven't tried yet!!

Some of my newfound favorites are: fennel root, celery root, chayote, dragonfruit, and bitter melon.

This week, I'd like to try a jicama.

I forgot! I'm also making fiddleheads for the first time tonight!
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I’ve never heard of some of those mentioned. A good job google is my friend! 🤣

I don’t think I’ll be managing anything new this week as the “big shop” has already been done and with lockdown I’m avoiding the shops as much as possible.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I tried the fiddleheads. My friend said they tasted "kind of fishy". Online recipes described them as "grassy" tasting. I didn't really like them. You're supposed to boil/steam them first, before you cook them, but then they turned out too mushy.

I think this is the first new thing I've tried that I haven't enjoyed. I'm going to try to remember to get a jicama when I go shopping this weekend. :smile:
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I’m in the UK and it seems a few of the items mentioned aren’t readily available here but next time I’m in the “world aisle” I’ll try something new!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    @H2596 I spent some time recently talking about nutrition with someone from the UK, and found that there were several food items that she called something else entirely! It made for a fun discussion. :lol:

Happy hunting for something new to try!
  • Steph_135
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Week of May 25th:

This challenege is a little late in coming... :sweat_smile:

Take some time over the rest of the week and assess how things are going so far.

Set aside some time this week to reflect and listen to your inner wisdom.

• Have you staying the course?
    • Are you sticking to your plan? Do you have a plan?
    • Is there something going on that could be an issue down the road, but you're ignoring it?
    • Do you have visual reminders of your ultimate goal, or do you do any visualization about reaching your goal?
    • Do you have a long-range plan for maintenance?

Answer these questions, or let them inspire you to reflect on whatever you want.

You don't have to share your reflection, but you can if you like. :wink:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I haven't been able to keep up with this thread.

If anyone has an idea for a fun challenge, please post it here.