June 30 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    June 30 - pass day

So my daughter, her husband, my grandkids 4 1/2 and 22 month old all have COVID. 4 1/2 yr old grandson had heart surgery as infant due to heart defect. They fixed the defect that he couldn’t live with but he needs another surgery when he stops growing. They don’t think he’s at a higher risk but not a lot of data on it. I want to fly to Texas but won’t because the last thing they need is to be worried about me. I have been missing them so much (having lived there a year after his heart surgery and then again for a year when the youngest born - i have never gone more than 4 weeks without seeing them and every time I fly down my grandson would fly back with me and stay for a few weeks) and now this ... I’m trying not to make it about me buts it’s hard. Anyway, I am so thankful for FaceTime. They are all experiencing somewhere in the middle of mild to moderate symptoms so that’s good. I figure my wallowing (sitting on the couch clutching my phone all day) isn’t going to help them, me or anyone else so I’m going to get back on track today.

That sounds soo tough ... when being pragmatic is what you HAVE to do for eveyone's sake, yet it seems to fly in the face of everything you WANT to do. And 'not-normal" has been the norm for such an extended period of time now (I remember you mentioning the early-days when FaceTime communication was new to both you and grandchild)

Know that we are all sending you virtual support, and hopes for full recovery for them.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    June 29
    Yes X 3

June 30
    Yes X 3
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,664 Member
    Options
    6/30
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
    Congratulations everyone on the winners circle 🤗🎉💞
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 - thank you.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My bad- got side tracked with life and didn’t check in! Congrats to all those that made it to the winners circle.
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    June 30
    Exercised?: Yes - 20 Minute walk
    Calories?: Yes. 1,395
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for this challenge and @RangerRickL for all his hard work.

I lost a total of 2.1 kilos this month and i know it is because of this challenge. Thank you so much and i cant wait to start on the July UAC :)
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a shut down on keeping up with posting there at the end of last month...but I am so grateful for the group...and am hoping to be back full strength now.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    June 30 - pass day

So my daughter, her husband, my grandkids 4 1/2 and 22 month old all have COVID. 4 1/2 yr old grandson had heart surgery as infant due to heart defect. They fixed the defect that he couldn’t live with but he needs another surgery when he stops growing. They don’t think he’s at a higher risk but not a lot of data on it. I want to fly to Texas but won’t because the last thing they need is to be worried about me. I have been missing them so much (having lived there a year after his heart surgery and then again for a year when the youngest born - i have never gone more than 4 weeks without seeing them and every time I fly down my grandson would fly back with me and stay for a few weeks) and now this ... I’m trying not to make it about me buts it’s hard. Anyway, I am so thankful for FaceTime. They are all experiencing somewhere in the middle of mild to moderate symptoms so that’s good. I figure my wallowing (sitting on the couch clutching my phone all day) isn’t going to help them, me or anyone else so I’m going to get back on track today.

@readyornot1234
    It’s good to let your emotions out. And also good to, as you say, recognize that being as healthy as we can be is what will help the most. This will end. You will hug them again. You will be so proud to have the energy & health to do active things with your grandchildren.

Make a list of things you love:
    Particular songs 80’s are fun!!
    🦋 butterflies Or pandas 🐼
    Sunsets or the 🏖
    Reading beach books or dense classic literature

... whatever you love

And when it gets to much..do them.

Note that the feelings expand & contract. Use your list when they expand to “weather” them!!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - thank you. They seem to be doing okay. They’re tired but mild so far. It’s hard not to be there though
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    6/28,29,30
    Yes 3x
    I couldn't log in to post during those times
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    WMEJA wrote: »
    6/28,29,30
    Yes 3x
    I couldn't log in to post during those times

lots of people were reporting tech difficulties around that time.