June 12 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @oldDogBiking Gorgeous photo of your mountain and sky. Can't beat nature. Love that runner's plan to run the distance of his age every year.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Have never had a dog, I love cats and we have Sanza my sons cat residing with us at the moment, she follows me to the gate then rolls over...
    Exercise yes 10 min quigong, 20 min leslie sansone, 2 x 20 min walk, 240 min cleaning
    Tracking yes calories yes
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    June 12
    Colon prep drive prepped for surgery- delayed 4 hours - post op - drive home
    Dr’s orders no exercise today

I did however somehow get 3,353 steps, likely walking to bathroom 50,000,000 times LOL

So
    YESx3
    💚

Well done! Is there a smiley that says 'smiling with you about the humour of an essentially not funny situation '?
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    day 12
    exercise yes
    tracking yes
    budget yes
    Got some good climb.
    My daily climb average is where I like it to be. So that much is on track.
    Going up my scrabbly road, I talked to a runner guy.
    I drove by him on the road as I went up to where I park.
    He ran past when I was getting my bike off of the roof.
    I rode a bit harder than usual to see if I could catch up to him.
    Caught up to him kind of by the cave.
    Talked a little bit.
    I asked him where he started from.
    He said by the river.
    So he had some miles on him by the time I got to him.
    He was telling me that he just had his 29th birthday and that it was his goal to run the distance corresponding to his age every year.
    I said "man-o-man!"
    He was going to run to the top of the mountain so he would have upwards of 5000 of climb in that run.
    After we chatted he upped his pace.
    I couldn't match it. Didn't see him again.
    It occurred to me that he slowed down that I could catch up to him and he could tell someone of his day's running ambition.
    Other than that I pretty much had the place to myself.
    I like that solitude.
    I ain't totally averse to people though.

k68cv66yzthw.jpg

I love your bike ride stories! Some of them read like poetry!
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    June 12

Exercise: Yes, 50 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

My favorite exercise is walking too, but alone. I am afraid of dogs and cats 😕 . My kids beg me to have a cat but I can't overcome my fear.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I see I am not the only one to take a Pass Day on the 12th.

I have been hungrier than normal, so I knew a planned Pass Day was coming. However, after not sleeping the night before, my unplanned planned Pass Day was today. It was supposed to be an "under control" Pass Day, but sadly it was not. Hopefully that's out of my system for a while!!

Logged? To a point and then I stopped....that's where the wheels fell off!!
    Under? Um...no, not at all!
    Exercise? Yes, I did go out for a 49 minute walk. (This was before the wheels fell off!)

Pass Day #1
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes I ran 6 miles in 66 minutes.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I've been getting in a lot of running, but I haven't really been doing any strength training for months now since gym closed because of covid. But I have weights here at home so that shouldn't be an excuse. Need at least some of my 20 minutes of activity today be using my dumbbells!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,987 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes

And my dog is a big part of my life. Right now she is recovering from a major surgery on her back leg and more or less relearning how to walk again. We are with her 24/7 in a confined space as she is not allowed to move much unless on a therapy walk. Before quarantine and her injury, she would go into the office with me daily. The surgeon was amazed she was ten years old given she looked much younger. I really think keeping her just as healthy as we keep ourselves makes a difference. We make sure she eats healthy, maintains a healthy weight and gets daily exercise. My black lab before her lived to be 18 years old and walked every day even as a senior dog. I really believe in the wonders of walking.