June 11 Sign In

Options

Replies

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,989 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes
    My normal walking plus I am finally working on incorporating weight bearing exercises into my routine. I keep reading how important it is and yet it such a struggle for me.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    June 11
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
    My experience has been plans or hopes without actions to achieve them equals failure. Totally agree with Rick. The sooner we get this the more successful and happy we will be.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes. Yesterday was a good day.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    June 11:
    Exercise: yes, walking and disinfecting the public areas of my workplace for many hours. I count about half.
    Calorie budget: way under
    Tracked: yes

Pass days 2/3
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Yes, yes, yes
    My normal walking plus I am finally working on incorporating weight bearing exercises into my routine. I keep reading how important it is and yet it such a struggle for me.

What weight-bearing exercises? This is always a HUGE mental roadblock for me too. And given age plus no longer having the "cardio burn to deal with excess poundage" excuse card to play any more ...... maybe we can encourage / goad each other?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 minutes(255 cals) on basement bike plus evening walk with DH (I don't log those separately as they a caught in the fitbit step-count / maybe-maybe not fitbit burn-credit)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (because of bike)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes but that leads to my dilemma statement below.

Days goals met: 9
    Pass days used: 2 (both unintentional)

Having unintentional pass days are relatively rare now and have been for a loong time, and back-to-back practically unknown. I have been at this long enough to have a strong "Life Happens. Reboot the next meal" mental-subroutine .... at least I THOUGHT I did .... that seems to be under strain at the moment ... any semi-comparable insights and suggestions welcome.

Details:
    Lately, as in this current calendar month, I have been finding that I am just plain not-really hungry at breakfast time, yet if I don't have the usual protein-rich breakfast (and often small but protein-rich lunch of greek yoghurt with fruit) then the wannna-graze nibbles set in later in the day. Hence the "affair of the molecularity unstable fresh raisin bread" that makes up my pair of back-to-back unintentional pass days this month.

I MOSTLY have plain air-popped popcorn as a default go-to for a sense of bulk in an evening snack (have for years, that's the way I prefer my popcorn now!) Other things incorporated too - but they are more in the treat-myself category (relatively higher calories / less filling-satisfying if the "main eve snack entry")

I reached Goal ~April 1 - have been mentally in "Stabilization Stage" of life-journey, (Increased from "weight-loss intake range" to "maintenance intake range" slowly and systematically over ~ a six week period) and have settled well into more than a month of BOTH drifting within a one-pound range most days AND now consistently eating at the MP-recommended maintenance calorie range plus eat most exercise calories. And DH and I do more evening walks on top of that now

I have also just within the past two weeks or so greatly increased my exercise-calories burned per minute ratio by opting for the bike in the basement rather than the walking briskly Wii-based exergame that has been my default cardio for years. Mostly due to time-considerations while doing sufficient exercise to burn the higher maintenance calorie intake.

I can't COUNT on doing the evening walk - and working from home means little in the way of NEATs throughout the "work day". Working from home won't be changing any time soon

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 Maybe I am being too simplistic, but it looks to me like you are in a transition period. They always take time, I know from experience as I have been through them several times. Probably am in a transition phase now. All you can do is experiment until you find a balance. If you are not hungry at breakfast, just have a coffee or tea, plan a yoghurt and fruit brunch for later on in the morning, with or without a few spoonfuls of muesli (my 'breakfast'). You are lucky (or actually, no, you have worked hard to get there) that you don't have to lose any more weight, which gives you a lot more options. Also, working from home means that you can adapt your schedule. Even in Canada summer will arrive eventually, so that gives you more options for exercise. Essential as you are working from home, which usually means staring at a pale blue screen. Open up your diary to friends and we might be able to make helpful suggestions.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,118 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES, I ran 2 miles in 21:13.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    @BMcC9 Maybe I am being too simplistic, but it looks to me like you are in a transition period. They always take time, I know from experience as I have been through them several times. Probably am in a transition phase now. All you can do is experiment until you find a balance. If you are not hungry at breakfast, just have a coffee or tea, plan a yoghurt and fruit brunch for later on in the morning, with or without a few spoonfuls of muesli (my 'breakfast'). You are lucky (or actually, no, you have worked hard to get there) that you don't have to lose any more weight, which gives you a lot more options. Also, working from home means that you can adapt your schedule. Even in Canada summer will arrive eventually, so that gives you more options for exercise. Essential as you are working from home, which usually means staring at a pale blue screen. Open up your diary to friends and we might be able to make helpful suggestions.

@Chinkiri your reply was not TRULY over-simplistic ... this IS more of a "mental game" transition point situation for me.

Summer has arrived here ... (not being in Northern Ontario, no June snow expected ... not kidding either, it was a Weather Network provincial-overview item the other day ... ) however given personal health considerations (therefore exposure risk factors not everyone would have to consider) exercise options will remain either home-based or 'outdoor within on-foot able-to-walk back home' radius. I don't have a working 'outdoor bike' and even if I did, DH would also have to have one, which he does not. I DO have nice walks in the neighborhood. And being a distant suburb means more room to get out of the way than a downtown city-scape makes possible.

And I DO need to take the time to expand my repertoire of available "prepared (at home) and pre-portioned in advance" breakfast and lunch options, now that I have "more calorie room to maneuver" so to speak. And a small chest freezer I could put them in (only ever had the freezer on top of the fridge until now)

I will go open my diary (or see if it is currently "opened but passworded" )
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Your diary is open! Looks good @BMcC9! I have Canadian cousins who I am in regular touch with. One of them is a pastor in Thunder Bay and I get the impression that my life here in southern France is pretty cushy on the whole, compared to theirs. I am about to make a huge batch of salsa right now! My silly stupid freezer compartment is about full now, so I will have to start eating some of this stuff. Would love to make my own bread but I think I would eat it all in record time. Keep in touch! Taking my bike to be mended, terrified actually using it!
  • asmism
    asmism Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    pears734 wrote: »
    Exercise? No, I had a full schedule :/
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

This is pass day 3. I have used up all my passes, but I’m still happy that I’m back with UAC. I’ve been much more mindful of my health this month.

Great positivity! I have to say I'm certainly feeling more mindful since starting this challenge as well.

Your post also brings to mind a question that I have: you can use 3 pass days and still be in the challenge, as long as you don't need to pass a 3rh time, yes?
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Exercised 20 minutes? Yes, 105 minutes gardening
    Within calorie budget? Yes
    Logged all food and drink? Yes
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @pears734 - yes. It is the 4th pass day that knocks you out.

@BMcC9 and @Chinkiri - I seem to be in a transition phase too but can’t get a handle on it. Some days I’m hungry and eat my exercise calories and some days I have a hard time making my 1600 because I’m not hungry at all. I agree, it is frustrating.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    asmism wrote: »

Your post also brings to mind a question that I have: you can use 3 pass days and still be in the challenge, as long as you don't need to pass a 3rh time, yes?

Actually, you are NEVER "out of the challenge" ... as the TRUE challenge is to make embedding the "goal rules" as habits no matter what Life may throw you in any given month.

The only thing that happens if you need / use a 4th pass-day is that your name won't be on the Winners Circle list. Not even @RangerRickL is there EVERY month without fail!

I always encourage anyone who uses the 4th to keep on keeping on as if still in the running, and just consider the rest of the month "training camp" for the following month - where everyone is rebooted to a new set of "3 available passes on [Month] 1st"
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to post for this day! Oops yesx3
  • shellywesley
    shellywesley Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @pears734 - yes, @BMcC9 is correct, with 4 you won’t be in the winner’s circle but are still in the challenge. I’ve been doing this for 6 months now and although I have not made the winner’s circle, I am forming wonderful life long habits and feel better with each passing month. So even with 4 or more passes, we all keep going. For me, if I have 5 pass days, staying in keeps me from maybe having 6, 7, 8 .....
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @asmism Of course you can!! BTW: I love your positive attitude!
    To qualify for the Winner's Circle, you must end the month with less than 4 Pass days. Frankly, I qualify about 50% of the months.
    On the other hand, for those months in which I am over the 3 Pass Days, I continue to log and stick with the healthy habits.
    I don't want to get kicked off my own team and no one else does either. If you go over 3 Pass days, please stick with your goals and stick with us!
    Your new friend,
    Rick