June 3 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    @Dory_42 Well done! Your housemates and friends don't always 'get it', do they? My partner often turns up with a bottle of wine, even though I have tried to make it clear that I am not drinking alcohol for a while. Ditto cakes, which I rarely eat.
    My housemate does understand the need to have a healthy life as she is a personal trainer, but we share a love of sweet things and are often a temptation for each other. We train hard though so occasional treats are fine. We have also agreed that home is a no judging zone, if she wants to binge out on junk food for a whole week, that's her choice. I need to be disciplined enough to refuse treats if they don't fit into my day, and her offering them to me helps me grow my self-discipline (which is like a muscle and needs exercise to stay strong.)
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Exercise was 35 minutes of mowing lawn and 10 minutes of Bootie Blast!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @oldDogBiking I"m hoping for you not seeing or feeling a mountain lion.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Yes, x's 3, and hoping for more peace... for all
  • freezinpeach
    freezinpeach Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Nice long walk with the dog.
    Calories:Yes
    Track: yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Great post @RangerRickL

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, about six hours disinfecting the public areas of my workplace due to the virus, plus walking

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? way under

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes. Had another Starbucks Frappuccino today, don't want to make it a daily habit because I'm a sugar fiend. Maybe writing it down here will stop me tomorrow.

Is there a smaller size? A kid size?
    Drink 3/4?
    Then 1/2 the next day!
    Or sip it slowly with water & stop the moment you are ok? Tuck a scale in your bag. Weigh drink before & after.

Ask yourself what is it about the Frappuccino that is drawing you to it? Optimize for that!!

https://stories.starbucks.com/press/2017/5-ways-to-shave-calories-off-your-starbucks-frappuccino/

https://www.starbucks.com/menu/product/424/iced?parent=/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/coffee-frappuccino

@MadisonMolly2017 Nope, no kid size. They make a smaller size, but I buy them at work, and there's only one size. It's a strong coffee drink and not for kids anyway. There's no way I would add water to a drink like that -- there would be no point in buying it.

And no, saving 1/2 for the next day doesn't work for me. I'm okay with one a month. Any more than that and it pushes my sugar fiend button. I just have to stop buying them, plus plan a substitute, like taking my own black coffee.

They say there are two kinds of people, abstainers and moderators. I'm an abstainer. If I don't buy things like the frappuccino then I don't miss them. A moderator would feel deprived.

I wasn’t suggesting watering it down! I sometimes will sip water from another glass while drinking a treat drink.

Sounds like you have a great plan!

And I think there’s a third type... one who abstains from some & moderates with other food items! !
  • asmism
    asmism Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    nodm wrote: »
    Today I was reminded after my exercise program that this is a marathon and not a sprint.
    Keep it comfortable at all levels.
    I'm so happy you mentioned this!

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @asmism and @nodm
    The UAC is all about the long term life journey, not the daily ups, downs and oopsies.
    Rick
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    yes x3
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options