Hey! im new here and ready to get back in shape!!!

Gettinfit242
Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
Hi All! Im new to MFP, second day. I was doing P90x for 8 weeks and MAN did I start seeing results.. but i will say it wasnt easy staying motivated at first. it seemed like no weight was coming off and that i was just at a standstill..and of course I couldnt do things to the extent of the folks in the videos, but i did what i could, I did it the best I could and i made sure i FELT IT!.by week 5 i could actually do REAL push ups instead of the girly ones!!! and YES this also went with eating healthy, no junk, smaller portions, all of that... well once i hit week 6 the weight seemed to drop off like CRAZY! i was doing GREAT. I lost 13 pounds and for the first time since basic training in 98, i could actually see deffinition!! it was so exciting, im in the smallest size ive been in probably 12 years!!!

And then I got a job in a new city and moved, and with the whole moving process, well i just didnt have the time or energy, BUT im now settled in and ready go get back on track! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !!! i know how challenging it can be to stick to it. Oh and on top of dieting and working out, ive thrown in "quitting smoking" too.. day 4! :) we can do this!!!

FLABBY BUTT B GONE!

Replies

• michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    That's awesome about your progress so far!

Also, extra motivation for quitting smoking is the ability to exercise better and breathe better. Everything becomes so much easier. I was a smoker for about 4 years and quit this past January (8 months woohoo!) and after a few months, noticed a definite change in not only just feeling better, but things smell better, food is more flavourful, I can actually do cardio, etc. So amazing. You owe it to your body with all the great progress you're making to make it even healthier by quitting. :)

Hope that helps - you can do it!