Freshman year!!

Options
ellebrosseau
ellebrosseau Posts: 103 Member
IN TEN DAYS, I WILL BE A COLLEGE FRESHMAN.
I'm terrified.
What do I need to know?

Replies

• Aurora1525
    Aurora1525 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Your college years are the best years of your life! Socially, everyone is more mature (with of course some exceptions). Academically, make sure you've picked a good major that will ensure a job when you graduate. If you start to dislike what you're studying, don't be embarrassed or feel like a quitter -- change your area of study if you need to. Socially, make the most of the clubs at your school. You'll find a lot of friends and support there, plus it looks great on a resume, regardless of whether you take a leadership position. ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!!
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say college years were the best years of my life. Having a job and buying what I want is pretty awesome. Even bills. Anyway, what I wish I would have known was: pick a major/career right away. I, like many MANY others, picked a major that had no set career (English) and could not find a job in what I wanted. Unless you're one of those people who wants to emply yourself. I had a friend who got her degree in Journalism and now runs her own social networking business/blog. Anyway, look into internships, jobs, anything that will give you experience. Work study jobs are a great source for money and experience. My point is, have a plan.

Other than that, enjoy yourself! After college no one expects you to party like a rockstar or stay up until 3 am to finish your work.