Avacado high carbs??

Options
missfelicia6
missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
Can someone please help me, I am tracking my food but it seems I cannot eat anything before or after an avacado because they are too high in carbs. So technically, I am going over 20 carbs per day because of my daily avacado. Please offer suggestions!

Replies

• missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That was amazing advice! Thank you!
  • sunshinedaydream21
    sunshinedaydream21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The Carb Manager app is great for this - it gives you the net carbs. Very helpful.
  • vivmiller08
    vivmiller08 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I find that depending on which avocado 'brand' I buy MFP logs the carbs differently. Being in UK, I always use Tesco or Lidl no matter if I buy from another shop as the calculations show correct carbs :-)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I eat 3 or 4 avocados a week. I count the net carbs.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

Yes, same here. I eat a half of an avocado at lunch in a salad - Monday through Friday. :)
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @ccrdragon ! OMG what a game changer! Just tweaked the sugar and fiber! Thx!!!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    2t9nty wrote: »

Yes, same here. I eat a half of an avocado at lunch in a salad - Monday through Friday. :)

For a reason I can't explain really I like to scoop them out of the shell with a spoon. I AM very fond of them.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @ccrdragon ! OMG what a game changer! Just tweaked the sugar and fiber! Thx!!!

If you want a game changer, sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning on top of an avocado. Its amazing!