JUMP IN June 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Alexbuzzcut
    Alexbuzzcut Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First, thanks for letting me join, which also explains why I’m starting on the 4th. Glad I joined at the start of the month!!

I’m a 100% carnivore. When I only eat red meat, I feel way great, all my gastric issues disappear which means I can go for long walks. However, I suck at it. I screw up by going off plan every 3-4 days then feel horrible till I get back on, sigh.

So, since this is so hard, I’m hoping it’s okay to jump in for a week at a time. A week, though hard, seems doable whereas a month sounds overwhelming. Hopefully I can get to the month by jumping from week to week.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    6/4:
    Steps -> 3500 (getting there slowly)
    Food -> calories on point, carbs were a little high but still below 80 net (we had Cheddar's takeout for my daughter's b-day)
    Movement -> got up from the desk every hour during work
    Exercise -> got caught up in solving a customer issue during the day so only got 25 squats in.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    First, thanks for letting me join, which also explains why I’m starting on the 4th. Glad I joined at the start of the month!!

I’m a 100% carnivore. When I only eat red meat, I feel way great, all my gastric issues disappear which means I can go for long walks. However, I suck at it. I screw up by going off plan every 3-4 days then feel horrible till I get back on, sigh.

So, since this is so hard, I’m hoping it’s okay to jump in for a week at a time. A week, though hard, seems doable whereas a month sounds overwhelming. Hopefully I can get to the month by jumping from week to week.

Welcome!!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    6/4:
    on-plan: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1: Leslie Sansone vids totaling 5 miles (1:20). 11.5k steps for the day

My family...ugh. But at least I stayed on-plan despite the mental stress.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    6/4:
    Back on plan for me but water intake wasn’t great. Had around 60 oz plus two coffees and a diet soda. So, hydrated but it could have been better.

6/5: I’m over a bit on calories but it is manageable- stayed carnivore but snacked on a small amount of nuts. AND, it’s national donut day but I steered clear of that weakness! I’m still working on the water and should be able to down about 80 ounces by evening end.
  • baconslave
    Options
    6/5:
    Exercise: :+1: Another "Sydney Cummings kicks my butt" strength session. 1 hr
  • defygravitywithshae
    defygravitywithshae Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I am new to MFP and to low carb...I honestly don't know where to start or where it is best to start with my macros. Any pointers would be appreciated. I have read a ton on the launch pad and am overwhelmed!!

I just wanted to introduce myself ☺️

I'm Shannon, 31 years old! I work full time in an emergency department as a tech and nurse intern. I'm also in nursing school full time and will graduate this December.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have two cats. One of them is undergoing chemo and he keeps us very busy with twice a week vet appointments.

I've always been overweight since my teens and have actively tried to lose weight since I was 16!! I've never been successful as I just don't stick with it. Millions of fad diets later and I've ruined my gut health and probably my metabolism.

I'm still determined to live my best life and to me that means getting off the sidelines of my own life. I want to be able to travel the world and be active with my husband. Whether that is biking, backpacking or walking on a beach.

Right now it's difficult to go up a flight of stairs or even tie my shoes sometimes. That is not how I want to live.

I'm a store positive person and thrive off of motivational texts and messages from others as we conquer this next challenge!!

Let's go!

June Goals:
    1. Log Everything in MFP!
    2. Figure out macros for the month and stick to them!
    3. Water, water, water! 100 oz minimum!
    4. Gym, minimum of 2x per week.
    5. Check in at least weekly!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hi all!! I am new to MFP and to low carb...I honestly don't know where to start or where it is best to start with my macros. Any pointers would be appreciated. I have read a ton on the launch pad and am overwhelmed!!

I just wanted to introduce myself ☺️

I'm Shannon, 31 years old! I work full time in an emergency department as a tech and nurse intern. I'm also in nursing school full time and will graduate this December.

I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have two cats. One of them is undergoing chemo and he keeps us very busy with twice a week vet appointments.

I've always been overweight since my teens and have actively tried to lose weight since I was 16!! I've never been successful as I just don't stick with it. Millions of fad diets later and I've ruined my gut health and probably my metabolism.

I'm still determined to live my best life and to me that means getting off the sidelines of my own life. I want to be able to travel the world and be active with my husband. Whether that is biking, backpacking or walking on a beach.

Right now it's difficult to go up a flight of stairs or even tie my shoes sometimes. That is not how I want to live.

I'm a store positive person and thrive off of motivational texts and messages from others as we conquer this next challenge!!

Let's go!

June Goals:
    1. Log Everything in MFP!
    2. Figure out macros for the month and stick to them!
    3. Water, water, water! 100 oz minimum!
    4. Gym, minimum of 2x per week.
    5. Check in at least weekly!

Welcome!
    For keto my #1 rec is to check out Reddit's r/keto FAQ since not only is it thorough but they have it indexed so you can jump to specific topics of interest: https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

We also have a resource/info library called the Launch Pad here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
    Within that we have links to Open Threads that tackle common questions and concerns for low-carb, a recipe site list, videos and articles about low-carb. Lots of stuff.
  • baconslave
    Options
    One day at a time; one step at a time. Suddenly you'll look up 6 months later and see how far you've come.

6/6:
    exercise: :+1: A nice long "it's def summer" sweaty yard-hike
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Last week. ktoc0jx2xaxy.png. Overhead press is killing me. Steady progress on all others. Step count not doing all that great. My lilac scented back deck in the sun isn’t doing much to motivate me.
  • emt4jesus
    emt4jesus Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    6/7:

Down almost three pounds. Glucose avg. is 110. I'm close on the step goal but the vertigo is still an issue. Start back at the gym this week. Things going real close to plan. Having difficulty with a lack of appetite for the first time since bariatric surgery.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    6/5 - 6/8:
    did good this weekend, stayed on point for diet and carbs, got good exercise (including almost 10k steps yesterday with yard work and running around).

My daughter has requested that I get our bikes road ready, so I started that process yesterday. We should be riding later this week. We will have to do morning rides since summer has settled in with high temps this week in the mid to upper 90's, but it will be fun to get back on the bikes.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Off to a great start! 131km on the bike plus 108,000 steps. Pushing myself to stay in motion and have been sticking with usual meals that I enjoy, fit my macros, and I don’t have to spend much time scouring Pinterest looking for ideas (too much temptation out there lately!). I am also weighing every morning and logging that with Happy Scale, trying to keep it simply a data point and not a reason for anxiety or obsessing. Life seems so much easier with beautiful weather :)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    6/6-6/7:
    Ah summer weekends are killing me! I was outside both days quite a bit but wasn’t as active as a normal day. My choices weren’t good starting with drinks and ending with ice cream but I enjoyed the quiet time with hubs so I guess it was worth it! I did get plenty of water both days being in the heat. Back to plan today.
  • baconslave
    Options
    6/7:
    Another yard-hike. 11k steps for the day.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    6/6,7 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔✔
    2. Eat low carb ✔✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends✔✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔✔
    5. Stress Less...✔✔
    qq7wirjagxe2.png
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    6/8:
    Steps - 4200 steps
    Movement - moved every hour while working
    Exercise - no deliberate exercise for the day, will have to change that today
    Food - calories good, net carbs less than 50 for the day
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    6/8 Check in:

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times) ✔
    2. Eat low carb ✔
    3. Limit drinks to weekends✔
    4. Close all 3 rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily ✔
    5. Stress Less...✔

Swam about 20 min after work. Felt great. I have to do this more!