Hogwarts Great Hall

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
hello, everyone!

i just wanted to make a place where we can all check in on each other and hang out without having to give up our house common room passwords!

is anyone interested in setting up some challenges over the course of the summer? i think it would be a lot of fun to give my workouts a harry potter spin - triwizard tournament training, maybe? quidditch practice? battling dark wizards? soooo much potential!

i hope everyone is having a great first week, and i hope to get to know all of my fellow 'classmates' in the weeks to come!

Replies

• MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    @chanstriste13 yes!
    I was actually thinking last night about a qudditch game and how we could make it in to a game here hah.

I was thinking a bit about how we could use our houses as our teams and:
    For every workout that a house mate logs= 10 pts
    For every workout logged of at least 20 mins =50 pts
    For every workout logged over 20 mins= 10 pts per extra 10= 30 minutes= 60 pts etc
    The person who earns the most points will become the teams seeker aiming for the snitch
    When someone doesn't get points we consider the fact they may have been hit by a buldger and may be visiting the infirmary
    At the end of a week the house with the most points wins that weeks game

Obviously open to ideas- the things I think of when I can't sleep :D
  • MeganD1704
    Options
    Just adding that if people like that idea I am happy to set up a discussion for it :)
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    hey, everyone! is anyone interested in reading through the series again? i haven't read it through in a while, and this group has me wanting to pick it up again. we could set parameters for reading, or all just start it up again at our own pace. any takers?
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind having a reread - I'm currently in the middle of a book that is the first one in a series though (six of crows) only one of two but I'll probably read her other series after. I might just be a bit slow to join.

Love the idea of random games
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    "hey, everyone! is anyone interested in reading through the series again? i haven't read it through in a while, and this group has me wanting to pick it up again. we could set parameters for reading, or all just start it up again at our own pace. any takers? "

I have just started...finished the first book last night. Willing to do it as a group if there are others who are interested.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    hey, everyone! is anyone interested in reading through the series again? i haven't read it through in a while, and this group has me wanting to pick it up again. we could set parameters for reading, or all just start it up again at our own pace. any takers?

Has anybody else been watching/listening to the reading of the first book over on wizardingworld.com? That's been fun. :) Just finished reading the first book a couple of weeks ago. I'm debating getting on the waiting list at the library for the 2nd book, Kindle edition, but there are 53 people waiting for it ahead of me. On the other hand, I could probably borrow the book from my daughter just as easily so I will likely do that instead.

Happy reading y'all!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    i LOVE that there are 53 people on the waiting list for a harry potter book! legends never die!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    rstanford3 wrote: »
    "

I have just started...finished the first book last night. Willing to do it as a group if there are others who are interested.

i'm soooo jealous that you are going through the journey for the first time around - sometimes i wish i could pull the story out of my head and read it again like i never have before.

so what do you think? do you like it?

• rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    rstanford3 wrote: »
    "

i'm soooo jealous that you are going through the journey for the first time around - sometimes i wish i could pull the story out of my head and read it again like i never have before.

so what do you think? do you like it?

Sorry. I just started rereading the series. I do it every year! ;)
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Our drive in theater played Sorcerer's Stone this weekend. It was packed! My Little Sister and I had a great time.
  • MeganD1704
    Options
    I am in for re reading ! I love love the series. My brother got me a customized house set of books last year for Christmas :) I am a speed reader though, I can put away the first book in a night haha.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    I am a speed reader though, I can put away the first book in a night haha.

same here! i absolutely tear through them.

• chanstriste13
    Options
    well, why don't we all just start. and maybe as we're reading, we can post any favorite forgotten moments here, and see if we pick up anything we can use as motivation/inspiration for our fitness goals.

maybe we could all try to post at least one harry potter inspired inspiration per week? more if you want, of course.

what say you? i think i'll start reading today!
  • MeganD1704
    Options
    well, why don't we all just start. and maybe as we're reading, we can post any favorite forgotten moments here, and see if we pick up anything we can use as motivation/inspiration for our fitness goals.

maybe we could all try to post at least one harry potter inspired inspiration per week? more if you want, of course.

what say you? i think i'll start reading today!

I am in! Ill start reading tonight- perfect timing as Hubby is going back on nights and I've recommitted to my 5:00AM workout slot so I have time to read at night.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    porterca wrote: »
    Our drive in theater played Sorcerer's Stone this weekend. It was packed! My Little Sister and I had a great time.

i would LOVE to see all the movies at a drive in! how cool!
  • MeganD1704
    Options
    @porterca that is so neat! I wish we had something like that here. I'd wear robes and all to attend lol!
  • porterca
    Options
    I'm hoping they play one each week so we can see them all together.
  • MeganD1704
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week?
  • porterca
    Options
    I'm totally ecstatic!!!! My theater is playing Chamber of Secrets this week! I plan on going Thurs.
  • MeganD1704
    Options
    porterca wrote: »
    I'm totally ecstatic!!!! My theater is playing Chamber of Secrets this week! I plan on going Thurs.

ooo thats awesome! ours still arent open here. Have been thinking of having a movie marathon at home though :) i am on a stay cation and its supposed to rain a lot.