New; what is TDEE

kblevins134
kblevins134 Posts: 1 Member
I just started working with a fitness/wellness coach. She wants me to increase my calorie intake a LOT. I have never been told to do that to lose weight. Of course, she also wants me to increase my protein. I am scared and so far don't like some of the foods she has listed. I will not use protein powder, not right now anyway. I don't plan on eating cracked wheat or bulgur. If the foods aren't something I will eat, I am worried this is just a waste of time. Any advice?

Replies

• Nadoriel
    Nadoriel Posts: 59 Member
    I agree that for a diet to be worth while it has to be tasty 🤷🏻‍♀️ I personally enjoy both the protein powder and cracked wheat (if it is what I think it is) ahah. I make mean ice creams and milk shakes out of those protein powders and it’s good for baking too 🤤 that said I probably agree that you might need to up calories. It depends on how much exercise you end up doing I guess ☺️ So yeah I agree you should calculate how much energy you spend daily. There’s plenty of calculators around and you can also use MFP one. I reckon most people underestimate how much they actually work out

Can’t you discuss the foods you like with her and work to get to a consensus? I’ll never get people that only want others to follow a specific diet, I mean everyone eats slightly different 🤦‍♀️ But trying new foods is fun at least