July 14 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @ajdvegan - when I get like that I check my protein intake, especially if I am more active and you are definitely more active. If I am not having at least 75 grams of protein spread out over the course of the day, my hunger is insatiable. I just keep eating mainly because my body is craving protein. Sometimes when I check, I'm amazed that I'm only at 35 grams or so even though I'm eating, what I think, are higher protein foods. There are some really high protein bars that you can get to have on hand during a hike or other activity. Also, I eat an hour before and right after my workouts, hikes, walks, etc. If I wait until after, I'm so hungry and I can eat everything in sight. Finally, even though I am not a fan, I try to drink water all day long. We are not good at judging when we are becoming dehydrated and oftentimes thirst presents as hunger. It has taken me some time, trial and error, to figure out what works best for me (and even then duration, temperature, all the variables, change it up) so don't give up. You will get there.
  • readyornot1234
    Options
    @juliemouse83 - I hope your feeling better this morning. I'm glad you're getting a break from the chaos at work albeit due to not feeling well. Rest up and take care.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Bit late but yes x3

Exercise was a 20ish minute run (planned half an hour but walked about 10 minutes of it) and a 20 minute yoga video
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Yes 3x
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    July 5 - 14: Pass days #2-11

I needed a break from the internet! Went to visit my dad at the lake house in the country, where there has never been any phone service. To my surprise, there's now a cell tower a half mile from the house, and the data service is better than I have at home in the suburbs! But I was mentally prepared to unplug for the time I was there, so that's what I did. I got to spend some quality time with my dad and some old friends, was very active, and had a great time.

The general gist of these 10 days was:
    Exercise - yes! Lots of swimming, kayaking, running, heavy duty cleaning, moving big stuff, and repairing/rebuilding parts of the house/dock/boat.
    Tracked - no. Intentionally unplugged, used the time to relax the rules for myself.
    Calories - probably, but only because I was so active every day. In addition to healthy meals, I ate my fair share of cookies, cheese crackers, and ice cream. Not sustainable.

It was a nice vacation. Now I'm back home, back to working on my fitness goals, and back to the UAC.

This sounds awesome! Definitely good to have a break at times and allow yourself some leeway while still keeping most of your choices healthy.
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @ajdvegan - when I get like that I check my protein intake, especially if I am more active and you are definitely more active. If I am not having at least 75 grams of protein spread out over the course of the day, my hunger is insatiable. I just keep eating mainly because my body is craving protein. Sometimes when I check, I'm amazed that I'm only at 35 grams or so even though I'm eating, what I think, are higher protein foods. There are some really high protein bars that you can get to have on hand during a hike or other activity. Also, I eat an hour before and right after my workouts, hikes, walks, etc. If I wait until after, I'm so hungry and I can eat everything in sight. Finally, even though I am not a fan, I try to drink water all day long. We are not good at judging when we are becoming dehydrated and oftentimes thirst presents as hunger. It has taken me some time, trial and error, to figure out what works best for me (and even then duration, temperature, all the variables, change it up) so don't give up. You will get there.

@readyornot1234 yes! I think you are completely right. Looking back over my diary I seem to be averaging around 35g a day! I'll start adding in a protein shake instead and see if that helps!

Thank you for pointing this out! 👏👏
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    Options
    exercise > 20 ✅ 105 walk/jog, weights
    calories < budget✅
    tracked everything

3️⃣ Pass Days left

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    Options
    Oops!!! Wrong day. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Pass day for my Birthday :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    💚
  • readyornot1234
    Options
    Pass day for my Birthday :)

Happy belated birthday!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @fairy_daisy, I am at exactly the same place in couch to 5K, week 3 day 1, and I thought it was hard too. But I'm a new runner, and old, lol. I'll probably repeat the w3, day 1, until it gets a tad easier. I have so many strange pains from starting running, I had no idea.

Yes x 3 for me, run/walk w dog