What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    Someone was asking in June about # daily steps = ~ MFP lifestyle activity level .... I just spotted this link on an early-days message board thread.

fitnessforweightloss.com/rate-your-activity-level-based-on-steps-per-day/

The link doesn't originate with MFP, but if you know from past experience / data-records what you normally end up with most days for NEATs, that's probably fairly close to the MFP current-lifestyle setting to pick. Just don't "double record" your exercise walking-program steps if your fitbit-or-equivalent is synced to MFP and so already counting these for you and throwing your daily Total Burn adjustment into your MFP exercise diary.

For example, I work at home, and the vast majority of my daily fitbit steps don't happen until / unless I make a point of walking / exergaming "after work" so I set my profile for "sedentary / now maintenance" calories. According to my fitbit TDEE - if I don't get on the exercise bike or have sufficient (deliberately intentional) steps or a combo of the two, I don't burn as much "just by general NEATs in my routine activities" as MFP allows me to eat .

someone who consistently uses their feet or their bike as "mode of daily commuting" (even if the job is relatively desk-bound once they arrive) has a higher general NEAT-without-trying lifestyle level than I do, and might put themselves as "lightly active" or "active"

(If you don't know what NEAT stands for, ask .... I have a thread pointer for that .... )

• BMcC9
    Options
    E_Val wrote: »
    I would love to go back to bed. My cardio workout kicked my booty today. I'm doing 21 day fix extreme real time. I am on day 5.

Now that you are 10 days in .... how is it going?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 I’ll join you. I’m trying to shift the last couple of lbs and I’ve stalled. I am also working on improving my stamina, strength and flexibility.
    Weekly goals:
    • 35 + mins of HIIT walk/jog > 3 days
    • 15 mins of strength training > 3 days
    • 15 mins of Yoga/Pilates/Tai Chi > 3 days
    • Stay in the green = 7 days
    • BMcC9
      Options
      I'm in too. Some of my goals will be non-MFP related (and I think this idea for "if you want to name a specific goal or two", yet not actually impacting the 3 X yes/no Pass setup of the main Challenge is a great idea!)

1. Establish a most-days routine for some time spent reviewing / practicing second-language reading comprehension.

2. (on week one) ... get Pintrest reactivated or create a brand new account - it's been YEARS .... and explore upper body workouts for seniors (ugg) / over-60 crowd that use either body weight or resistance bands or a combination. I already own those.

3. (starting week two) adjust how my 20 minutes minimum UAC component will be organized to include upper body (and maybe also rotate to include isometric and functional balance on different days of the week) exercises. Target "be able to do X by end of month" S.M.A.R.T. statement TBD

4. Make a dent in my mending pile. (I will count the # items and double-check the difficulty level of what needs to be done, and make a more S.M.A.R.T. goal statement on this shortly - like maybe get through 50% before July 31st)

What with Canada Day (July 1) HAPPENING to be a Wednesday this year, I booked off the 2nd and 3rd so as to have 5 whole days in a row with no alarm clock. So NO REASON for not doing the set-up type entries, and be settled into on-going progress by the start of the second week.
    • nodamechi
      nodamechi Posts: 8 Member
      Options
      I like the idea of setting monthly goals and reviewing the progress here!

So this month my goals are not gonna be weight related, since I tend to get anxious about it. Instead I'll try and focus on things I can actively control.

1. Meal prep/eat home at least 5 days a week.
      2. Eat within calorie limit
      3. Start training a couple of times a week
      4. Finish Fahrenheit 451

Today I weighed myself for the first time in over two weeks, I've been nervous that the diet I've been following conscientiously has not worked, but as I stepped on the scale it showed I'm down to 69.1!
      It's been a long time since I last was under 70, so I'm very happy with the result so far, and I've got renewed faith in what I'm doing, even if it's not perfect.

I'll consider doing another weigh in in a few weeks, maybe at the end of the month. Aiming for a lifestyle change, not a quick fix diet!
    • amymh41
      amymh41 Posts: 104 Member
      Options
      I have a question my goal calories are 1500, I swam in the pool today most of the afternoon, about 530 calories.
      Now my question I went over with calories more like 1600, but with exercise subtraction, I still have over 400 left in calories. Is that within budget?
    • wishfuljune
      wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
      Options
      I love the idea of setting monthly goals, so here are mine:

1. Lose 3 - 4 lbs by the end of the month.
      2. Add more yoga to my weekly routine (ideally 2 days a week).

Non-Weight Loss Related:
      3. Read at least 2 books this month (currently reading “The Fellowship of the Ring” because I’ve never read it and I liked the movies).
    • TerriRichardson112
      TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
      Options
      @Dory_42 I’ll join you. I’m trying to shift the last couple of lbs and I’ve stalled. I am also working on improving my stamina, strength and flexibility.
      Weekly goals:
      • 35 + mins of HIIT walk/jog > 3 days 1/3
      • 15 mins of strength training > 3 days 1/3
      • 15 mins of Yoga/Pilates/Tai Chi > 3 days 1/3
      • Stay in the green = 7 days 2/7

Reasonable so far
      • Dory_42
        Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
        Options
        @juliemouse83 I find that it is the protein levels of my breakfast that determine my daily energy, not the carbs. Just something to consider.