New to Weight Loss Journey

I am an emotional eater. Married over 33 years with grown children I just have always internalized but now everything hurts. I am trying to change. This is day 2 for me. All of this just feels out of character for me. I realize many other people are struggling and I am looking to connect with other people to support each other.

Replies

• IrisRoseGingersnap
    IrisRoseGingersnap Posts: 127 Member
    Hi, I am starting this journey anew. Guess this is day 2. A previous time, building community here was a big help.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Hello! Reaching out is a big step. Community helps, and does some therapy, I have found. That can look like a lot of different things, from engaging a counselor to reading books on emotional eating, to reframing your lifestyle, to starting some healthy hobbies and habits, to working on self-esteem, to speaking your truth, and so much more.
  • LauraZaber
    LauraZaber Posts: 2 Member
    Hello -starting over as well. I'm an emotional eater - happy, sad, mad - doesn't matter. Food makes it better, right? Day 3 and it's going well. Trying to work on the confidence I need to keep going. My best friend had a tummy tuck and lipo 6 weeks ago and is down 17 lbs., so that's not helping, as you might imagine. Too bad I don't have $12 grand to drop on surgery.