Sloth Mode of Summer

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
So going to declare new program Healthy Barb 2022.
Two year program to get back to being healthy.
First step was no diet coke. Went thru 2 solid days of withdrawal with caffeine withdrawal headaches but think I made it!
Second step is to limit amount of food eaten at one time. Tend to skip meals and eat too much at one time.

Gained 6lbs since quarantine started but shaking off my sloth mode slowly.

Swimming a lot but just too hot for long workouts gpxl3mcu732r.jpg

Replies

• barbhat13
    Options
    1. Get rid of diet coke.done 3rd week
    2. No fries at Chik Filet.done 2 weeks
    3. Change processed freezer food to low fat done for 1 week
    4. Starting today, sit only at table to eat
    GOAL IS 6 LB LOSS BY 8/8.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Starting today! Sat at table to eat. Made zucchini waffles with a little almond flour in mini waffle maker.. tough tough work shifts but got 4 days off to recharge and start fresh nutrition wiser00qd8dkjhoe.jpg
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I gained 15# from the end of March (when we "shutdown") until the beginning of July! Yikes! So much senseless grazing. I've lost 2.4# since then, but still too many calories.

How were the zucchini waffles? Were you trying to make waffle "fry" substitute?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have gained 3 lbs since covid but 5 before that so I can say I need to loose 10 easily. I work in a bank we didn't shut down. For awhile we worked only 3 days a week which stunk but at least I was still working. I can't give up the diet soda because I am trying to give up the cookie. I really need to get my act together for fear my daughter is going to spring a wedding date on me. Ugh!!! So it's time to come back and get serious. So glad I not the only one to fall apart during the covid.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well it's time to get myself together. I have been handed a surprise and I have decided to reassess my life. That means I stepped down at work and went back to a less stressful job. I am going to take one day at a time. Puts life in perspective. I hope you both are doing well. Stay safe. Sue
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Totally wiped out by Coronavirus Sept 1.
    Have cardiac involvement which I am hoping is temporary. Neurological symptoms getting better. Activity intolerance better but not even close to baseline. Can't return to my 12hour ER position.

But I am recovering. Slowly. 6 weeks ago I couldn't walk more than 30 feet without severe shortness of breath but I am progressing daily.

Gained 10lbs on steriods. But I am at home ,I can drive more than 15 minutes, my brain fog is lifting. I am grateful for my health.

So Onward!! Healthy Barb 2022 has started. ( and yes, I still don't drink diet coke but boy I thought about it!)