Getting back at it

gewel321
gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
It's time to get back at it. I have completely let my diet and exercise slip over the past few months. I have put back on some (not all) of the weight I lost. The COVID carb diet as I am calling it has not been good for my weight loss goals. It's completely my fault. I got lazy and tired and used it as an excuse to not track and not exercise. So today I start back. Today I start tracking my food and getting off my behind and moving. 220 is not where I want to be.

Replies

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,438 Member
    You've got this!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    It's time to get back at it. I have completely let my diet and exercise slip over the past few months. I have put back on some (not all) of the weight I lost. The COVID carb diet as I am calling it has not been good for my weight loss goals. It's completely my fault. I got lazy and tired and used it as an excuse to not track and not exercise. So today I start back. Today I start tracking my food and getting off my behind and moving. 220 is not where I want to be.

No reason to play the blame game. Try to use your past as an opportunity to learn more about what you need to manage yourself better in the present and future not as an opportunity for judgment.

It is great you are ready to end your minor detour. I never managed to resume a weight loss effort before regaining everything and more so for me this is impressive.

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Kinda overdid it today. Counted all my calories and ate smaller healthier food and portions. Took the stairs everywhere, mowed the grass, played with the kid. Realized that I had only eaten 650 calories. And burned 600ish doing all my activity. So not good habit and sustainability wise. I ate a choco taco (needed that quick calorie bump and the sugar helped too) and a balanced break and I’m a little over 1000. Gotta step it up for tomorrow.