JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Congratulations to @GrandmaJackie and @cpanus ! Way to move it!. Chris, glad to hear the ankle is better.

It's strange not having Garmin to track my total. I had a short run this morning, but not sure how many other miles are missing. Putting myself down for 44/50 but I think I have more.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    07/22 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/23 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/24 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/25 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 524.0 miles

exercise.png

• JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    July 25
    5 miles
    98.5/100
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Adding 20 miles for 34 out of 300.

Adding 20 miles for 54 out of 300

Adding 14 miles for 68 out of 300.

Adding 14 miles for 82 out of 300.

Adding 13 miles for 95 out of 300.

Adding 14 miles for 109 out of 300.

Adding 15 miles for 124 out of 300.

Adding 43 miles for 167 out of 300.

Adding 22 miles for 189 out of 300.

Adding 15 miles for 204 out of 300.

Adding 28 miles for 232 out of 300.

Adding 17 miles for 249 out of 300.

Adding 7 miles for 256 out of 300.

Adding 15 miles for 271 out of 300.

Adding 13 miles for 284 out of 300.

Adding 11 miles for 295 out of 300.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    9.75 km today. Lovely winter day!

MTD 99.22/80 km
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options

exercise.png

2020 - July - 150

25th: 5.1 miles, 3.1 m running, 2 m purposeful walking - MTD 124.86
    26th: 7.28 miles, 1 m purposeful walking, 6.28 m stationary bike - MTD 132.14

You’re right @Janet ... it is soooo weird not having Garmin working.
    ETA:
    Sunday lunch today was courtesy of our bountiful garden. Gorgeous roast beetroot, broad beans, peas, fine beans and garlic. The tomatoes and cucumbers (very tasty!), sweet pepper and chilli are looking fabulous too.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    7/26
    20 miles
    566.29 miles MTD
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Many of you are sooooo close!

@k80flec - your garden sounds yummy. Very envious.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    07/22 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/23 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/24 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/25 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/26 - 25.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 549.0 miles

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    According to Garmin, your activities should be recorded for several days on your devices. If you need to, you can connect the device a computer and download the .fit files. Then they can be uploaded into a program like Strava or Training Peaks.

My Fitbit Blaze never records my bike miles. I don't know why or how to fix that. It will run the time & I think calories but won't show the miles ridden. I know the miles due to the mile markers on the hwy so I go by that.

The Fitbit Blaze is not designed to track miles. It doesn't have a GPS chip in it. It estimates miles when you walk by how many steps you take multiplied by the stride length on your profile. It can't tell how may revolutions of the pedals you make like it does steps and that's why it doesn't compute miles on the bike. I used to attach one of my smaller fitbit trackers to my shoe or in my sock and it halfway recorded hoe many spins of the pedals I did...but only for one foot so it estimated about half the distance that I actually biked. :lol:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    @K80FLEC - I love all veggies and I am happy to hear you enjoying such a fantastic bounty! :heart:

As for me....I did a 3.0 mile walk yesterday, an 8.3 mile walk this afternoon, and a 3.1 mile walk after dinner tonight. Making good progress on my goal! I'm at MTD 91.85.

Dave
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    July 26
    3.6 miles
    102.1/100
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles yesterday

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    and another 2.2 this morning

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    edited July 2020
    Options
    This works for a Mac and Training Peaks. I’m pretty sure Strava can do this as well. Windows would be similar. The new MacOS has the finder in the bottom left corner of your screen.

To upload your Garmin file, you will need:

A USB cable that will connect with your Garmin device.
    A computer with a USB jack and an internet connection.
    Let's begin:

Mac Instructions (Non-Music enabled Garmin Devices)
    In a browser window, navigate to app.trainingpeaks.com and login to your TrainingPeaks athlete account. If you're having issues logging in to your TrainingPeaks athlete account, you can reset your password here.
    Plugin your Garmin device to your computer using the cable that came with your Garmin. If you never upload files from you Garmin using a cable that's OK - this is the same cable you use to charge your Garmin.
    Hold command + space bar together and in the spotlight search window that appears type 'Finder.'
    The Finder pop-up window appears. If the Garmin successfully connects to your computer, your Garmin should appear under 'locations' as a bulk storage device. Please note that there is a slight delay between when you plug in your Garmin, and when your computer recognizes the attached device - it is not instantaneous.
    Double click on the Garmin and find the 'activity' folder.
    Double click the activity folder. Once the file folder expands, you will see all of your stored training files in this folder labeled by date.
    Find the most recent files that you haven't been able to upload to TrainingPeaks and hold command while clicking those files. The files will faintly highlight if selected.
    Drag those files out of your activities folder and drop them onto your TrainingPeaks athlete calendar. The files will automatically upload to the correct day.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I did notice that Half of the Garmin site is back up, sort of (slow). Hopefully the rest wont be far behind.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    In case you were curious Uploading Gamin files to a PC with Training Peaks.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    PC Instructions (Non-Music enabled Garmin Devices)

In a browser window, navigate to app.trainingpeaks.com and login to your TrainingPeaks athlete account. If you're having issues logging in to your TrainingPeaks athlete account, you can reset your password here.
    Plugin your Garmin device to your computer using the cable that came with your Garmin. If you never upload files from you Garmin using a cable that's OK - this is the same cable you use to charge your Garmin.
    Open Window's Explorer. Your Garmin, if successfully attached, will appear as a bulk storage device. Please note a slight delay between when you plug in your Garmin and when your computer recognizes the connected device - it is not instantaneous.
    Double click on the Garmin device and navigate to the folder labeled 'activities.' Once the file folder expands, you will see all of your stored training files in this folder labeled by date.
    Find the most recent files that you haven't uploaded to TrainingPeaks and hold command while clicking those files. The files will faintly highlight if selected.
    Drag those files out of your activities folder and drop them onto your TrainingPeaks athlete calendar. The files will automatically upload to the correct day.
This discussion has been closed.