Anyone on AIP Keto?

Options
CrystalEssex
CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
I'm looking to build some community. I was doing Keto from Sept 2016 until Feb 2019, although I kept much of the low carb mindset, just didn't count macros and restrict THAT much. I was basically doing Paleo. Started doing AIP in March 2020 when I started having a flare up of some things, and my naturopath just recommended I do AIP keto, since I felt my best while doing keto, and just adopting the AIP whole foods, no preservatives, etc approach.

I need some friends in this realm :D Anyone out there? I don't do Facebook or other social media, so MFP Is basically where it's at for me.

Finger's crossed <3

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    What is AIP keto?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    What is AIP keto?

Autoimmune Protocol
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    What is AIP keto?

Autoimmune Protocol

Thanks
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to build some community. I was doing Keto from Sept 2016 until Feb 2019, although I kept much of the low carb mindset, just didn't count macros and restrict THAT much. I was basically doing Paleo. Started doing AIP in March 2020 when I started having a flare up of some things, and my naturopath just recommended I do AIP keto, since I felt my best while doing keto, and just adopting the AIP whole foods, no preservatives, etc approach.

I need some friends in this realm :D Anyone out there? I don't do Facebook or other social media, so MFP Is basically where it's at for me.

Finger's crossed <3

Hi there, I’m not specifically keto as I love veggies to much to stay under 30 grams carbs, I do aim for keto but I’m mostly in the low carb range about 50g give or take. I do have an auto immune condition so I’m playing around with the idea of cutting out certain inflammatory foods, already removed gluten and now I’m working on dairy. 🤨 from what I understand anyone can follow keto and AIP, it’s as simple as removing inflammatory foods from the keto approved food list. It’s very individual though. My endocrinologist suggested going gluten free, low carb, and intermittent fast, I have decided for myself to see if dairy is a personal trigger, I may try to omit corn one day as well, just go through a keto elimination diet lol
    I have been swapping out conventional meats for organic grass fed free range when possible, getting rid of toxins is important in helping my organs filter correctly. In my beauty products as well. I have also been taking some supplements to help digestion. And trying to add in exercise, just to get all systems moving and on board for health!
    Sorry for my ramblings... my food diary is open to friends. Add me 😁

• shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    In a way I do AIP Keto. The foods that cause issues for me inflammation wise are the foods eliminated on a low carb/keto diet. Gluten, avenin, and starches flare me up if I have them more than once in a blue moon. The only starchy food that doesn't cause problems for me is rice.

I do eat plenty of green veggies and fruit, mainly of the low sugar variety.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

Finger's crossed <3

Hi there, I’m not specifically keto as I love veggies to much to stay under 30 grams carbs, I do aim for keto but I’m mostly in the low carb range about 50g give or take. I do have an auto immune condition so I’m playing around with the idea of cutting out certain inflammatory foods, already removed gluten and now I’m working on dairy. 🤨 from what I understand anyone can follow keto and AIP, it’s as simple as removing inflammatory foods from the keto approved food list. It’s very individual though. My endocrinologist suggested going gluten free, low carb, and intermittent fast, I have decided for myself to see if dairy is a personal trigger, I may try to omit corn one day as well, just go through a keto elimination diet lol
    I have been swapping out conventional meats for organic grass fed free range when possible, getting rid of toxins is important in helping my organs filter correctly. In my beauty products as well. I have also been taking some supplements to help digestion. And trying to add in exercise, just to get all systems moving and on board for health!
    Sorry for my ramblings... my food diary is open to friends. Add me 😁

That is impressive. I started doing this in Oct 2014 when on a hunch I cut out sugar and all forms of grain. I came to understand there was more to keto than ketones that was helping me getting back to living life again. It turned out Keto must to have help correct my gut microbiome balance so for the last couple years I have been trying to learn the foods that help improve the makeup and balance of my gut microbiome but I can not do that very well and stay Keto but I am still have my lower carb goal.

My testing with pomegranate juice over the past few weeks has been awesome but at 39 grams of carbs per 8 oz serving plus other plant based carb sources has me coming in at about 250 grams of carbs daily. Yesterday I ordered pomegranate extract from a couple sources to get its usage back down to no carbs to see if I get the same gut impact.

I think this is going to be a learning thing for the rest of my life. I never knew most of our immune system comes from the gut microbiome as well as our good/bad health.

Best of continued success.