Daily Motivation

Options
Hi all 👋

We all need help to stay motivated sometimes. (Well for me it’s all the time) So when you feel like your failing, falling or need to get back up come here and let’s talk it out. I will try to post something everyday to keep the convo going but we can also share Instas, Snapchats, or Phone/emails if it’s easier!

Let’s get this started!!!! 💛💛💛

Replies

• projectmefitmom
    projectmefitmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    omcfxee5k6qj.jpeg
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So just for today I'm going to have a big breakfast of omlette with vegetables and I'm going to avoid sugar. I was in a prett unhealthy habit cycle so I'm trying to break it one day at a time.

What are you doing for today?
  • Steve25k
    Options
    I've notice that when I sit at my desk it feels uncomfortable on my right side - I think it's the folds of my body*. So this is a big motivator for me right now. It's the first time my weight has really made just existing uncomfortable.

*Apologies for this mental image, but it might put you off your breakfast and therefore save you a few calories. You're welcome.😊
  • lilacs510
    lilacs510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today I am going to stay clear of night time snacking!! My goal is to have one cup of frozen fruit and a mug of hot paleo decaf latte that I found a recipe for. I will put my kids to bed and look forward to watching the new unsolved mysteries and reading my new book I just bought. If I get an urge to snack, I will treat it as a “wave” and ride the wave until it crescents and crashes.
  • lilacs510
    Options
    Let me just clarify, that my goal is to have the fruit and latte at night lol! That is not the only food I am eating today!! My issue is nighttime lol. Today, I have leftover grilled chicken and cauliflower rice for lunch and for dinner I am making scallops and will search for a new side recipe !
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    Steve25k wrote: »
    I've notice that when I sit at my desk it feels uncomfortable on my right side - I think it's the folds of my body*. So this is a big motivator for me right now. It's the first time my weight has really made just existing uncomfortable.

*Apologies for this mental image, but it might put you off your breakfast and therefore save you a few calories. You're welcome.😊

I literally laughed out loud. My breakfast was just fine lol 😂
    That great.....first find the problem then solve it! You got this.

lilacs510 wrote: »
    Let me just clarify, that my goal is to have the fruit and latte at night lol! That is not the only food I am eating today!! My issue is nighttime lol. Today, I have leftover grilled chicken and cauliflower rice for lunch and for dinner I am making scallops and will search for a new side recipe !

That’s awesome I’m always looking for ideas for other things to cook I love chicken and eat it often but sometimes I just want to experiment. Kinda scary kinda exciting 😜
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    My goal today is to stay on track and not drink any soda. It’s my addiction. Yesterday I was so tempted to drink a coke after workout with dinner and I fought that temptation. But this morning it felt to hard. I’ll push through tho. I just started a conditioning boot camp, boxing and jiu jitsu and that soda is killing me. 🥵
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    pg83i00kypmj.jpeg
  • lilacs510
    Options

Have you ever tried the spindrift seltzers? Obviously not the same as soda, but they’re pretty good and very low cal
    My goal today is to stay on track and not drink any soda. It’s my addiction. Yesterday I was so tempted to drink a coke after workout with dinner and I fought that temptation. But this morning it felt to hard. I’ll push through tho. I just started a conditioning boot camp, boxing and jiu jitsu and that soda is killing me. 🥵

• projectmefitmom
    Options
    lilacs510 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried the spindrift seltzers? Obviously not the same as soda, but they’re pretty good and very low cal

I haven’t but I will try them. Any brand you like in particular?
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    4lgaus0g3369.jpeg
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    vv69vqlu0okj.jpeg

This is my Petty Reason!!! 🙌🏽
  • Steve25k
    Options
    I read in a book last night about getting your mind in the right place. 2 things stuck with me so much I was thinking about them this morning:

- think about what you're heading towards and not moving away from. So rather than "I don't want to be fat" it's better to think things like "I want to wear size ABC jeans". Studies show if you have something you're moving toward you're more successful.

- start thinking and acting now as if you're at your goal weight. So if you're thinking that you'll go on bike rides, eat salads, do yoga drinks when you're healthy, then start doing that now.

I haven't really thought much about what the new healthier me looks like or what he'll do. I'm going to spend some time today putting together mood board of the new me. Get old photos of me at a better weight, photos of things I'd like to do, people I admire and what they do.

I really think the challenge for me over the years is that my mind hasn't really been in it. So I'm going to change that and think about how good life would be if I were healthier.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!

As a visual person, I'd really like to find things I can hang around my space to motivate me and be something that draws me forward to what I want to be, what I want to look like. This has helped me in the past. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, I just haven't been seeing anything I find inspiring lately. I think part of it is, when I was younger and thinner, putting up photos from magazines with models doing things I wanted to do wasn't such a stretch. Now, I look at those pictures and they aren't inspiring, and they aren't for me. They're all young, they've never had babies, they haven't ever been overweight. I'm trying to set healthy goals for myself and want my inspiration to match, and be something a little more realistic. I'm not trying to move backward into my 20s; I'm trying to be who I am, now, more gracefully and healthily.
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry for being MIA! I think that a vision board or something similar would be awesome!!!! Let’s do it!
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @Steve25k, did you make your mood board?

I have not made one yet, but I DID get my bike out and cleaned up, and took it for a short spin. I think I just need my husband to show me how to adjust the derailer, because something isn't quite right, but then I should be good to go! And my husband says he's not biking until Fall, but my dad (who is 70 and bikes 20-30 miles nearly every morning) says if I want company on a bike trail, I should call him up and we can go together! (Which is nice, because, honestly, I'm not keen on biking alone as a woman on the highly isolating bike paths we have out here.)
  • veggiepat
    veggiepat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am excited I tracked for a whole week now. Working on night time eating and binging. I am taking baby steps and working my way through. We can do it! Way to go everyone for being accountable. I think that makes so much difference!