Daily exercise

Options
Steve25k
Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
I was wondering what people were doing for exercise.

Mine has been mostly dog walking but he has a limp so that's cut down to a 30 minute slow plod.

Tomorrow my wife is going to walk the dog and I'm going to start the couch 2 5k programme. I did it some years ago a d it was very effective. I am not a runner but I loved the programme and the sense of making progress from running 30 seconds on week one to 30 minutes by the end.

What do you do for exercise?

Replies

• lilacs510
    lilacs510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Before Covid, I was doing Spin, Barre and Bootcamp at the gym. I really do better with fitness classes. I have been struggling working out here at home. Our gyms have reopened with safety precautions, so I may try it.
    Currently, I have been trying to do a walk/run on my treadmill or outside. I have a free app called “abs and core” that I do for ab strengthening. Sometimes I will do some of the free virtual classes from my ymca or a YouTube barre video.
    The couch to 5k is a great program. It has kick started a workout program for me many times over the years!
  • projectmefitmom
    projectmefitmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Steve25k wrote: »
    I was wondering what people were doing for exercise.

Mine has been mostly dog walking but he has a limp so that's cut down to a 30 minute slow plod.

Tomorrow my wife is going to walk the dog and I'm going to start the couch 2 5k programme. I did it some years ago a d it was very effective. I am not a runner but I loved the programme and the sense of making progress from running 30 seconds on week one to 30 minutes by the end.

What do you do for exercise?

I am the same as @lilacs510 I need more Structure in my life lol, my dog is also kinda lazy she’s still a puppy so she gets tired fast. So our walks are like 15-20 minutes max. I joined a jiu jitsu gym and they have conditioning every other day with boxing and jiu jitsu so I started this. Also on off days I want to YouTube some body weight exercises because right now that’s about all I can do. Plus I live in Texas,USA and its around 105-110 degrees F outside so any movement has me sweating like a piggy 🐷! If you guys fine some good exercises please share. I’m gonna download the couch2 5k app as well.
  • losingthisweight457
    losingthisweight457 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing work out videos from home, and wanted to share a good workout you can look up on Youtube for free. Look up Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. She has 1 mile, 2, 3, 4 mile workouts and incorporates cardio in the walking. 1 mile usually takes about 15 mintutes, 2 miles 30 minutes, & so on. I really like these workouts as a beginner just starting back up with my weightloss journey.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    So week 1 day 1 of the c25k programme for me today. I was out on the old disused railway track which is quite popular with runners, cyclist, horse riders etc.

I didn't take the dog this morning, he's got a limp so didn't want him to run too far. Also he gets confused when I run - he thinks I'm having a seizure and keeps jumping up and down grabbing my arm to make me stop.

Day 1 finished and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad when it stopped, but it was bearable.

Let's hear about the exercise you did or plan to do today.
  • lilacs510
    lilacs510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job Steve! The last two days I did a run/walk on the treadmill and a quick ab series on my app. Might rest today, unless I get the urge to do a little more on the treadmill.
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    I've been doing work out videos from home, and wanted to share a good workout you can look up on Youtube for free. Look up Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. She has 1 mile, 2, 3, 4 mile workouts and incorporates cardio in the walking. 1 mile usually takes about 15 mintutes, 2 miles 30 minutes, & so on. I really like these workouts as a beginner just starting back up with my weightloss journey.

I will definitely look into that!
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    So week 1 day 1 of the c25k programme for me today. I was out on the old disused railway track which is quite popular with runners, cyclist, horse riders etc.

I didn't take the dog this morning, he's got a limp so didn't want him to run too far. Also he gets confused when I run - he thinks I'm having a seizure and keeps jumping up and down grabbing my arm to make me stop.

Day 1 finished and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, i'm glad when it stopped, but it was bearable.

Let's hear about the exercise you did or plan to do today.

I want to try something new. I downloaded the app and will start my couch 2 5k tonight. I’m so excited. Also gonna look into those videos.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    A brisk 2 mile walk this morning for me, followed by some scrambled eggs and then off to work (in my dining room).

Today's walk was pretty much the same speed as my run yesterday, but it all helps.
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    Took my dog for a “run” last night Day 1 done of councilors 2 5k and I was dying. I’m not a runner at all!!
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Took my dog for a “run” last night Day 1 done of councilors 2 5k and I was dying. I’m not a runner at all!!

My friend keeps telling me it's great for clearing your head and thinking about life. When I run all I can think is "don't die, don't die, don't die". Well done on getting out there and doing the first day! Day 2 tomorrow, let's keep going.
  • projectmefitmom
    Options

My friend keeps telling me it's great for clearing your head and thinking about life. When I run all I can think is "don't die, don't die, don't die". Well done on getting out there and doing the first day! Day 2 tomorrow, let's keep going.

YES!!!! I’m the same way! “ Do die, don’t forget to breathe, don’t fall on your face! Lol 😂
    Hey atleast in out side sweating my booty off! Literally 🔥 🤣 I’m in Texas and it’s about 110 at 5pm here!!!
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 for me today, felt pretty good today, didn't hate it quite so much and you can't beat the feeling when it stops. I also get to feel smug all day that I've been out and exercised.

Good luck everyone for the exercise you'll so today. Keep at it.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Yes! I used to say, "If you see me running, it's only because I either really need to catch a bus, or I'm being chased by something scary!" I'm trying to adjust my attitude about this.

In the meanwhile, my current daily activity is my walk with my dog. Usually what we do might more accurately be described as "moseying". But she's a love, and she is saving our sanity during this pandemic, and she gets me out first thing every day for a couple thousand steps! We're both middle-aged, chubby, and slow; perfect for each other!

dgsk92b7u8rj.jpg

• projectmefitmom
    Options

Yes! I used to say, "If you see me running, it's only because I either really need to catch a bus, or I'm being chased by something scary!" I'm trying to adjust my attitude about this.

In the meanwhile, my current daily activity is my walk with my dog. Usually what we do might more accurately be described as "moseying". But she's a love, and she is saving our sanity during this pandemic, and she gets me out first thing every day for a couple thousand steps! We're both middle-aged, chubby, and slow; perfect for each other!

dgsk92b7u8rj.jpg

Welcome and that’s awesome any activity is better than no activity!
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    Starting two days ago, I added yoga back into my weekly workouts. My goal is 2-3 yoga sessions per week on top of my walking. I did another one today, so that felt good. Anyone else here do Yoga with Adriene?
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 of c25k for me yesterday, it felt pretty good and it made me make sensible choices at s BBQ later with friends. Hoping that shows on weigh in today.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Brisk walk for me this morning before work - approx 2 miles along an old railway line that is now a track through the woods.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    Daisy and I did our 75 minutes of walking this morning.
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    You guys are killing it!!!! Yesssss 🙌🏽
  • Steve25k
    Options
    I did week 2 day 1 of C25K today, so that's 6 X 90s of running.

It was fine today, still don't like running but I do love the feeling of making progress and followin a plan.

Tomorrow is a C25K rest day, normally I walk, but I think I'll get the bike out and go for a ride.