August 30 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Juliemouse, hilarious truth on the dogs!!! I was grooming my client dogs and grabbed my face mask...lol
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    @cjane917 Congrats for reaching maintenance!

@Chinkiri Great post. I agree, completing a month regardless of Pass Days is a real accomplishment.

@snowshoe072 Wow, awesome photo. Did a powerful lightning bolt hit the tree, or is that just an old tree? Thanks for posting.
  • Hollis100
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, hours of disinfecting my workplace and slow walking. I logged 3.5 hours but did much more than that.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, well under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass Days 3/3 I should be in the winner's circle
  • Hollis100
    Options
    UCGRocks wrote: »
    I’ve been doing quite well on exercise/activity. But struggling with food- snacking is my problem. This caused a plateau in my weight loss journey. If anyone has been in a similar spot before please share yo experience on how you turned the situation around.

These things have helped me when I can't stop eating:

(1) I delay eating breakfast until 11:00 a.m. or later. I allow myself to drink whatever I want, but no food until later. It's hard the first day or two, but then I get used to it. The benefit: it seems to make my appetite smaller.

(2) What are you snacking on? If you keep overeating a food you can't resist, don't keep it around.

(3) Plan calories for snacks. Make sure you give yourself some treats. Make sure you get some fat, salt, etc. in your diet. You might be craving fat, for example, and turn to high calorie chips when some sliced avocado or olives -- food with better nutrition -- might satisfy you.

(4) Sugarless gum and a hot no-calorie drink like coffee or tea

(5) Go for a walk or other exercise

• tlwoodbell
    tlwoodbell Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 20 min yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, had two walks today.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,605 Member
    Options
    8/30
    Exersized-? Just my steps.
    Caleries?-no went over alittle
    Logged yes
    Congratulations to those in the winner circle.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes, a good day.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    cjane917 wrote: »
    Yes x3

I have officially reached maintenance status!!! I am so excited. Thanks to all of your for your support and motivation.

It was nice to get the extra calories when adjusting my settings but I will continue to track and monitor closely in September to make sure that those settings are keeping me on track for maintenance and adjust accordingly.

Also @RangerRickL I am still on track for the winner's circle for August UAC as long as I meet the requirements tomorrow.

Congratulations @cjane917 ❣️❣️
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes - barely
    Yes - 12.79 miles
    Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Aug 30
    My 1,000th MFP Tracking streak!!

Tracked: all
    Calories: under (just)
    Exercise: 50 min yoga

💚 In maintenance range.

I have to not have a Pass Day tomorrow to be in Winner’s Circle.

So far, so good!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    30th August
    Exercise: Yes, 20 minutes walking
    Calories: I'll say Yes. I was in fact 4 calories over, but if I 'shave off' 3 grams of smoked trout I am dead on. It doesn't matter anyway, as I have already taken all my Pass Days.
    Tracking: Yes, logged everything.
    It's much cooler today. We had a lot of rain last night and the night before and temperatures are now down to high twenties - Centigrade, that is. I woke up cold in the night and had to go and find the duvet!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I AM SOOOO FRUSTRATED BY ALL OF THE DIFFERENT BMR TDEE CALCULATORS OUT THERE. I DON'T TRUST MFP'S CALCULATIONS. SO - I'M GOING TO SEE IF ANY OF YOU GUYS RESPONDED TO MY PREVIOUS POST ON THIS...(and sorry for all caps...button was stuck...lol..not yelling - I promise) but ...what are your fave tools?
    I like to look at fitnessfrog, damnripped and sailrabbit - and then...I go off on random surchases...and my head spins.

Do you adjust your calorie set point every week/month/after a certain number of lbs are lost...or do you just let MFP tell you what to aim for?

Did you see my previous response to this?
    What I did was use a few online tdee calculators to get an average from them and then tried it out for a while adjusting until I got the number that works for me. I was close enough to maintenance (I think I was about 10kgs up) by then to just input my goal weight and activity levels and use that. I used the same amount in maintenance and stayed with an ideal range for a couple of years. Injury is the reason I gained a bit because I had a very active routine which was put on hold for over a year but I’m getting back!

Don’t get caught up in all the different options. Try a few and use the average. Try that number out for a while and see how your weight responds. You have to be strict at sticking to that number though to determine if it is working for you. Every body responds differently so you have to test it out on yourself. If it isn’t working you adjust the number up or down accordingly and try again, until you find what works for you.
  • jules7890
    jules7890 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Walked 2+ miles
    Had nice brunch and small dinner. Under calorie count for the day.
    Tracked every bite & beverage.
    Almost month end.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    @Hollis 100

My guess is it’s just an old tree several wood pecker holes in it must be a favorite down by a old bog glad you enjoyed 🙂
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Off to a good start .... 6500 steps in before 11:00 a.m. Full-day report at the end of the day.
    Daily post
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes- (nailed before lunch, and had other walks later)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (see above)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Nope - too busy cracking my stressors -

Days goals met: 24
    Pass days used: 6 (4 in a row due to stress; mostly N log, and a N exercise)

I DID IT!! (when the 4Rs intersect with D-PIE, magic becomes possible.)
    Continued to define issues and prototype processes that will relive a huge portion of my stressors; alpha and beta testing continues this week.

(I will spell out what 4Rs and D-PIE stand for at another time in the What's on your mind - how the magic works is already there in my comment to @juliemouse83 )
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Sunday
    Two hour dog walk with lots of hills, and tracked meals.
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3