Hello from a re-starter

Hi everyone. I'm restarting although trying not to focus too much on calories. I'm using MFP more as an awareness tool and hoping to make putting my food diary together a 'habit'.

I'm 50 and 5' 3". I'd like to loose 10 kg but I'm more interested in having a healthier diet and increase my calcium intake and generally have better heart health. I'm an English woman living in Switzerland and I LOVE to go out eating and drinking and I cook a lot at home - mostly from scratch, since I don't work and I have time. I love travelling and have lived in 5 countries.

I have Hashimotos thyroid disease, I have allergic asthma - so exercising outside in the country can be difficult during high pollen times, I have Oral Allergy Syndrome and so I can not eat many raw fruits and some veg, and I had a full hysterectomy a year ago so I have hormones against me too...

My diary is open and I'd love friends with open diaries to get food inspiration from and I'm happy to hear tips and advice from people.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,935 Member
    Welcome back!

If you've been here before, you already know that just logging your food -- all of it -- is a very helpful first step. Even if it's the only step you ever take, it provides you with information. You're more likely to make good choices if you know you have to document whatever you eat or drink.

The only trick is you have to be honest with yourself. Unless your MFP diary is open, only YOU get to see it. So be brave and log EVERYTHING even if you wish you hadn't eaten it.

I look forward to reading about your continuing success over the coming weeks, months, and years!
  • Frau_In_Der_Schweiz
    Frau_In_Der_Schweiz Posts: 10 Member
    Thank You.... I'm trying to be disciplined... I'm also trying to spend less time on my phone... its a balancing act at the moment :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    You have quite a few challenges. I admire you for not giving up.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,811 Member
    We humans are curious critters. We tend to overestimate the impact of our daily activities and get disappointed but we also underestimate the impact of those same daily activities if we sustain the effort over several weeks.

A long way to say stay the course and don't like short-term disappointments interfere with your long term goals!!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Nice to have you back 👏👏
  • rgec58
    rgec58 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2021
    Great going, getting restarted. I hope you are still using MFP. I restarted also, 20 days ago. Got off track when COVID hit and all cycling events came to an end. I have to be motivated by something concerning my training. However, I got back on MFP because I noticed when I'm not logging, I'm eating, out of stress or just boredom. Anyway, I'm back, too. Keep it up!!