Week 1 Challenge !!!!!

Options

Replies

• neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    OK. happy to report, I have been doing the 100+ crunches, and the C25K program - Saturday and today were running days. Thursday next on the agenda..will try to supplement either yoga or other program. I am sore and My knee is ouchy today. Water is good, i <3 water.

I started a new class today, so my focus is kind on that until I get into the groove.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Today was a great day for me! I ate very well!! Had fruit and veggies, lots of water, protein!

I stayed under my calorie goal, finally.
    I also drank more than enough water. At least 12 cups.

For exercise, I did Level 1, Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred. My body is going to hurt tomorrow!
    The only thing I didn't do today was the 100 crunches. I kept count during the Shred and I got to 65, so that was enough for me.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well with my exercise goals, crunches, and logging. However, I am still struggling on the calorie part of it (which I know is SOOOO important). I have an important Dr. appointment coming up on Friday, so I am hoping to find some answers regarding some major pain I have been in. I will try my best to refocus and kick it up a notch regarding my calories. :embarassed:
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Completed my 100 crunches
  • hanginrailranch
    hanginrailranch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yes...weekends can be difficult...and I was no exception...kinda ran out of gas....did fair w/ eating but the exercise part was more difficult to get in...
    but today...I did awesome!!! I walked 7 miles and am up to 40 crunches and hope to get more in tomorrow! I also drank my water and logged in food, keeping my calories under control...I ate healthy foods and even had a bit of chocolate...Just want to get more days in like today!
  • NicksWTB
    NicksWTB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OMG what a naughty weekend!!! I'm not alone (which I'm pleased about!) I wasn't horrendously bad, but I did have food I perhaps shouldn't have had. I only managed one lot of 100 crunches on Sunday morning, and haven't been out running either.

So!! Today is a new day, I've planned all my food for the week, I've planned all my exercise, weighed myself and I'm back on track! I've got 3 months in which to lose 1 stone!!!

Come on!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

:-)
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I promised to compensate for bad sunday. And I really did. Completed my 100 crunches and a work out and walked 8 and a bit miles. (It was a holiday here.) Ended the day with a big old deficit.
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my water in ang logging my calories, but i'm benched on all exercise. I have a heart echo test on wednesday. so i'm hopeful that I well be able to exercise soon.
  • momofrugrats
    momofrugrats Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weekend report and Monday's

8/24: 100 crunches, 72 oz of water, rest day
    8/25: 100 crunches, 72 oz of water, run
    8/26: 50 crunches, 72 oz of water, fast pace walking

Have a great day!!
  • zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys ive had a bad weekend too, its been bank holiday here which has meant that i have conssumed more than an acceptable amount of alcohol and although i remebered to do my sit ups friday, saturday- sunday, Monday was a bit of a write off?!
    Back on it this morning though with an early morning workout and im making sure i stick within calories for the rest of the week ready for weigh in on Thursday.
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted since the beginning of this challenge. I am terrible about doing crunches because I dislike them so much. I really need to get to them though. One day I did 15 and Sunday I did 40 of them.
    I always drink plenty of water, so I don't even worry about logging my water anymore. Water is all I drink. I might occasionally have a soda, but not very often.
    I will be running this afternoon, but who knows maybe I will try to do the crunches while commercials are on during Extreme Weightloss.
  • tleonhardt
    tleonhardt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree that weekends are hard!! Didn't expect to fall off track on a Monday night, but my daughter (a new Freshman in college) invited me to a concert and we didn't have a chance to get something to eat until late, and I was very hungry by that point and parking was terrible, so we ended up at Mellow Mushroom and I caved in and ate 3 large slices of pizza, which I had not intended to do. Need to plan better next time. Back on track this morning, however. Just got back from taking the dogs to the park, and instead of sitting while they ran and played, I opted to walk around the perimeter of the park at a brisk pace for an hour and managed to burn 450 calories doing so. Drank 1/2 my water thus far and still have healthy eating and crunches to check off, but I am determined to at least lose a pound this week before our first weigh-in on Thursday!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I completely forgot to do my crunches last night! Sorry!!! I am doing them tonight and tomorrow night.

I went to Zumba (my fave workout!) last night and tried Spinning for the first time this morning. This was the perfect time to try it because they changed locations due to gym maintenance so it seemed less intimidating somehow.

Still logging and things are good. I'm going out of town on Thursday so I'll be logging my weigh in tomorrow morning.

It's so great to read everyone's updates! Wouldn't it be great if EVERYONE did their chosen exercise (crunches or otherwise) today and tomorrow?
  • omgsmg
    omgsmg Posts: 98
    Options
    I haven't posted since the challenge started but I even got my husband to take part with. We've exercised every day but two since the challenge started, I've been getting on my 100 crunches, almost forgot but my husband reminded me at 9 last night. Water has been good, trying to get in more than the 8 cups a day, I find that I really have to force myself which I don't understand because water is really all I have at home and I enjoy it quite a bit. I've been under my calorie goal every day, even declined pizza and Burger King this weekend! That was hard but in the end I'm glad I did. Hope everyone is doing good! Keep your heads up!
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Logging, put in a short walk/run on the treadmill to combat a very stressful and demanding workday. Please hope this weeks gets better quickly! Calories and water are aok in my book.

Didn't get my crunches in but going to log off and get my butt on the floor now!!!! Later!
  • gingerFLA
    gingerFLA Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feels great to be Back-on-Track!

Water= Check!
    Logging= Check!
    Exercise= Check!
    Crunches= Check!
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Another pretty good day. I stayed under calories, barely. Although I'm getting hungry and trying to not eat anything.I drank loads of water today. At least 10 cups.

I went to the gym, but didn't burn many calories. I swam for 25 minutes, and did the Arc trainer for 20 minutes. Im sore from doing the 30 Day shred last night so I took it easy. I didn't do the crunches. Too sore from yesterday.
  • zoecollins
    Options
    Eurgh.... i cheated i got on the scales this morning and have gained a little, so i am really demotivated. I have been really bloated the last few days and i knew id not had a particulary good weekend but it has still annoyed me?! I really need to focus and get back on track after the weekend, i have kept within calorie goal since the weekend so i know i just need to stick with it and be more careful with logging everything on a weekend but i just feel cross with myself. Just felt like i needed a rant, thanks for listening.

xx
  • zoecollins
    Options
    Eurgh.... i cheated i got on the scales this morning and have gained a little, so i am really demotivated. I have been really bloated the last few days and i knew id not had a particulary good weekend but it has still annoyed me?! I really need to focus and get back on track after the weekend, i have kept within calorie goal since the weekend so i know i just need to stick with it and be more careful with logging everything on a weekend but i just feel cross with myself. Just felt like i needed a rant, thanks for listening.

xx

Ok after my little rant i have looked through my reports etc and realised that i never log my evening meal and alcohol intake on a Saturday (which will always likely take me over my calorie intake) and i never seem to log at all on a Sunday, my food intake on a sunday isnt always huge but may have a bottle of wine in the afternoon with a light lunch or something as we tend to meet with family or friends, i dont really want to have to stop drinking but will obviosuly have to make sure i log everything in future and stick within my limits, which is obviously the whole point of this group etc... Sorry for the negativity, il stop moaning now and will behave more going forward.... PMA - If it doesnt challenge you it doesnt change you

Have a good day everyone
    xx
  • tleonhardt
    tleonhardt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Hope everyone is having a good week. Hard to believe the first weigh-in is tomorrow. Good day yesterday. Met all goals. Got up a bit late this morning, but managed to get to a spinning class and do my crunches before work. I plan to actually bring my lunch to the office today so that I am not tempted to scoot out and eat something unhealthy. Hope everyone is enjoying this challenge and getting back on track.