Active August!

Options
SummerSkier
SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
Ok here is the new topic for August! Let's go everyone.

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the thread @SummerSkier !!

My goals this month:

1. Get off the sugar. I didn't do a bloodtest for a long time, but I recognise the signs - being more parched than normal and getting dizzy if I don't eat regularly. @l4a_p : let's do this !
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0 - Which is EXACTLY the same as last months. Boy, how did I get so good at maintaning suddenly???
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

03/08: 73.0
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:113.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 20.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Light & Hydrate!
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: OTF 5x week
    Goal #4: Don't Stress!!

** take self progress pics.

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/30 110 19%
    04/30 110, 19.9%
    05/30 111.4, 20.4%
    06/30 112, 21%
    07/31 112, 20.4%

08/3 113, 20.4%

@SummerSkier Thanks for starting August!!
    Good job on food prep! I do so much better when I prep too. This week I'm done with soup. I got tired of it. I'm sticking to salads.

So here we go again. I am just going to do what I normally do. Eat good, exercise and rest up.
    Hope to see my BF lower a bit.
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    53, 5'5"
    CW: 139
    GW: 129
    Aug GW: 135

Goal 1: Drink more water
    Goal 2: Start body weight exercises at work 3x a week
    Goal 3: Walk at least 3 times a week at home.

8/3: 139 Today is my daughters birthday so, as requested, there will be Oreo Ice Cream cake! Probably won't weigh in tomorrow.
  • sallyhilton106
    sallyhilton106 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Getting myself back on track, reducing my carbs, trying to keep calories down (and not be hungry) eating more veg and drinking more water and to do exercise each day - going Ok so far !
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Back to concentrating on no crazy snacking while I am on patrol (graveyard shift 20:45-05:15) I will stick to a protein drink for 'breakfast' at 15:30 or 1600, then a low carb, high protein dinner a couple of hours later with hubby, and my snack of protein & healthy fats between 23:00-24:00. That should work fine as long as I pay attention and don't talk myself into stopping at the convenience store or going thru McD's drive thru. It helps if I have a busy night with no time to sit about. Last night I drove 117km in town, and walked 5 km on site checks. I also had 4 others phoning in to me hourly for safety checks.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the sugar. I didn't do a bloodtest for a long time, but I recognise the signs - being more parched than normal and getting dizzy if I don't eat regularly. @l4a_p : let's do this !
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0 - Which is EXACTLY the same as last months. Boy, how did I get so good at maintaning suddenly???

04/08: 73.1 - I did resist the sugar temptation
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

JULY GOALS
    1. Follow new eating schedule (see below)
    2. Running back to 3x/week
    3. Log!
    4. Less sugar @Antiopelle I'm not sure I'll be able to do no sugar currently... The Boyfriend brought me a care-package that consist of nothing but delicious American (read: overloaded with sugar) candy. Especially those Reese's Pieces... what in the name of ****!! So good! And even when not eating any cookies/candy, like yesterday, I still end up with 36grams that day... from cottage cheese, tomatoes,... it's impossible to keep it at 0 grams. What do you aim for?

MEASUREMENTS (compared to June)
    Chest: 95cm (+3cm)
    Belly: 93cm (+2cm)
    Waist: 76cm (+1cm)
    Hips: 102cm (+1cm)

I'm adding the tapemeasure info so I can't convince myself the added weight is "muscle". It isn't. Except maybe some glutes.

About those: I've been working so hard on them and went to take a progress picture last week and it looked honest to god worse! How even!

WEIGHT
    03 August: 69.9kg
    04 August: 69.2kg

The New Plan
    The age-old debate about "is it just CiCo or something more", I think I have an answer! The last few days I ate below my kcal budget (for sure!) but I did eat mainly sugar. And my weight skyrocketed. So I'm just not buying the pure CiCo principle anymore, to me it DOES matter what "kind" of kcal you eat.

So, starting yesterday I'm incorporating keto days. See, I know I can't manage keto every day, forever. But I can do it for a few days. So the plan is 1-2 days keto/fasting without kcal counting, and then a no-restriction-day but with kcal counting. That way I get the benefits of rapid fatburning, without going carb-crazy. And this seems maintainable to me.

What do you guys think?
  • my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy August! Lost 3ish pounds in July, which I consider okay since I'm towards the end of my weight loss journey. Main issue was BED relapses at the end of the month due to social activities and eating at night.

My August Goals:
    - binge-free month, do NOT fall into restrict and overeating cycle
    - flexible goal, stick to reverse dieting and see what happens (theoretically can reach 111-112 lbs this month, which would be very nice but my goal range is 110-115 so it's flexible)
    - take daily walks in addition to 6 day split (Fitbit arrived today!)
    - not be afraid to burn less exercise calories but do resistance band/weights to recomp
    - experiment with some more healthy recipes (I've been making some nice Instant Pot lentil soup variations recently, all so good and nutritious)
    - focus on protein, I've been averaging 70g a day now up from 50g!

Height: 5'2.5 (159 cm)
    CW (August 4th): 115.9
    GW: 110-113 lbs

I hope to see some extra progress this week since I've been slowly shedding water weight from the end of July the past few days. I think Active August is a good theme!

@l4a_p I think CiCo works but there are margins of error for sure! and also bloating, water weight retention from eating processed foods for some. I know nothing about keto since I have been vegetarian for five years, which I guess could be keto but I have the opposite struggles where I have to watch my carbs and naturally eat lower fat. I think the fasting component can be helpful if you don't want to calorie count if you are referring to intermittent fasting. I do 16:8 or 18:6 IF every day, and I consider it a lifestyle change that I've maintained for several months now. It definitely makes being in deficit easier, and I actually only tend to relapse and overeat if I eat later than 8 pm and don't follow IF. But if carbs are a trigger for you, it could definitely helpful to try to limit them during the week through keto! I just personally find any diets without balance to be bad for me because then I start having cravings.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

The New Plan
    The age-old debate about "is it just CiCo or something more", I think I have an answer! The last few days I ate below my kcal budget (for sure!) but I did eat mainly sugar. And my weight skyrocketed. So I'm just not buying the pure CiCo principle anymore, to me it DOES matter what "kind" of kcal you eat.

So, starting yesterday I'm incorporating keto days. See, I know I can't manage keto every day, forever. But I can do it for a few days. So the plan is 1-2 days keto/fasting without kcal counting, and then a no-restriction-day but with kcal counting. That way I get the benefits of rapid fatburning, without going carb-crazy. And this seems maintainable to me.

What do you guys think?

I gently disagree that sugar is causing a weight gain. It might be bloating you for a few days but probably not real weight increase if you are truly under your caloric intake goal to lose. Your plan **for me** would be a recipe for binging and yo yo ing. However I bow to the "everyone is individual and what works for one is poison for another" idea so if you can manage to stay in deficit for the overall week and this is sustainable , then that is a good thing!
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier Thanks for the honest feedback! We'll see what it does for me. Or to me :D
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    34/5'4"

CW: 138.6
    GW: 132

August 1: 138.6
  • my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of exercising with a FitBit! Still going to take a short evening walk, but this is my first time seeing how much my at home workouts burn. Today was my "cardio" day and I definitely am glad I don't eat exercise calories...I didn't realize that the calorie adjustment for MFP should be based on active calories and not just total burned. Today I did about 50 minutes of HIIT and burned almost 400 cals, but the adjustment was only around 260 because I guess I can burn 130 just from existing for 50 minutes. I don't usually even do 50 minutes of active HIIT; usually mix of HIIT and pilates. I think eating exercise calories when I first tried losing weight a few years ago was toxic because it made me want to do lots of cardio just to burn calories instead of enjoying working out for fitness. Also, doing only cardio and no strength/resistance training is bad for my goals since I don't want to just lose all my muscle and be left with just fat.

What do you all think? Do you eat exercise calories? How do you track your exercise?
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:113.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 20.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Light & Hydrate!
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: OTF 5x week
    Goal #4: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

08/3 113, 20.4%
    08/5 111.2, 20.4%

OTF tonight: What I have to look forward to...

60 min 3G Tread
    90 sec push
    1 min base (flat road)
    1 min base (5%)
    90 sec push
    1 min base
    30 sec all out
    Tread Block 2
    1 min push
    1 min base
    45 sec base (6%)
    45 sec push
    1 min base
    90 sec push
    30 sec all out

Rower:
    3x: 15 stroke row, 12 squat jacks
    2x: 12 stroke row, 10 squat jacks
    1x: 10 stroke row, 8 squat jacks
    Goal: 8-12 meters per stroke/ if finished each round 1x

Weight floor:
    6 deadlifts
    8/10/12 each side lunge
    12 weighted hip bridge
    6/10/12 side plank pendulum
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @my4570, I use my apple watch to track my fitness.
    It gives me an idea of calories burn.
    When I go to Orangetheory, I burn about 500 cals. Do I eat it back? Not really.
    I just eat a balanced meal to meet the macros and enough to satisfy my hunger. I think it depends.
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    53, 5'5"
    CW: 139
    GW: 129
    Aug GW: 135

Goal 1: Drink more water
    Goal 2: Start body weight exercises at work 3x a week
    Goal 3: Walk at least 3 times a week at home.

8/3: 139 Today is my daughters birthday so, as requested, there will be Oreo Ice Cream cake! Probably won't weigh in tomorrow.
    8/5: 138.4 Finally going on vacation 8/14! I'm going to use that as motivation to stay on track for the next 9 days so I can have some fun and not worry about what I'm eating and drinking while i'm gone!
  • brooke9857
    brooke9857 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goals are
    1: Stick to my calorie limit for the day
    2: Eat as “healthy” as possible
    3: Exercise for at least a hour a day
    4: When I go over calorie limit exercise it off
    5: Drink tons more water
    6: And get to my next gw: 95!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    My goals this month:

04/08: 73.1 - I did resist the sugar temptation
    05/08: 73.0
    06/08: 72.7 - yeah baby :smiley:

@l4a_p : when I say staying off the sugar, I mean processed sugars like candy, icecream and processed foods like salami which surprisingly contains sugar. I will still eat fruits and yoghurt and drink milk.

@HoneyBadger155 : I hope you will be feeling better after some recup this month. However you look at it, Covid has had an influence on everyone, certainly at this time.

@weatherking2019 and @SummerSkier : you rock girls !! You keep inspiring us !

@my4570 : I usually eat back my cals unless it is a large amount. Let's say up to 500, I will do it; above that it's just an extra push towards my goals.