10 Day Aug 22-31 Rejuvenation

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
Hi Everyone!
My 1,000 Day tracking streak in MFP will be Aug 31, I think. I thought it could be fun & a good excuse to re-invigorate the last 1/3 of our August!!

Sooo.. Let’s begin tomorrow! Copy & paste below & tell us one thing (or more) that you did to lift your spirits, make yourself smile, Self-care, feel better, feel more centered, etc!

This will give each of us many new ideas of ways we can take care of ourselves❣️

Aug 22
Aug 23
Aug 24
Aug 25
Aug 26
Aug 27
Aug 28
Aug 29
Aug 30
Aug 31

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Got my dates wrong!
    I’ll hit 1,000 days Aug 30, so I’m beginning today!

Aug 21: I’ve set my 15 minute timer 3 times so far, Over an hour as I get so engrossed, (I don’t take a break to reset the timer right there on my wrist!!) playing with the magazine photos I’ve collected & sorted over the years, but now with the concept of backgrounds, main subjects, and elements. Also with a big focus on Focus or goal or message.

It’s a surprisingly intellectual & visual approach - with serendipity thrown in! Just the 3-part combo that I now recognize in hindsight is what I’ve already been drawn to!!

Things are getting worse here: air quality, fires, etc, but I’m happy in heart & mind in large part because of this activity.

Aug 22
    Aug 23
    Aug 24
    Aug 25
    Aug 26
    Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,832 Member
    Options
    Oh I am late and just saw this but I will see what I did yesterday.
    Sooo..

Tell us one thing (or more) that you did to lift your spirits, make yourself smile, Self-care, feel better, feel more centered, etc!

This will give each of us many new ideas of ways we can take care of ourselves❣️

Aug 22 we had a surprise rain/thunderstorm early in the morning. I opened all the windows and let the storm flow thru the house with the cool air for hours. My mandevilla is blooming so here is a photo for yesterday of what brings joy to my heart. This is from inside the house my front porch. There is a square window above the door and I have blue and clear xmas lights and the vines have taken over. I am waiting for the blue morning glories but I love the white/yellow star mandevilla. My good friend gave me the glass butterfly which catches the sun in the morning and I hung in the window.

3mdm8z6g7x76.png

Aug 23
    Aug 24
    Aug 25
    Aug 26
    Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30
    Aug 31

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Oh I am late and just saw this but I will see what I did yesterday.
    Sooo..

Tell us one thing (or more) that you did to lift your spirits, make yourself smile, Self-care, feel better, feel more centered, etc!

Aug 22 we had a surprise rain/thunderstorm early in the morning. I opened all the windows and let the storm flow thru the house with the cool air for hours. My mandevilla is blooming so here is a photo for yesterday of what brings joy to my heart. This is from inside the house my front porch. There is a square window above the door and I have blue and clear xmas lights and the vines have taken over. I am waiting for the blue morning glories but I love the white/yellow star mandevilla. My good friend gave me the glass butterfly which catches the sun in the morning and I hung in the window.

3mdm8z6g7x76.png

Aug 23
    Aug 24
    Aug 25
    Aug 26
    Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30
    Aug 31

Oooh ty @SummerSkier! Just lovely!
    I’m a big “fairy light” person, too. My Creative space has them entirely around the room (I put them up 3-4 years ago for a large, family Xmas gathering.) I remember my Dad saying: “This is really quite lovely!”
    Two days ago I learned a male friend of mine has lavender white & green fairy lights around Every room On the main floor of his new house!

I’m beginning to realize there are many of us out there

Love your glass butterfly too! I have made stained glass & fused glass art in the past - and hope yo return to it at some point!

Thank you for joining this little strand! I thought we could all use a little uplift at the end of the month!

Glad you are cooler 😎 hehe
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Aug 21: I’ve set my 15 minute timer 3 times so far, Over an hour as I get so engrossed, (I don’t take a break to reset the timer right there on my wrist!!) playing with the magazine photos I’ve collected & sorted over the years, but now with the concept of backgrounds, main subjects, and elements. Also with a big focus on Focus or goal or message.

It’s a surprisingly intellectual & visual approach - with serendipity thrown in! Just the 3-part combo that I now recognize in hindsight is what I’ve already been drawn to!!

Things are getting worse here: air quality, fires, etc, but I’m happy in heart & mind in large part because of this activity.

Aug 22 I have received a couple of packages with recyclable cardboard 3-D pyramids- I saved them. So I collaged bits of magazine photos on one side- carefully cutting round the edges with my exacto knife (good practice!) - they look good.
    Then I unhooked one so it was flat & poked holes around the circles on the sides & embroidered one side (mandala like) & wrapped thread & wispy yarn around the other. It was fun because I was experimenting- seeing what I could do with this new material - and Play.

I also worked on a “real collage”, watched a short video on a collage artist & began a online class I’ve been gearing up to do for awhile!!

Definitely happier when I spend some time doing these activities.

Aug 23
    Aug 24
    Aug 25
    Aug 26
    Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 (Maddie)

pyramids how unique. I am assuming those are spacers for something. I really haven't done anything crafty or artistic in a while (I don't count the recycling candles). No sewing or embroidering or such going on here. LOL. I would like to see a picture of your collage sometime Maddie? This is important that it makes you happy in heart and mind with the fires etc.. wow. 1000 days at the end of the month is really a wonderful milestone and I like that we have this thread to do a final August push! I put a note in the Aug I will thread to see if the others would mosey over too.

But I will tag them as well

@themedalist (Denise) hope that things are improving on the home front and you can check in.
    @texasgardnr (Mary) haha... got your name right finally!
    @nebslp please check in!
    @77tes I bet you have some good input for this thread for sure!

Aug 23rd : Today's self care? A little bit of sunbathing. Not too much but 15 minutes seems to help with my mood.

xswj8scnpzih.png

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,906 Member
    Options
    Maddie of 1,000 Days! Congratulations on hitting a major milestone @MadisonMolly2017 !

August 21 - Something that lifted my spirits - My oldest came for a short visit. ❤️
    August 22 - My daughters were singing and playing piano when I came in from my walk. They rarely play anymore. 😊 🎶
    August 23 - I’m feeling happy with how the snitch I’m adding to my granddaughter’s birthday skirt gsnnrsis9zzq.jpg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    Maddie of 1,000 Days! Congratulations on hitting a major milestone @MadisonMolly2017 !

August 21 - Something that lifted my spirits - My oldest came for a short visit. ❤️
    August 22 - My daughters were singing and playing piano when I came in from my walk. They rarely play anymore. 😊 🎶
    August 23 - I’m feeling happy with how the snitch I’m adding to my granddaughter’s birthday skirt gsnnrsis9zzq.jpg

Thank you!!
    @77tes oh my gosh - I LOVE your snitch!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Aug 22 I have received a couple of packages with recyclable cardboard 3-D pyramids- I saved them. So I collaged bits of magazine photos on one side- carefully cutting round the edges with my exacto knife (good practice!) - they look good.
    Then I unhooked one so it was flat & poked holes around the circles on the sides & embroidered one side (mandala like) & wrapped thread & wispy yarn around the other. It was fun because I was experimenting- seeing what I could do with this new material - and Play.

I also worked on a “real collage”, watched a short video on a collage artist & began a online class I’ve been gearing up to do for awhile!!

Definitely happier when I spend some time doing these activities.

Aug 23 collage play, stitching cardboard pieces together lol and (so far) 30 mins of my book 📚!! AND I texted w my kidney donor & has a long chat with my dad! #StayingPositive
    Aug 24
    Aug 25
    Aug 26
    Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Aug 24 Continued cardboard stitch project & leaf stitching project (jewel like) & created a band new collage. The first one of the 4 that I think I will actually glue down!!! (Also the first that I insisted that it needed to have a Center of Interest! Much better!! 😂

Really love stitching on the leaves. In tribute to the trees lost in the lightning-caused fires.

Aug 25
    Aug 26
    Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    so pray tell what is a Center of Interest? And when you are done with these creations where will they reside?
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 1000th day, @MadisonMolly2017 ! I am curious about the Center of Interest as well.
    Things that lift(ed) my spirits:
    August 21: My daughter and her children (ages 7 and 10) came to spend time before they go back to school and we have to start social distancing again. Hugs all around! My granddaughter wanted to look for the pair of juvie Great-Horned Owls so we went on a mule ride and were able to spot one before it flew back onto our place. She was also still up when I noticed the orange slice of a moon so we went out and she loved it. Also showed her 2 planets. Sharing my loves with my Gkids has been my dream since they were born so it was awesome.
    Aug. 22: My granddaughter actually made her own scrunchies with a little help from me. She usually doesn't want to sew but she did this trip and made 2 of them :) My grandson beat me at chess, twice! But I got him at checkers so I recovered. And my granddaughter was able to get a pretty good pic of one of the owls so she was thrilled.
    Aug. 23: I had a little pity party all day and was feeling so lonely after my company went home. What a waste of time!
    Aug. 24: I read part of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a ----. Super good for a mind reset. Then I went up and did some sewing. Got three more masks made for the (other) Gkids and finished a potholder and worked on my Sashiko panel. So happy about that!
    Aug. 25:
    Aug. 26
    Aug. 27
    Aug. 28
    Aug. 29
    Aug. 30
  • nebslp
    Options
    Love the pictures here! I’ll add one, too. 7teivq5p9ys7.jpeg
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    wow - you guys are so talented! My sewing skills are limited to repairing straps and fixing buttons. period. And threading the needle these days take my BIG CHEAT READERS! lol.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    so pray tell what is a Center of Interest? And when you are done with these creations where will they reside?

@SummerSkier
    Center of Interest is also sometimes called the focal point of a composition.
    So the teacher I learned this from, chooses a background and a center of interest (a person, building, horse etc.) Then she adds elements that conveys a message or story.
    So it could be where you ride Bandit as background, you riding in bandit as center of interest. Elements could be whatever you are drawn to. Riding paraphernalia, trees or flowers, something that conveys the live & trust between you too or the mutual care. Glue those on with maybe a cut our word or phrase & you’re done!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Congrats on your 1000th day, @MadisonMolly2017 !
    Thank you!

I am curious about the Center of Interest as well.

Answered in post above. Also called main subject or focal point!

My granddaughter wanted to look for the pair of juvie Great-Horned Owls so we went on a mule ride and were able to spot one before it flew back onto our place. She was also still up when I noticed the orange slice of a moon so we went out and she loved it. Also showed her 2 planets. Sharing my loves with my Gkids has been my dream since they were born so it was awesome.

This (Above) would make an awesome collage book - paper or fabric or both @nebslp !!!!!!!! I can just see it!!

Wow you guys did a LOT!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Love the pictures here! I’ll add one, too. 7teivq5p9ys7.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful work @nebslp!! I use those same clips and LOVE THEM!!!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,906 Member
    Options
    August 24 - watching a squirrel’s antics. Delightful!
    August 25 - dancing with my daughters and granddaughters. Utterly wonderful. I’m so lucky that they share my interest.
  • nebslp
    Options
    August 25: catching up with posts here was uplifting😍 In the evening I spent an hour outside, 30 min weeding and 30 min just taking in all the beauty of late summer.
    @77tes Dancing with family sounds wonderful. My daughter and I just watch the granddaughters dance, and they dance a lot! Next time we’re all together I’m going to join in and have them teach me the moves! But now with school on, I have no idea when the next time will be😥 Oh dear, now I need to find something uplifting to do!!!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 oh dear, I’m envisioning that collage book but there’s no more room in my brain for anything new right now! Another one of those “someday” ideas!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Aug 25 a truly lovely, cleaner-aired hike in some of my childhood stomping grounds with my husband. I can’t believe how much being able to get outside & move rejuvenated me! 🍃 🌳 🦅 🌸 ☀️

Aug 26 A 90 minute phone call with a dear artist friend. We both were so rejuvenated by the end of the call!! Grateful for her❣️

Aug 27
    Aug 28
    Aug 29
    Aug 30