Help...insomnia yet wired!

Options
Hi all. Newbie here. Day 6. Feeling pretty good except for insomnia. I feel wired (like I’m high on speed for lack of a better description). I feel exhausted but can’t shut off. Keeping up in my macros, TONS of water. Supplementing sodium, mag, and potassium. Any suggestions, thoughts or anyone w similar issues I’d love to hear.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My go-to nutrition supplements for that situation are magnesium, D, and licorice root.
  • rwlkinson81
    rwlkinson81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing! I've been doing keto for a few months, but the last few weeks, I haven't been able to sleep. I'm taking the same supplements, plus Vitamin D and a multi-vitamin. No coffee in the afternoon. Would love to know if others have experienced the same thing and how they overcame it. Please note-I've tried melatonin, but I don't have a good reaction to it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing the same thing! I've been doing keto for a few months, but the last few weeks, I haven't been able to sleep. I'm taking the same supplements, plus Vitamin D and a multi-vitamin. No coffee in the afternoon. Would love to know if others have experienced the same thing and how they overcame it. Please note-I've tried melatonin, but I don't have a good reaction to it.

Magnesium before bed. Some people feel that helps them. I take it for restless leg.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Magnesium before bed. Some people feel that helps them. I take it for restless leg.

Ugh. They've messed around with this thing for mods and it makes me unable to edit in Groups. I meant to say if the pills don't work, then try magnesium oil rubbed into your skin. There are herbal sleep supplements some find helpful. Some people take half a Benadryl. Back when I was keto, I had that insomnia as well. Nothing really was a miracle worker for me. Eventually it got to the point where I was able to fall asleep easier a few months in but I still slept less. Energy was still good though.