Diastasis Recti Support FB Page

FYI there is a closed group on FB that I've joined its called Diastasis Recti Support Group. It has over 500 members and I've been getting lots of support/advice, etc. Check it out. You just send a request to join and they will add you as a member

Replies

• mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    awesome!
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    very cool off to check it out...
  • This is amazing....I too only found out last week that I have this. I lost 24kg and got down to 11% body fat, was feeling awesome but then did notice my belly looking like I was pregnant every night - small hernia coming through as my belly button was poping out. i was so determined to work hard and was regaining my flexibility and doing of all things....back bends...and the usual like most others, crunches, burpees and the list goes on. I went to a physio who basically told me that was it for me as far as going to the gym and lifting heavy weights etc. This was a bad day for me as only a couple of weeks ago I decided to venture into the world of fitness comps and went to an ANB workshop to learn about figure/fitness comp. A girl there noticed my hernia and thats when I went to physio to query it. Not satisfied with her blunt demand of me having to stop !! I googled and googled and googled all darned night until I stumbled across the Tupler method. Found a local (well about 100km away) company in Melbourne who used this theory. So I am wearing my "corset" for the 3rd day today and doing my breathing etc diligently. I am so determined to believe in this as I do not want to go under the knife again....(3 c-sections is enough for me). Mine is 7 fingers at the top and five fingers at the base and very deep. I hope with every inch of myself that I can gain my abdominal core back and continue on my journey. If only I had known that I was doing all this damage with the more I was trying to get rid of it. It's amazing that it is so sheltered from us. Like it's something trivial....until it isn't!. :)