Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
8rx1i4uzyq0d.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

[Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,501 Member
    Options
    My name is Megan ...I am one of the motivators for this team .... I have absolutely love being on this awesome team ..I hope all of the newcomers will love it as much as I do ...I have struggled with my weight since after having kids... I have a 20 year old son...and a 14 year old daughter whom I home school (she has never been to a public school nor does she want to be) ...I love to support/encourage anyone on their journey's :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers September team chat! My name is Linda and I am on of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Mari @mari_moulin. We have 2 awesome motivators, Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970 and Ziortza @Marigorringo.

I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. I am planning a trip to Scotland in October for my granddaughter’s first birthday though I am pretty sure I will have to change my plans due to COVID-19. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2019. I have been with F2F since I started. I have lost 64 pounds so far and have another 60 to go. I count calories, faithfully log all my food and I do Intermittent fasting. For exercise, I mostly walk. I wanted to start going to the gym but my shoulder injury has flared up again. I started physio last month so hopefully the gym is in my future. This team helps me stay focused and I am excited to be sharing this process with all of you.

September goals
    1. Get back to walking daily
    2. 8000 steps daily
    3. No binge eating
    4. Lose at least 1 pound

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Mari will be posting more about this later

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge,
    recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to get started! I am Andrea and I am new to this team. I turned 49 in May and vowed to lose 50lbs by my 50th birthday and I am 8.9lbs down so far. My husband recently started Nutrisystem and it has been a game changer for me … no more temptations of take out or having to make big meals that are too good to pass up. I am originally from PA but I now live outside Phoenix, AZ where it has been the hottest summer that I have ever experienced. Today is our 34th day this year above 110*. Needless to say, there is no exercise outdoors as it's still over 100* throughout the evening. I have resorted to walking laps around my kitchen to get my steps in.

September Goals:
    1. Min of 7,000 steps/day (avg about 5,000/ day in Aug)
    2. 80oz water/ day
    3. Log every day
    4. Lose 5-7 lbs this month
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Nice to officially meet you Andrea .... congrats on your 8.9 lb loss that is fantastic ..... I use to live in Az. after I graduated H.S but came right back to Cali with an ex bf ... my sister lives in Scottsdale ....great goals you have there ... wishing you the very best :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    Thanks Megan :) I am on the west side in Litchfield Park. It's been a rough one this summer without any monsoon rain. My sister is in Cali and I love escaping to the ocean but it's been brutal there as well.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Amy and I’m new to this group. I’m 38, live in Alberta (Canada), married and have a 4 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. I have had a weight problem my whole life and have been up and down for as long as I can remember. I lost 50lbs at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 but I’ve gained more than 20 back :( I need to figure out a way to get this under control.

I eat low carb, and used to easily get 14,000 steps a day when I was in the office but now that I’m working from home I struggle to hit 10,000. My non-weight related goals for the month are:
    Get 10,000 steps per day
    No binge eating
    Stay under calories every day
    Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day

Excited to be here with you all!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am Nancy, I live in Illinois. My screen name is Scorpiogirl70.. Feel free to add me as your friend.

Yes, 1970 is when I was born and Scorpio will tell you it is in November that I will be turning the big 50. I am just trying to get healthy, with high blood pressure and borderline diabetic for YEARS, I figure 50 is a good a time as any, right?

I am amazed at how you all get so many steps in, maybe I am just too dang lazy? I'm lucky to get 2,000 in.
    Hoping to stay on track the month of September by loosing at least 5 pounds.

Goals/Planning:
    Plan to do the treadmill at minimum 3 times a week for a mile each time.
    Plan by the end of the month to be drinking 128 ounces of water daily.
    I have a couple days before September so I will be thinking about what I want to track.
    Any suggestions?

Also, I put in to weight in on Mondays, but should I do a weigh in on Sept 1?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome to this amazing group @AmyG1982 .....I too eat low carb/keto-ish.... You have some awesome goals there ...you got this :)

So good to see you here @ScorpioGirl70 ...I turn 50 in December ..... You can weigh in on Sept 1st if you would like ..then weigh in every Monday after that ...wishing you the very best Nancy :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hello all, I am Nancy, I live in Illinois. My screen name is Scorpiogirl70.. Feel free to add me as your friend.

Yes, 1970 is when I was born and Scorpio will tell you it is in November that I will be turning the big 50. I am just trying to get healthy, with high blood pressure and borderline diabetic for YEARS, I figure 50 is a good a time as any, right?

I am amazed at how you all get so many steps in, maybe I am just too dang lazy? I'm lucky to get 2,000 in.
    Hoping to stay on track the month of September by loosing at least 5 pounds.

Goals/Planning:
    Plan to do the treadmill at minimum 3 times a week for a mile each time.
    Plan by the end of the month to be drinking 128 ounces of water daily.
    I have a couple days before September so I will be thinking about what I want to track.
    Any suggestions?

Also, I put in to weight in on Mondays, but should I do a weigh in on Sept 1?

The September challenge starts on Sunday so your first weigh in will be on September 1st.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

September STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our September Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 30th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for August.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

So set yourself a daily step goal and see if you can increase it by the end of the month. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let us know you want to join by tagging Mari on a post using @mari_moulin.

She will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for her to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    One more new member coming your way! Welcome @Colleen1018 - and make her welcome they way you always do :heart:
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I’d like to join the step challenge please :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Count me back into the step challenge @mari_moulin :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awww I am sooo sorry for your loss Hugs ............We lost our German Shepherd Alexis in 2017 ...she was 13...she grew up with my daughter ...my daughter had never experienced a death ...it was so heart wrenching watching her cry hysterically
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    I would like to join the step challenge please, maybe this will motivate me to actually get some steps in.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @mari_moulin I would like to join the step challenge
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
This discussion has been closed.