Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited September 2020 in Social Groups
8rx1i4uzyq0d.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

[Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @raleighgirl09, and @Katmary71 who work very hard to keep the conversations going and are always willing to give advice and support!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    Please read the opening post so that you know how to correctly record your weigh-ins so that @broncobuddee can easily find you every week.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. Remember the purpose of joining a group like this is not only for accountability to a weigh-in but also because working towards our goals helps when we are surrounded by like-minded people. We are stronger together!!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our Habit Tracker and Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated. “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ―John C. Maxwell

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I'm 54-years-old and live in Georgia. I'm happily married to the love of my life and we are parents to our little fur diva, Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant at my small church. My current favorite past time is putting together jigsaw puzzles and listening to podcasts.

I’ve struggled with my weight most of my life with lots of ups and downs along the way. The one thing I have going for me is that I will NEVER give up!! Right now, I don’t belong to any particular diet plan. I have fully embraced the Intermittent Fasting lifestyle for over a year and feel like every day I get stronger and more determined to make this something I will do for the rest of my life. If you are interested in IF, I highly recommend Gin Stephen’s new book, “Fast, Feast, Repeat” and her podcast Intermittent Fasting Stories. I am also happy to talk with you at any time about IF because I am so passionate about this way of L*IF*E and I LOVE to talk! :grin: Working out is another part of my life that I still can’t believe I love. I work out in the privacy of my home and use Beachbody on Demand and walk on my treadmill.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hi Slimpossibles team!! A big WELCOME to our new members and hugs and high fives to the gang of familiar faces!! I'm one of the motivators along with @AustinRuadhain and @Katmary71, supporting the lovely Captain @TeresaW1020! I've been having a tough month keeping up (read - have not been!) with the posts and replies as life has been a bear. I'm looking to make September be one of more engagement in the group and less self absorbtion on the stresses and srains!

I'm 57, live in NC - part time at the coast in Morehead City and part time in central NC in Raleigh. I'm a calorie counter, although I tend to keep my carbs under 100 just because of the foods I like, I guess. Other than that, I don't have any real rules - I do what works, keep as low as I can when I'm really dedicated. But I do eat full fat, have half and half every day in coffee and have alcohol most days. We all do what works for us and that's all that counts... =>

I'm on my 2nd MFP go around - I saw a few folks also have been around awhile like @jazzagirl30 @bethB554 and @TwistedSassette. I did well with it a few years ago and got side tracked to regain the weight (UHhhhgain) but this time has been since the end of April 2019 and I'm close to goal weight. Maybe. I don't know - kinda up in the air on losing another 10lbs, but that's ok. I don't need to know everything today, just keep working on the mental side (life hack - it ain't about the food) and keep learning what habits I need to develop and keep to maintain the weight loss. I'm down about 130lbs from my highest and about 65lbs since April 2019.

@petrocoetsee I'm sorry to hear that COVID has been a catalyst in gaining... =< I had a bout of that when I was let go from my job in April, kinda spent the rest of April and well into May to be able to get out of it and get back on track. We're here for support and heaven knows we've all had set backs. YOU are the expert in knowing how to knowck out those 14kgs - what an amazing loss you have to date!!! You landed in a great spot among pals to get back to the goal!

@Katmary71 hey, cats are really good judges of character! Your Costco Sidekick must be an A-OK dude if he has feline approval! I love that you had a party for the cats, sounds like something I'd do! Hope your babies got their side treat later!! :D
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Or, maybe more like weekend check in or week check in!!

My water intake has been ok, it's on target for bare minimum of 8 glasses a day but I do better with weight loss and sticking to my plan at 12 to 16 glasses a day. Honestly, that could also be because I am more focused all the way around at those times, as well. Still - worth noting and keeping in mind. Calories are way up for almost 3 weeks, now. I think I'm kinda in a maintenance amount of calories and I've decided to be ok with it for now. I'm going to eventually start working on the toning, building some muscle and strength and be less concerned with a scales number and just work to stay in the same clothes. I don't know when but....yeah, I need to. Sleep has been good when I am really working toward that but I tend to stay up late when I'm just not paying attention. Walking has been good, and only 4 days in August under 10,000 steps, so far. Today is up in the air, still.... =>

I'm just getting my bearing over here - getting my walks in most days, working when I can and applying for jobs. Helping my Ma out... => @trooworld I think she and Jerry are at the stage where he can cook and she can do some side helping from the wheelchair at the table. I'm just letting them sort that out and I'll help them more if needed. Need to give them the opportunity to see what they can do. My Ma really does have a very good spirit about her - very positive, although she has some (understandable) depression going on. She's a retired nurse and has talked openly about it from a clinical perspective and then broken down in tears....from a human perspective. This has been so very hard for her and it breaks my heart, truth be told. She'll be ok and get through, she always does - just tough to watch.

@Tracey0088 I have been reading your posts and thinking about you and cheering you on, over here! I love that you have such a positive spirit and a really admirable streak of determination! We share the 'all or nothing' gene, putting forth the energy and pouring on the after burners....and yeah, it can sometimes bite ya in the butt. But we need to keep it and hone it, because it really is useful in getting us to goals and getting us back on track. I think the key is how we handle starting to slip down the hill some. I think from April of 2019 to now, what I've learned is that the slips don't define me and I can decide 10 seconds after a slip to stop it and be ok. I can be ok with coming back from that kinda slowly and even if it takes me a week or two (or whatever), the opportunity for improvement is not gone. And sometimes it's a slow recovery but the joy and success is that no matter how slow, I can recover and be ok. I don't have to give up or give in - and I see you also didn't. Awesome..... =>
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @jazzagirl30 So happy to have you on our team!! Congrats on the weight loss you have had so far and I am sure that you are going to meet your goal. What sort of exercise do you enjoy doing? I’ve gotten into doing more weight lifting this last year and still can’t believe that I like it so much. :)

@BethB554 Hi Beth, welcome to the team! You definitely have a busy household. I just moved my mom in with us a few months ago so I understand the challenges but fortunately, her health is still fairly good and now that I have her doing intermittent fasting it’s even better. That is super cool about starting your own web design business! I am in charge of the upkeep of my church’s website and always feel like I’m barely keeping myself from breaking the whole thing. :grin: Oh, you are much more podcast aware than I am! So far, all mine are IF focused. Today, I binged The D.I.E.T Podcast with Dr. Bert Herring who wrote “The Power of Appetite Correction.” I will have to check out the ones you listed. :)

@TwistedSassette Hi Christie! I’m so happy to have you on the team. Your little boy is so cute! I look forward to getting to know you better. :)

@Katmary71 Sounds like you had a good workout yesterday. Yeah, I couldn’t have cocoa powder around. I already drink too much coffee!! :grin

@petrocoetsee Welcome to the Slimpossibles! COVID has hurt so many of us in our weight loss journey, but you are here and it sounds like you are determined to turn to get back to the healthy habits that you now work. :)

@trooworld Wahoooo I am celebrating your loss with you! Yeah, it’s not where you want but it’s going back down and that is why we are doing the happy dance. Now just keep it up this week! B)

@raleighgirl09 Ahhh I know that number made you mad. But I also know that you know what to do to get it off if that is what you want. I really think we get way too caught up in the number on the scale. Even though I am completely focused on it myself. My IF guru, Gin Stephens tells a story of how she hadn’t been weighing and she got into a size 4 pants and just couldn’t believe it so she got on the scale firmly expecting it to be under 130 and it was 135. She was so mad that she chucked her scale out the window and hasn’t stepped on one with numbers in over 5 years. She now uses a numberless scale called My Shapa scale. I have it bookmarked for the day that I am finally in maintenance and can say good-bye to numbers. Check it out! ;)https://www.myshapa.com/how-it-works

Hi Team! I am done for today. I got up and did a Pilates workout and then spent the rest of the day deep cleaning my house. Somewhere along the way, I decided I should rearrange all my knick-knacks and now I hate everything I own and just want to chuck it all and go shopping. DH says no and to put it back the way it was. :D I’ve been thinking about my September goals and what I want to accomplish. I am really disappointed in myself for not reaching the goal I set for myself. I did lose 1.9 pounds this month but I’m also 3.2 lbs away from my goal to be in Onderland. So, I move forward and make Onderland my September goal.
    Steps that I plan to take to reach that goal are:
    1. No wine in September. I will miss Wine Friday but it has to go for now.
    2. Workout 6 days a week for at least 45 minutes.
    3. Fast clean 5 days a week 21 hours or more, two days a week at least 18 hours.
    4. Start a carb cycling eating program. I think I need to drop the carbs but I don’t want to go back to Keto so I’m going to see how this plan with work for me.
  • jazzagirl30
    jazzagirl30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks @TeresaW1020 I generally enjoy cardio everyday usually the treadmill now that I am back into exercising and doing a weighted workout. I plan to do some pilates at home with my daughter so we can go to a workshop on a Saturday morning.

@raleighgirl09 great to see you are having a go again. You have done the hardest part getting started. I really like the idea of everyone motivating each other on the group challenge I reckon it will keep us on track with our goals :smile:
  • raleighgirl09
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If ever there was a reason to keep data - log the food and have a way to track and graph the input and output of energy - this is it, see below. Cals have been way up....... =< I know it and I'm ok with it, i.e., I own it. Very impactful to**SEE** it. And - I know the "deficit" here is not an indication of what to expect, numbers wise. It never is but I'm ok with that, too. It's consistent and that's really what I need.

znjxvpv3ui12.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @petrocoetsee Hi Petro, welcome to the group! I love this group and my daily check-ins help keep me on track, I hope you find it as good for you.

@raleighgirl09 I hope you're able to check in more, I miss your cheerful self! Maintaining sounds like a good idea, I'm finding sticking with that for now is working best for me. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with staying at a spot until ready to start battling again. Heck, just maintaining and keeping up workouts and healthy eating is a battle, it never stops!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Love your quote! I need to copy you and think of my September goals. You can probably guess I'm an all-or-nothing chick too, I'm trying hard to work on it but it's pretty ingrained at this age!

Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, chakra meditation, earth energy meditation, housework
    Water- great!

Nothing much new, I ran by my brother's house and my nephews had me beaming ear-to-ear by arguing with me over who loved who more. I love those little stinkers, they definitely don't get the mushy gene from my side of the family and sure know how to use it on my parents and I!
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This week's weigh-in (my first!)
    Username hilogirl2018
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): N/A
    CW (Current Weight): 145.4
    LTD (Loss to Date): N/A

A couple of weeks ago, I was at 141, sigh. Having trouble finding my patience with the process this time around. Hoping this challenge helps me focus. I am really tired and am posting this late, but I will write a proper intro and check in on everyone's progress tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.