Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I stayed on track today! Despite our healthy dinner not working out (meat was bought from a local butcher 5 days ago and was no longer fresh). Plan B was Wendy's, but aside from the zero nutritional value, it wasn't bad calorically. I lost 30 lbs last year eating fast food several times a week, and know how to order. Feeling more confident about the rest of the weekend after getting through today. Hope you all had a good day as well!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I'm so sorry to hear about your pain and doctor, it's so frustrating not to be heard. I think so many times when we come in with complaints even if they're legit doctors don't understand how severe it can be unless they've gone through it themselves. It takes a rare, empathetic doctor to truly care and that's hit or miss.

Saturday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, meditation
    Calories- right at
    Water- good

I spent most the day doing what was supposed to be a short amount of homework, my brain is so fried between that and pain I have the giggles. I have to dive back in because after I devoured the last class and loved it I discovered I was supposed to have done a workbook to turn in for all the work I just did and didn't save, grr! Cutting back my workouts to improve my pain but no luck so far.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Sept 2020 Sunday
    PW 137.7lbs (62.5kg)
    CW 136.9lbs (62.1kg)

Lost - just. Been hovering the same weight but as I took a long 10mile (4hr) walk yesterday it meant I lost some weight.

Ate lots of carbs, including a fish and chip lunch also sushi lunch this week.

Ate lots of chocolate on Monday but not the rest of the week. I just wanted the sweet taste and didn't enjoy eating chocolate that's real cocoa.

My tummy feels less unsettled as I'd not been eating restaurant food this week.

It's my birthday tomorrow. My goal is to not over eat as usually I see food and eating a treat. Instead I'll just have a coffee. But its hard to resist treats. I want to bug sone fudge at the seaside trip tomorrow

GOALS
    1. Eat mackerel and broccoli every dinner
    2. Walk every afternoon for 30 mins before dinner
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thanks. My doctor, he's always just been meh, never seemed to really listened to me or heard my concerns. His answer is always to blame my weight even if I go in with something random like a broken toe, it's always my weight that caused it. I never have felt a connection with him and my gut told me a long time ago to switch but I thought I could put up with him. It's time for him to go!

@apple852hk Happy birthday!

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, eat homemade food, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    ou9puiavi41s.jpg
    dn6ioguzkyab.png
    msmhtcyx3amc.png
    w7pr3lt7i6pw.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.43%
    2nd Mission Slimpossilbes 0.37%
    3rd Trimstones 0.612%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 22.3 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 21.5 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 7.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @onward1 3.78 %
    2nd @mmclatchy 3.02%
    3rd @Zumba_Luvah 2.89 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @mmclatchy 7.0 Lbs
    1st - 2 @BethB554 7.0 Lbs
    2nd @PlaneMonkey 6.2 Lbs
    3rd @onward1 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @wwood008
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @lovethyneighbor
    @kandi3570
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    @KelGen02
    @Jax_Grim
    @happimess01
    @AmyG1982

plylx78gj60i.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    Options
    The Week 2 Challenge is up! This week is an exercise focus, so tie your shoes and let's go!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10809445/week-2-challenge-fitness-spelling-bee/p1?new=1
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Well - yesterday I pulled a @katmary71 and wrote a long post only to lose it!! Argh! And was having a bit of a bad day anyway and struggling to feel in a decent mood so, probably ok. =>

Friday, Saturday and today have been progressively better, managing fewer calories and more in a losing than a maintenance range so that's good - and doing that steadily downward so I don't feel deprived or shocked in the system by it (baby steps, even on day 199,830 of the weight loss journey, or at least how it feels!). Sleep has been better for several nights in a row, at least 7 hours - I do feel livelier! Water stands pretty steady at the bare minimum of 8 glasses a day. It's the minimum so I need to be ok with and if not - raise the minimum. How wishy-washy to make the target and be not satisfied! Weird!

Congrats to everyone who remained in the green and those who lost weight! @BethB554 @vegan4lyfe2012 and @GabiV125 you guys are ROCKIN' it with the dedication of your goals and plans!! And there are so many life instances for everyone - sending especially good vibes to @BethB554's daughter for health and inner peace. You guys are showing us what it looks like to NOT EAT our way through tough times. We know it has not been easy but so worth it... =>

@TeresaW1020 wow girl, you are really moving that needle, too! So proud of you in your dedication and steadfast resolve to find *the* way, find *YOUR* way! We are right here on the side lines cheering you on!

@katmary71 and @trooworld I am thinking of you guys and sending the virtual hugs and SlimsVibes for getting through some tough health challenges... <3

@Hilogirl2018 so awesome and amazing that you wrangled your day....while it was still the same day! Can you talk a little about what your strategies were to be on/stay on track on a day when it feel like you were holding up a 500 pound wall...? I know, not your words, but you really did a great job in facing and conquering when you knew ahead of time that it was going to be difficult.

@jazzagirl30 @davors19 and @digger61 yay, what great weigh ins, guys - keep at it, you're doing well and adding to the overall goal! =>

@cornanda thinking about you, Lady, hang in there and see what small steps you can take tomorrow to inch your way to getting back to productive habits. <3

@Apple852hk this may not have been as much as you wanted but you're headed in the right direction! And I'm wondering - is there a way for you to make chocolate an every day thing? It seems important to you and I wonder if it's possible to just fit it into the daily plan and allow the energy of *not eating chocolate* go in a different direction...? Call me woohoo and crazy, I'm just thinking out loud!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Just dropped in to catch up and didn't realize I never gave my weigh-in this week...Sorry Tribe!!

I'll get it in first thing Tuesday. I remember popping in Tuesday night while here at work and I guess I didn't type a darn thing and got distracted. I didn't lose or gain but I was able to actually go to Planet Fitness and workout for a couple hours Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. I'm looking for a loss for my WW weigh-in tomorrow.

I'll do better, promise!!

I hope everyone in the US has a lovely Labor Day tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm finally caught up on the intro posts and ready to do my own. I'm hilogirl2018, I'm 40 and I'm trying to the lose 20 pounds I already lost last year. Guess when and how I regained it? Yep, during quarantine, when I insensibly ate anything I wanted, all day long. I actually lost a total of 30 pounds last year, so at least I'm rejoining MFP before the last 10 creeped back on.

I'm disappointed in myself BUT trying to be gentle because it's a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic, and while that doesn't give me license to free range snack all day (as I've regrettably discovered), it does mean I can forgive myself for not handling the stress perfectly.

So back to what works:
    (1) IF with a 12-8 window
    (2) logging calories
    (3) daily accountability check-ins
    (4) rooting for others sharing the same goals (which is why I joined this group).
    (5) daily weigh-ins
    Turns out 3/5 of my proven successful strategies involve MFP! I don't work out because I have some mobility issues, but I am going to try to start fitting in some toning this time around.

Excited to jump in here and get to know you all!

Hi, your post is a summary of my current position. I picked up ±14kg (±30lb) during our lockdown period. I managed to loose 4kg again, but I am struggling to get back to my pre-covid life/routine. I will hold your hand if you, and all the other members on this group, could please kick my butt into shape
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Weigh in petrocoetsee
    7 Sept 2020 Monday
    PW 97 kg (214lbs)
    CW 94.3kg (208lbs)
    Loss: 2.7kg (6lbs)
    I had a bad tummy bug last week. Started the Sunday night and came and went and came back again during the week. I am still cramping, but it is a lot better.
    Weight loss not really due to my efforts, but accepted and welcomed anyway o:):)
    Ony managed to exercise 1 day last week. Hope to get back into the swing of things from today onwards.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    @petrocoetsee I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Way to go on exercising one day last week when you weren't feeling bad, that's hard to do!

Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, meditation, earth energy healing, resistance band arms, stretching
    Calories- under

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thank you!

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, eat homemade food, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW 189
    CW 190.8
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 2
    SW: 345.4
    PW: 334.5
    CW: 330.4

It's been a busy start to the month. I met and exceeded last month's swimming goal. I wanted to average 49 minutes a day, and I averaged 52 even though I missed 8 days. I have set a new goal for this month: an average of an hour a day. This weekend I've done 1:33, 2:03, and 1:20 because I missed some time earlier in the week because of weather and because my daughter had her senior photos. I'm hoping that the weather holds and lets me keep things up for the rest of the month.

I've also started PT for my shoulder. That's going ok. I'm usually pretty sore afterwards, but I hope it gets better.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 2
    SW: 345.4
    PW: 334.5
    CW: 330.4

It's been a busy start to the month. I met and exceeded last month's swimming goal. I wanted to average 49 minutes a day, and I averaged 52 even though I missed 8 days. I have set a new goal for this month: an average of an hour a day. This weekend I've done 1:33, 2:03, and 1:20 because I missed some time earlier in the week because of weather and because my daughter had her senior photos. I'm hoping that the weather holds and lets me keep things up for the rest of the month.

I've also started PT for my shoulder. That's going ok. I'm usually pretty sore afterwards, but I hope it gets better.

@buniphuphu WOW this is awesome!! Great weigh in, great goal setting/meeting - fabulous pool time! WOOT!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday (FUNday holiday!!) check in

So, yesterday and today, I got in a nearly 10 mile bike ride! My sweet spot is closer to 20 miles and hitting 20ish would be a total workout for me. Hubby is less enthusiastic for wearing out his behind on the seat, and that's ok - I do it to be with him as much as exercise! I'll take a walk later to get the steps - I was going to this morning like yesterday morning but I totally wanted a lazy morning. Coffee, computer and quiet - nirvana.

Water and cals are on track today - as is exercise and steps if I take a walk later this early evening, which is the plan. Sleep was good, just over 7 hours. Feeling in control (comfortably, versus tenuously) of the plan and how it's going. I feel like after several weeks of being off the path, I'm back on it. Just in time for.....what?....see next paragraph!! B)

I'm planning for a girl's trip in a week and a half, going to an AirBNB for a friend's 60th. Several surprises for her to include her daughter popping in (they share a birthday!) and we have gathered gifts and messages from friends all over the US to bring to her and enjoy a big birthday bash, despite COVID. The place has a pool - I won't get near @buniphuphu time for exercise in the pool but I'll float around and get wrinkled and pruny.....does that count???? Haha!

Food, of course, will happen. My part of this tribe is the chef of savory. Over the course of a few days, I'm making a giant grains-based salad and warm feta dip with naan, an amazing chicken parmesan and a shrimp and grits to make ya smack yo' mamma! The birthday girl is a master baker and chef of sweet - macarons will happen, as will the deepest of choco ice creams and salted caramel and fudge. Third pal is doing a fabuLOHSO birthday cake and bringing the stuff for a fabo pimento cheese. So - all of these things will happen and I expect a gain because I will be indulging. I'm also going to walk and exercise and work to be mostly reasonable. Portion control, not eating to stuffage and pain, reasonable breakfasts and lunches. I'm working on my inner conversation about it now and getting myself mentally prepared.

Part of the mental prep is from another angle. The 'fishbowl' angle. I'm the one who has lost a bunch of weight - and 3 of the other 4 gals, while they know this, have not seen me in several months. There is some pressure and strain....being the one person who has managed to make serious life changes and transform a body. When this type of scenario first happened to me years ago, it was almost frightening in the intensity of others' curiosity and outright staring and review of my actions to see what I was doing. Like being in a zoo. People don't mean for it to be that way, and certainly this speaks to me and my perception and perspective as much as anything else. Still - it's there and that's how it feels. Maybe it won't be as intense...because it's not unfamiliar or because I've gotten more used to it...? I dunno, just want to be prepared for it, in case.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Ohhh I loved reading about your friend's upcoming birthday bash and all the plan and food that will happen! Sounds incredible and you are going to have so much fun. I hope that you won’t feel like you are in a fishbowl and that you will feel comfortable and that your friends will just let you be you. Can’t wait to hear how it all goes! :)

@buniphuphu GREAT weigh-in this week!! B) You are doing great with goals. I hope your shoulder starts feeling better from the PT very soon. I’m having shoulder issues that I can’t seem to figure out how to fix.

@Cornanda Just start slowly with what you can, and that ship will turn around! <3

Hi everyone! It’s been a busy couple of days. Yesterday was church and then DH and I went furniture shopping for a new chair and credenza. We aren’t buying until next month, so this was just a research mission. Today, I started my new workout program that is called 10 Rounds. It’s a six-week program through Beachbody that focuses on boxing and weightlifting. I am very uncoordinated, but it was still lots of fun and I seriously got sweaty. Three days are boxing days and two days are weightlifting days. I will take one day off and walk on my treadmill the other day. My low carb eating is going pretty well. I have really been trying to watch my carb intake so that some days will be super low, and others will be higher. Today I fasted for 21 hours. Tomorrow I’m going to try to shake it up and push to 23 or 24 hours. If I can’t that is OK, but it’s good to try once in a while so my body doesn’t get used to the same routine. :)
This discussion has been closed.