Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    I have been absent, too, though thinking of people here. A combo of issues getting on, juggling extra family stuff, start of school year and just generally pulling things back together after the Big Project. And this is a great conversation, and I am thrilled to get to check in here, and read all your different stories.

@TwistedSassette
    Great weigh-in! Congratulations!
    Hurray to both exercise and calories under most days! Keep up the great work!

@jazzagirl30
    Hurray! Great weigh-in! And despite the time crunch around school -- impressive!

@TeresaW1020
    HUGE congratulations on this week's weight loss! Onederland is just around the corner! We are getting the virtual confetti ready!
    I hope you are enjoying the wedding today!
    Your story about looking at your weight log for the first half of the year, deciding to finish the year strong, and focusing on daily choices is super inspiring!
    I have to skip yogurt, but am definitely feeling like it's time for something pumpkin flavored!

@trooworld
    Yay to the relaxing and the hot bubble bath. Hot baths are the best. I have lived without indoor plumbing, and every so often I remember to feel grateful! I was feeling it last night -- hot Epsom salts bath.
    What dance video did you end up doing? (I should add to my list!)

@petrocoetsee
    Your check-in note was so lovely.
    A big yes to the power of this conversation. We are all in so many places, and it is always great to catch up, even when we are not chiming in.
    " a roof over my head, food in my cupboards, loving family and friends" - What a great reminder. I have had points in my life where I was short on most of these things, and it is great not to take them for granted.

Also -- it is so fun getting the reminder of seasons differing throughout the world. It is starting to think about being fall where I am. We had a cold snap for a few days -- temperatures down to 24C/75F. Now it's back up to 33C/90F, but that is still a drop from the high summer heat of a couple of weeks ago.
    Which reminds me that the first Halloween decorations in our neighborhood on last night's walk. I have never seen anyone put up Halloween decorations this early, so I am thinking someone's feeling extra restless with all the staying home?

@Katmary71 - Oh, my. I am so sorry about the class and health issues all at the same time. It is super great that you have help in working on your health care. It is so great you have a great ally. You deserve it, and it so great you too the action to get that assistance. You always give back so much in the ways that you can.
    I hope things are being manageable today.

@raleighgirl09
    Did you get out and walk a bit? Even if you aren't hitting the step numbers you want, every step counts!

And, reflecting more on @petrocoetsee's check-in note and the idea of steps and supporting my husband around mobility and getting things done, I am reminded to be grateful for all that is working about my body. It's not the young pretty body I want when I look at magazines, but here I am. able to walk (which was a big problem for me in 2018).

@Cornanda
    You are a super awesome encourager as well!
    A big yes -- I agree with you on @petrocoetsee's check-in note being so powerful.
    You are the most inspiringly determined person. Here's to that better week you are creating for yourself!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! No, no weekend plans, just trying to keep safe and healthy (the usual post-COVID weekend plans lol). About the only time I ever do anything is when I go over to my brother-in-law's apartment for a small family event (4 people). We'll probably do that for my birthday in a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to that. I've been pretty isolated other than that! You are soooo close to Onederland, it's totally possible you will get there in September! :D I hope you had fun at the wedding today.

@AustinRuadhain Yeah about that bubble bath...didn't happen yet! BUT I'm going to have one tonight. It's just been too hot. :( I'm so grateful the bathroom is almost done (just need lights!)! Yes to Epsom salts. I bought some lavender Epsom salts to add to my bath. I didn't end up doing the dance video either. :( Just been one of those weeks...

Hi all! Yesterday I had such good intentions. I ended up going to 3 different grocery stores to get groceries which took more out of me than I thought. Then I made these "Everything Cheese Coins" which are like thick cheese crackers. I *should* have started my day with exercise but the logistics didn't work out. By the time I got all of this done, I was too tired to exercise and it was too hot for a bubble bath. It was veg-on-the-couch city time. Today hasn't been much better.

Friday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Exercise- I do it first thing when I wake up which is something I thought I'd never do! I used to do it before dinner when I rode my exercise bike then started going late afternoon to the gym a few times a week. Last summer on vacation I'd have to get up super early if I wanted to hit my uncle's gym and I found I actually liked it, I wake up pretty fast and as soon as I listen to a favorite song or two I'm fired up. These days of YouTube workouts I get my coffee, check on MFP to see what's up in my feed, then drink my iced coffee while doing arm cardio, strength, and yoga. I then go outside and meditate and garden. It's a great way to start the day. And I was a night owl before I changed my diet and exercise!

Hilogirl, I can't remember if I posted my entire arm cardio playlist originally, here's that followed by seated cardio followed by dance then all my low impact exercises. Feel free to ask specifics! KymNonStop is my favorite as far as seated workouts go plus she's not as annoying as the rest of them. It's not organized for the most part, sorry about that!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Exercise- Kundalini yoga, chakra healing, arm cardio, dance, gardening, earth energy healing, abs
    Calories- under
    Steps- 6,770 (I'm trying not to let it being under 10,000 bug me!)

Went to my brother's house for my Dad's birthday, talk about tough! DO I want wine? Sure! Cake, chocolate cupcakes, onion dip, ice cream? Heck yeah! And pass those fries too! I stayed strong because I'm on a diet for pain yet my pain is worse. Hm, make any sense to you? Me neither! But I stayed strong and ate fruit for dessert. I just channeled all my pain anxiety into being a dork with my nephews and making sure my dad had a good night while I sat like a bum with my legs elevated in the corner. It was great to see everyone and I love my family but it takes a lot of energy to deal with people, it's hard to explain, but it feels good to be back home.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks for the birthday wishes!

How did your goals goes this week? Did you eat a homemade meal, which one was your favourite?
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Sept 2020 Sunday
    PW 136.9lbs (62.1kg)
    CW 135.8lbs (61.6kg)

Lost - only a pound lost but considering this was my birthday week, I could have over indulged. I ate a birthday cake slice every day until Friday. So not bad.

Thankfully I've not been feeling like I hungry. I've had lasagne 3 days in a row at the beginning of the week but I practised portion control so not big portions.

Started eating rice, small portions but I need to walk over 1 hour a day to not gain weight.

Went for a long walk on Friday for 8.8 miles not the usual 10miles.

Brought some fresh fudge for my birthday but not devoured it yet. Meaning I don't have cravings. Maybe as I'm eating such had such high fat food like cheese I'm not hungry as much.

Started eating mackerel for the past two meals. It is so tasty.

Only managed to walk in the afternoon before dinner meal on Wed, Thu and Fri. Need to try and walk every evening.

GOALS
    1. Eat mackerel and broccoli every dinner
    2. Walk every afternoon for 30 mins before dinner

Have a good week ahead🥰
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Glad you were finally able to get on MFP. I think many people are having an issue. I’m determined to have a good week to so let’s make it happen together!! :)

@AustinRuadhain Glad to see you checking in. You are missed when we don’t have your uplifting and encouraging posts. Yes, I am getting closer to that magical Onderland and it is going to happen! So get that confetti ready to fly! B)

@Hilogirl2018 Great weight loss this week! Keep up your awesome effort and you will get to that goal! :)

@trooworld I think I need that recipe for cheese crackers! :grin:

@Katymary71 That video dancing to the Pussycat Dolls song is so fun to watch! The girl Deja who is in the 30-minute dance video is one of the girls in my 10 Rounds program. She is the one I watch for keeping up with the moves. Great job on staying strong at your brother’s house and I really hope your new plan will start giving you some real results for your pain management. :)

@apple852hk Losing a pound on your birthday week is amazing and you should be super happy! B)

Good morning! Hubby and I went to the wedding of one of my co-workers yesterday. It was a sweet ceremony and we had a really good time. My weight did bounce up this morning, but I expected that with the higher carbs that I ate and all the sweet tea that I drank. Today, I am planning to eat really low carb and drink a ton of water. OK, I gotta go ready for church! o:)
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Late weigh-in. Sorry I couldn't access Community on the Desktop. Realized I could get in using app.

Thursday
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 162.3
    CW: 163.0
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    s5qjyi6eai7y.jpg
    8lt0peqji5p8.png
    wkxy2g2dce9k.png
    7p7uvga6jp01.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.41%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.32%
    3rd Downsizers 0.30%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 20.4 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 16.0 Lbs
    3rd Downsizers 14.8 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @RaeWats 3.77 %
    2nd @draby2011 2.31%
    3rd @petrocoetsee 2.76 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @RaeWats 7.7 Lbs
    2nd @petrocoetsee 5.9 Lbs
    3rd @draby2011 5.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Hilogirl2018
    @lindamtuck2018
    @schlerin
    @raleighgirl09
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @wwood008
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @izzyred9400
    @mainebeachbum
    @kilobykilo

qkw63zg32fni.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

3yv8hcuhp40d.png
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    As a team we are doing pretty good. As a member, I need to pull my weight , excuse the pun, a little better. This week I coasted, with uneven exercises , better eating (than before) and some weird and time/nerves consuming work projects.
    Tonight I’ll have a drink, it’s neighborhood happy hour, draw a line under this week and start fresh tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.