Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @TerrsaW1020 - Congratulations !!!!🎈🎉🎊
    You’ve exceeded your expectations by an entire pound!
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 hi there! I live in Southern CA - about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. Looks much better outside although I didn’t think it was a good idea to start walking outside still. I did, however, get my butt on the bike at least🥺. I just realized that I’ve been doing this for about 7 weeks and if I stuck to it, I could’ve lost at least 7 lbs. I’m hoping to get back on track and not get side-tracked by good food🤣😂
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team!! I just wanted to come on and share my awesome news. I finally made it to Onderland!! B) I'm still in shock and also very mindful that I have to continue on my plan or I won't stay in this magical land.

Please excuse my sorry looking toes! :#

Well done! It is an awesome feeling! Don't aplogise for your toes, they are the best ones you have :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 nice loss! Fishing sounds like fun, just being in nature right now is amazing. I hope you have a great time!

@TeresaW1020 YEAH!!!! WOOT WOOT! Congratulations! What are you going to do to celebrate, this is huge! I'm so happy for you, you've been working your tail off!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- cardio, 1 dance song, abs, stretching, Kundalini yoga, chakra healing
    Steps- 6,000

Lazy day, I need to get back in the swing of things as my book came for the class I'm three weeks behind in, I have some serious cracking down to do!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 No, it's anxiety. I get up every 30 minutes for the first 4 hours thinking I have to go to the bathroom (I don't). I try to tell myself to stay in bed but telling myself to stay in bed makes me wake up because then I am thinking.

@TeresaW1020 I'M SO FRIGGIN' HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hello all. I talked to my doctor and they prescribed me something to try for my sleep problem. I hope it helps. Have a good day, everyone!

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Good morning Team!! I just wanted to come on and share my awesome news. I finally made it to Onderland!! B) I'm still in shock and also very mindful that I have to continue on my plan or I won't stay in this magical land.

Please excuse my sorry looking toes! :#

9yx492s5cpo9.jpg

And this is my quote for the day!! B)

syyshub3otx3.jpg

@TeresaW1020 I am so incredibly proud of you - so incredibly happy for you!! You have fought - and scrapped - but never gave up. You did the all-important self-assessments and make choices and planned actions that have paid off.

This is what success looks like. One day and minute at a time. One decision - at a time. I have tears in my eyes for this most wonderful moment for you. From you, to you.

WAY. To go. =>

Maria

• Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Prayers, I'm thinking of you! Baby steps! I felt better when I started Paleo, I think both not eating a lot of simple carbs and grains helped a lot with cravings, I'd been going nuts bingeing before that.

@raleighgirl09 Can't wait to hear about your weekend! Ooo, I want to see your tattoo, go for it!

Thursday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, dance, arm resistance bands, stretching/yoga/meditation, earth energy healing
    Calories- over

Didn't do the best today, I decided to go to the farmer's market for heirloom tomatoes since I haven't had a good large tomato all summer and it flared me up pretty bad. DIdn't help that I tried to add back in beans and legumes and had lentils for lunch, felt like someone tied my digestive system into a pretzel! I cared but didn't (definitely no gluten but was tempted!) and tried a couple things as I was craving sweets but everything is too sweet! I swore that would never happen but it's been 2 months with only fruit for sweets, I usually eat people's icing! SO, nothing to stuff myself with, I need to go grocery shopping and I definitely wasn't going to eat more lentils. I ended up eating a potato. And I had stopped taking an anti-inflammatory I just started because of course THAT can cause digestive problems so now I aside of lentils I won't know what's causing what. Not ALL the way back to the beginning but I backslid a bit! A few people ask why I'm even eating this way when I don't feel much better, I honestly think the only reason I did is the steroids and because I'm doing way less physically, if it's anything with diet it's taking forever to tell a difference as I'm still super bloated. Now bloated and gassy, I'm a hot mess! Not sure what I'll do about groceries tomorrow, I'm going to see how I feel when I get up.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @petrocoetsee I am smiling with you and your great week! Keep it up!! B)

@Katmary71 Sorry that you had a flare-up. I know how much you love eating the foods you like and it sucks that they are causing you pain. I work with a girl who has severe allergies and has had a very hard time figuring it all out. She is going on the autoimmune protocol diet to try to figure out what is triggering her. Is that the diet you are supposed to be doing as well? I couldn’t remember. :/

@raleighgirl09 Thanks friend for your sweet words! I know you understand how I’m feeling and it’s pretty stinking awesome!! I hope you hear good news from your interview that you aced. *fingers crossed* I hope you have the BEST time at your birthday bash and you better give us a pic if you get a tattoo. :grin:

@gwamajtw91 That is soooo irritating that you still can’t get on. I hope it gets fixed soon! Sending good vibes right back to you. <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 I have been where you are so many times, and I know all about sneaking and eating foods that you shouldn’t. Sugar is a drug and for many of us and it’s really no different than a hard-core drug addict. You have to go to war, and as a fellow Christian, I pray that you will take it to God and let Him direct your path. I know that He is the one that directed me towards the lifestyle that is working for me. I have a good friend named Kimberly Taylor, who runs a website called Take Back Your Temple. Maybe you can read some of her writings or listen to her podcast and find encouragement. You will be in my prayers. <3

@trooworld I hope that the new meds will help you sleep! How is the new diet coming along? :)

Good morning! Well, my weight bounced back up a little but that doesn’t surprise me. I have never had a big loss where I don’t go back up and then I will go back down. Just have to stay the course. I lost 3.6 lbs this week and for me that is AMAZING!! It’s clear that going lower carb is right for my body. Maybe Keto would be even better but that wasn’t sustainable for me when I did it last time, so I’m sticking to carb cycling for now. I have a staff party this weekend and will eat all the things so the next two days I will be super careful. Plus, the weather is changing and it’s almost time to pull out my jeans, flannels, and boots and I want to be in the smaller sizes that are hanging in my closet waiting for me. 😊

Have a wonderful weekend!! <3

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you've got your daughter there for support. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

@raleighgirl09 I hope you have a great time with your friends and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@Katmary71 That's too bad that adding in beans and legumes didn't work. I'm sorry, I know you love them. :( Well, at least you know that they are definitely a problem now.

@petrocoetsee That's fabulous. Have a great weekend!

@TeresaW1020 Woo hoo! Great weigh-in! :)

Hello all. Well, the medication my doctor prescribed me for sleep did help some. I only woke up about every hour vs every 30 minutes. I felt more rested when I woke up so there is some progress. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a drug and for many of us and it’s really no different than a hard-core drug addict.
    So true. Sugar is something I have to avoid completely or I lose control. For me sugar consumption causes severe inflammation and chronic pain. After a sugar binge I can barely walk, I need pain meds to sleep because everything aches and my hands are too numb to be useful. So what person in their right mind would eat sweets when it affects them that way? Me lol. Back to Day 1. Again.

This discussion has been closed.