Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited September 2020
    @TeresaW1020
    ๐ŸคฃSo, I shouldn't be reminding you, maybe, but this SO made me laugh!
    Ewwww this is the first time Iโ€™ve ever thought about spider poop and I hope it will be the last time.:D
    Your windchimes and bistro lights sound lovely.
    I am a wee bit obsessed with a set of windchimes in my neighborhood. They have a beautiful low note.
    They look like this: https://www.amazon.com/Church-Bell-Wind-Chime-Handcrafted/dp/B015KUAGGM/
    ๐ŸŽ‰ Hurray to your on-plan day yesterday!

@Jazzagirl30
    Wow! What a great weigh-in! ๐Ÿฅณ

@Jactop
    Maybe you should take people ignoring your weightloss and accomplishments as a compliment. They would be easy to ignore if they look at you and see a healthy fit person.
    This seems like a good way to listen to it. Both you and KatMary impress me with all you do on your health. And you do it working with chocolate - yikes! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

@Katmary71
    So to pile on to what Jactop said - *I* am super impressed at your work. As someone who has lost weight and added it all back and more in the past, and who is working NOT to do that -- I salute you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

@Digger61 - Woohoo! Congrats on staying level this week! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    How are you doing this week? Still getting in some walking?

Off to eat lunch and do house stuff!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Katmary71 Congratulations on your anniversary!!! :grin: I am so inspired by you and your incredible weight loss! With your health issues and having to endure so much pain, I know that it would be so easy to give up and throw in the towel. But you donโ€™t! You preserve and continually work on your health and fitness. You are a Rockstar! B)

@AustinRuadhain Those windchimes are lovely! There are so many great ones out there to choose from. And thank you VERY much for that spider poop reminder! Such a true friend! :p

Hello everyone! Today, was a good day. I will list my goals below. I did some housework and tore down my completed 5000 piece puzzle. It was a little sad but I will do it again one day. I have a new 2000 piece that is of a yard sale that Iโ€™m going to start on. Very bright colors and should be fun. My back has hurt off and on today and Iโ€™m trying to move around a lot and watch my posture. I just wish it would go away already!

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 4
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. I fasted 20 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). I walked for 40 minutes on the treadmill and did 30 minutes of yoga. Today was all about stretching.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs.It was a super low carb day with a churro Chaffle and creamy coffee for lunch and Italian sausage links with peppers, onions, and mozzarella for dinner.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. I sat out on my back patio for 30 minutes and worked in my Bible study books on women of the Bible. Very interesting ladies!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

utndb5cr7s3x.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi all. No time to chat, it's my birthday and I have things to do!

Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 231
    Todays Weight: 232.2 :'(
    Loss to Date: 15.8
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    I thought of my 100 day challenges and since Iโ€™ll only reach 80%, I adjusted my goals to reflect that:
    -daily calories + up to half my exercise , will be a win
    -steps 14k per day (8*15000+2*10000=140000) . Under 10k is automatic fail
    Day 98 (9/25) โœ…โœ…
    Day 97 (9/26) โœ…โœ…
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Username hilogirl2018
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 142.2
    CW (Current Weight): 140.6
    LTD (Loss to Date): 4.8 lbs
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    edited September 2020
    This week's weigh-in (my first!)
    Username hilogirl2018
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): N/A
    CW (Current Weight): 145.4
    LTD (Loss to Date): N/A

A couple of weeks ago, I was at 141, sigh. Having trouble finding my patience with the process this time around. Hoping this challenge helps me focus. I am really tired and am posting this late, but I will write a proper intro and check in on everyone's progress tomorrow!

@Hilogirl2018 I came to the site to post and it opened on page 1 and I saw the above, quoted. Realized - crap, I have to get to the most current page for September!!!! - and saw your weigh in at 140.6 from TODAY .... => SUPER CONGRATS!!!!! Very nice September so far, you have really been working and it shows...... <3
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (24Sep2020) apologies @broncobuddee!!!!!!!!!!
    Previous weight:167.1
    Current weight: 174.8
    LTD MFP #2 60.2lbs
    LTD overall 125.2lbs

Yikes, I knew I was going to have a significant gain so this was not surprising but still not fun to see! I got home from the girls' birthday bash Tuesday night, a final day with the BD girl Wednesday and thenThur/Fri full on with work....I'm gettin' kinda tired! My walks and steps are back up, sleep has been good but the food is too many cals on all days, even after coming home. I know from experience it takes a while for me to reign it all in and I'll keep plugging away at it.

We surprised my friend with the other ladys' two daughters over the weekend - and the birthday girl shares a birthday with her daughter so it was especially lovely and a great surprise for her. We stayed in, having brought all of the food, etc., and I made chicken parm, shrimp and grits and a feta dip that was divine. Food I would only make to share and it really was good. Homemade stuff all around including ice cream and croissants - not diet food and now working back to the routine. It was truly wonderful to get so much girl time... =>

I had some good interviews last week and have one on Monday - just keep plugging away at it. Like the food, like the routine....just keep working toward the goals, even if that is in a zigzag fashion..... =>

It's all good.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Sept 2020 Sunday
    PW 135.5 (61.5kg)
    CW 134.7lbs (61.1kg)

Maintaining - not really losing.
    Ate lots of dessert treats every day. It's hard when I don't really need to eat it but family brought it for me. They don't like the idea of me being thinner and think I should stop being careful what I eat.

Walked most evenings and yesterday walked 18miles/29km in 6 hours. Family were driving nearby and offered to drive me home. It's really hardly to explain that although it was 2pm, I'll walk back by 5pm. They couldn't see it as my challenge. In the end they passed by and so wasn't a need for pick up. But then they left me a donut and tart to eat. I was trying to be healthy.

It's been raining so I haven't been able to dig at my allotment every afternoon. I'll try again this week. I only have October month left to for the digging before the weather turns again.

Harvested my first cauliflower and really taste delicious and crisp. Made cauliflower and cheese. Fattening but very tasty.

I hope I lose more weight next week.

GOALs
    1. Eat courgette/zucchini for meals
    2. Dig at the allotment for 1hr every afternoon instead of evening walk

Have a good week ahead๐Ÿฅฐ

• gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    edited September 2020
    @broncobuddee
    Sorry for late posting. Tried to get on Community from desktop but was denied again!
    Thursday weigh-in
    PW 163.0
    CW 164.0
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    Your first new member for October has signed up! Welcome @gharvey2753 !
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @buniphuphu Well, we'll see how we do with the "put the utensil down between bites" this week. I anticipate it being much harder! :) I'm sorry you are suffering from a migraine, I suffer from them on occasion and they are terrible. I hope it goes away soon.

@AustinRuadhain LOL...yes, maximize my intake! ;) Thank you! You had a great day, WTG!

@TeresaW1020 Definitely try a gaming chair out in person, but they are basically made for a person to sit all day and game, so they have to be comfortable :) . Oh that windchime sounds so nice! And bistro lights. I hope you post a picture of your patio when you are done! Please!!! It is hard to create new habits. I'm going to have a hard time with putting my fork down between bites, I know it. I love yoga, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your back porch sounds like a perfect place for your bible study!

@Katmary71 Congrats on 1 year of maintenance, that is fantastic and very inspiring!!! I hope you enjoy your birthday celebration today.

@raleighggirl09 I'm glad you had a good time.

Hello all. I had a great birthday yesterday, spent it with family and good food. My husband bought me a meditation cushion for my birthday so I'm going to start meditating every day. Yesterday, I meditated for 20 minutes. I'm going to do the same in a few minutes. I really felt better yesterday after doing so: usually, I'm really sad on my birthday but yesterday I had a good day and I think it is because I meditated. Today I start my next new habit: put my utensil down between bites. It builds on previous weeks habits, which include:
    • I will leave 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
    • I will ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: put my utensil down between bites, track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • TeresaW1020
    OK, TEAM!! We have slipped a little this week in the number of our members having a loss. But I am totally confident that we can work a little hard on our goals and bring our number back up next week. Let's make it happen!! B)

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesnโ€™t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)
    w0dgkwryie6y.png
  • TeresaW1020
    @gharvey2753, welcome to the team!! I so look forward to knowing you! :)

@trooworld I am so glad that you had a great birthday! What a nice gift your husband gave you. I hope that you find mediating to be just what your soul needs. <3

@raleighgirl09 So happy that you had a wonderful birthday bash and enjoyed time with your girlfriends. Donโ€™t worry about that gain. Most of it will flush out this week once you get back on your plan. :)

Hi everyone! Quick check-in tonight. Itโ€™s been a busy day with church, work that I needed to do, and spending time with hubby trying to figure out how we want to landscape our backyard. I had a great day on my plan and hope for a repeat tomorrow. I have a dentist's appointment tomorrow afternoon and I hope that this aching tooth of mine can get resolved. :/

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 5
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 22 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). I did a 15-minute power walk on the treadmill and 30-minute yoga program.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I ate higher carbs but it was planned for today.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. I went to church and did church work for an hour once I got home, but no Bible study time.

y2f5tftjsu59.png

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,575 Member
    @Katmary71 A HUGE congratulations to you! 100lbs lost is incredible, but to be able to maintain that for a long period is an even bigger achievement and you should absolutely be proud of that! Sadly, people who haven't dealt with chronic health issues don't understand what it means to be able to come off medications. You've healed your body from that ailment, which is something that the vast majority of diabetics will never be able to achieve. That really speaks for itself, to me. It's bigger than the number on the scale and I'm sorry that people don't see that.

@gharvey2753 Welcome!!

@apple852hk That is a lot of walking! Sorry that your family isn't being supportive. It's sad because we need all the support we can get, and it's not just about losing weight, but about gaining health!

@raleighgirl09 I'm glad you had such a good time with the girls! Sounds like a lot of fun & laughter, which is always good for the soul!

@TeresaW1020 I love doing puzzles, but I rarely complete them! And when I do complete them, I am left wondering what to do with it now...I have used clear contact to keep them together and hang on a wall before, but you can really only do that so many times and many puzzles wouldn't really be any good for viewing. Somehow I'd never thought to pull it apart! Does it feel like a bit of a waste when you do that?

@Hilogirl2018 Great loss!! Well done!

Little update from me -
    I had my mother in law visiting for the (whole, entire) weekend. She arrived on Friday and she's going home today (Monday) so that was...fun. She's ok, for the most part, but very judgy and critical, and has this awful habit of just speaking over the top of me/interrupting me. I don't know if it's her hearing (because you do have to repeat a LOT of things), but she doesn't seem to do it to anyone else so I'm not sure that's it. It just always makes me feel kind of small, so I don't say much, but then I get criticised for being too quiet so either way I can't really win! It's quite frustrating and very draining, so I'm a bit exhausted after a whole weekend of that, to be honest!

We did have some friends and my sister over on Saturday night which was fun. We played cards (Phase 10 - if you haven't played it, you should!) and I made pizzas which were delicious, and we had too many drinks and didn't go to bed until after 3am! But it was really fun and good to catch up with friends who we hadn't seen for a while.

This week I'm aiming to get back into properly tracking my food, and doing some exercise every day/most days. I was a bit slack last week so I need to get back into the swing of things! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Not an ideal few days for the 100 day challenge, but I'm aiming for 80% compliance (I have perfectionist tendencies which leads to an all-or-nothing approach, which is obviously not ideal, so by aiming for a lower, more achievable result, I'm more likely to stick with it!).

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 5: Sunday 27 September
    1. Log calories eaten: No - 2/5
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 2/5
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Unknown - 2/5
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    Another new person for October! @Firefly743 will be here soon - enjoy!
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    Hello all!!! Saw this group from a friend posting and decided to join in on the weight loss fun ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    c1q68sx577lu.png
    utts30zton98.png
    dbfm4qzdabqj.png
    1xzy1x1fy6sj.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Weight No More 0.63%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.29%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.20%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Weight No More 27.9 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 13.8 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 9.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @kirsten11872 3.05 %
    2nd @kandi3570 2.51%
    3rd @KellyBgetsfit 2.30 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @kandi3570 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @kirsten11872 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @kali225 4.2 Lbs

THIS WEEK'S WINNER'S HAVE BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER K!!
    Notice all of the top winners IDs begin with the letter K!

7kbo19l8lc0d.png

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Terytha
    @petrocoetsee
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @hope002
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @runthegarden
    @wwood008
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @TheMrWobbly
    dgb2lqt78ldy.png

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,127 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 5
    Sunday
    PW 191.4
    CW 192.4

Not surprising, as I consumed a lot of salty foods the past few days.
This discussion has been closed.