• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,586 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    Week 3
    PW: 190.8
    CW: 194.8

I wasn't even going to come on here. My depression has been out of control and so has my eating (obviously). I think TOM is probably about to visit soon, too. My son turned 25 today and I couldn't physically be there in Virginia with him. Thankfully several shipmates threw him a party yesterday and he and I linked PS4s today and spent 8 hours together virtually. I'm glad we can do that, but I just want to bust out in tears that I can't hug and kiss him and have him here. I have been eating crap nonstop. Like I am constantly feeling like I'm going to urp, but keep shoving crap in. I go to sleep and have nightmares. I wake up still full. I am really hating myself right now. I'm telling you all this for any sympathy. It's just my reality. I know I need to see my therapist. And my dietician, but she hasn't been meeting since COVID hit. I've gotta figure something out soon, tho.

I'm glad you did come on, you're not alone and you're part of a team here, we got your back! Sounds like you were whammied today with everything. Ideally talking to your therapist would be the best, can you get an early appointment? Try doing something you either like or that may lift your mood like go outside for a short amount of time, listen to some favorite music, or go for a walk if you're up for it. When I went through a depressive episode in December just getting out of bed was an accomplishment, I then added making the bed each morning and it made me feel a little better even though it's such a small thing to do. Is there someone else you can talk to if you're unable to talk with your therapist like a pastor? I know it's hard to do but try not to beat yourself up right now, sounds like you're dealing with a lot plus no sleep on top of that will throw off everything else even more than normal. I'm always here for you if you want to send me a personal message, I'm no therapist but I'm your friend. Huge hugs and healing light!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Exercise- arm cardio, Kundalini chakra yoga, arm resistant bands, stretching, earth energy meditation
    Calories- under
    Steps- 7000 (never thought my goal would be to be UNDER 10,000!

Today's a little better, thank God! I guess all the steroids finally kicked in, less seated cardio, less standing, more protein/less carbs, more spiritual time, making my guy do the dishes, hell if I know what I did right this time but I'm freaking happy I'm down a pain level today! Of course I want to tweak something else to see if it makes a difference but there's absolutely NO controls here, I just keep changing stuff then don't know what does or doesn't work! I'd let my professor know what was up regarding the class I had the wrong book for that couldn't be replaced for a week and she's willing to work with me so I'm going for it. Worst thing that happens is I can't handle it and have to drop, I'm not throwing in the towel yet! I'll really have to scramble but I've never done anything the easy way. Ha, speaking of, the guy I'm seeing plays the bass and was playing last night and dropped it in my lap. EVERY challenge lately I've had to admit I can't conquer it and it's driving me insane, now THAT? Heck, my arms are fine, I gotta figure this thing out! It's definitely not like playing the organ and I can't decide if I should play it like a lefty or not. So, that's what I'm doing for the next hour!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry it was tough. Family situations are already tough, let alone if you throw in food situations with them.

@apple52hk Thanks for asking! I did track everything (99%), I did so-so on the water (70%). I ate mostly homemade food, my favorite homemade meal this week was a taco salad, it was easy to make and delicious. :) Congrats on the loss! Impressive considering you ate cake every day!

@TeresaW1020 I posted it on the recipes board for you. ;)https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes#latest

@TwistedSassette That's fabulous, congratulations!!! Have a good week.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope your depression lifts soon. I hate depression, it sucks so bad. It just takes any motivation to do anything good right out of you. I hope you can make an appointment with your therapist soon.

@Katmary71 That's great that you are feeling a little better. Yay for less pain! I'm glad your professor is working with you and you aren't giving up.

Hello all. I made the first anti-inflammatory diet meal last night: roasted chicken with lemon and white beans and roasted broccoli. It was pretty good. What didn't help was my husband decided to make a chocolate dessert. :( That's definitely not anti-inflammatory the way he made it. I will try again today.

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Username: buniphuphu
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week: 3
    SW: 345.4
    PW: 330.4
    CW: 330.3

Not a great loss, but I'm inching in the right direction. Even though it was pretty chilly last week, I still swam every day. I'm averaging 61 minutes a day for the month so far.

It's been an up and down week. My son moved in with his flighty girlfriend and her roommates. I got a couple of hours notice that it was happening. I was pretty upset because he had agreed to wait until he finished school to do this. I'm 99% sure that it wasn't his idea. She had been whining on FB about how long it's been since she has gotten to spend time with him. None of the people in the house go to school because it is not a priority for them. I'm dreading whether he will finish or not now.

My sister and her family came up from Dallas this weekend. We had a backyard birthday party for my niece who turned 18. There was pizza and cake, so I didn't eat great that day. I did have some veggies with my pizza, so it wasn't a total loss....and I forewent the coke. I'm pretty pleased that I stuck with water instead.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I think I missed this week’s challenge post. I didn’t do so great on the last one and I’m ready to try again 😁
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I hate, hate that you've been in such a pain flare, especially with added school stress. Omg THANK YOU for sharing the full playlist! My daughter will love doing some of these with me!

@TeresaW1020 You're so close to Onederland! Possibly even this month! Can't wait to cheer for you.

@TwistedSassette "Congrats to all the losers this week!" made me laugh because only on this kind of journey can "congrats to the losers" be a major compliment! You're in the 200s, woo-hoo!!! Have fun on the farm.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I know you haven't given up on yourself because you are checking in here with us. Keep doing that! Never be embarrassed to check in here because we are your support team through good times and bad. In fact, if you can, check in here daily-twice a day, three times a day, if it helps- and don't even worry about setting any other goals for now. Just keep coming back and talking to us.

@trooworld That chicken recipe sounds amazing! I hope your anti-inflammatory diet helps.

I didn't expect to get an honorable mention, that was nice to see. I'm feeling like I'm in the zone of momentum now. Starting and sticking with change is the hardest zone for me, then there's this long middle zone of weight loss where I've built momentum and it's not too tough to say no to things that don't fit my goals. For example: yesterday, my husband had donuts and pastries and bagels delivered to the house and I was fine saying no because I wasn't in my eating window yet- I'm ALL about the 'Delay, Don't Deny' concept and had a mini coke and a nice dessert later, but donuts for breakfast would've thrown off my whole day. The final zone is maintenance- I won't take it for granted ever again!
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Username: anido1
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW: 156
    CW: 156

Quite surprised that I didn’t gain any weight after the kind of week I’ve had. I couldn’t go out for a walk due to the unhealthy air quality we have because of the fires. However, I couldn’t really get my lazy butt to get on the bike either🤦🏻‍♀️. On top of that, by the time Friday rolled around, I just wanted to eat junk food all weekend. I’m off to a good start today....just need to keep it going all week long!!!!
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options

I had a little personal victory this morning. I weigh myself each morning for tracking purposes and I've been hovering just above 300lbs for a little while. But this morning, I finally went under! 299.8! Here's hoping it keeps dropping throughout the week since I officially weigh in on Fridays!

Wonderful! It is an awesome feeling to get below a "ceiling" like that. <3
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    15 Sept 2020 Tuesday
    PW 94.3 kg (214lbs)
    CW 94.3kg (208lbs)
    Loss this week: 0
    Loss for month: 2.7kg (6lbs)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Oh no, a chocolate dessert?! it's not the same but really good, get cocoa powder and put on frozen fruit, it's really good rolled on frozen red grapes and frozen bananas!

@buniphuphi Sounds like a win all the way around, your weight is down, you're making healthier decisions, and kicking butt in the pool!

@Hilogirl2018 Sounds like you're having a great outlook about losing weight this time. Maintaining is so much harder than weight loss, I think with weight loss there's the goal you're headed for and you're getting positive feedback but maintaining is even more of a challenge. I've learned this last year of maintaining that it's also a constant readjustment depending on exercise, health, etc. Glad you're looking at the big picture! I have even more videos, if there's something you like let me know and I'll let you know my favorites in that category! I have more playlists like yoga, meditation, and mini-resistance bands as well. Sadly I'm doing the same couple every day these days, trying new ones is what kept it so fun when COVID first started!

@anido1 Where are you again? I usually do yoga, meditation, and earth energy healing outside. Not having the sun and fresh air is definitely a deterrent though I'm lucky my house is safe. Here in Northern CA we're supposed to get wind to blow the smoke out later this week....as long as MORE fires don't start of course. Knock on wood!

@TeresaW1020 Yes, congratulations on the jeans! It's such a surreal feeling to be smaller, isn't it?! You'll have to post a picture of you rocking those bad boys!

@Jactop Awesome loss! I was thinking of you today when I was watching the Halloween baking shows (and how I wanted to lick the icing bowls), I seriously admire your strength working around chocolate, I have pretty good willpower but that would be impossible!

@petrocoetsee Great loss for the month!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Exercise: chair cardio, dance, abs, Kundalini yoga, earth energy meditation/chakra healing
    Calories- under
    Steps- 7000

Not as good as yesterday but still better than a week ago, I'll take it! @raleighgirl09 I made the lemon/olive chicken again tonight, it's SO good! I'm going to try it with chicken thighs next! I've been spending time thinking of the last year with my birthday coming up and maintenance anniversary on the 25th. I'm in such a different place than a year ago, there's absolutely no way I could've predicted I'd be way less healthier physically but stronger mentally and spiritually. Definitely didn't hit my goal of doing a Spartan race this year or weight lifting goals, my "Spartan" has been arm cardio each morning as sitting is real hard and I barely make it through that! That's ok, I'm a klutz and would probably break my neck anyway, who needs to climb obstacles and get all muddy! Alright, it would be a blast and I'd love doing it with my brother, who knows, maybe one of these days! The gains are better than a Spartan race but having it all would be pretty amazing.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 257
    Todays Weight: 257

Sorry for late
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu Any loss is great, so congrats! Sorry about your son, hopefully, he will keep with school. It sounds like you had a rocky week but still made some good decisions.

@Hilogirl2018 It was pretty good, a little bland but I think my stomach needed bland right now after all I've done to it lol! Congrats on your honorable mention! Well done. And well done saying no to the donuts, pastries, and bagels!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, those would make great appetizers for a party. I'm a bit annoyed at my husband. Here I am, eating this special diet I researched and put a lot of THOUGHT into, and he goes and decides to make a dessert which is totally against the diet. I don't have enough willpower to totally ignore that dessert but as you said, maybe I can have just a little. A size 12 jeans??? This is fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to cheer you into Onederland!!!

@Katmary71 Yeah...like I said to @TeresaW1020 above, I'm a bit annoyed with him about it. Thanks for the tip about cocoa powder and fruit, I'll have to try it.

Hello all. I had a nice light dinner of a brown rice bowl with raw veggies and garbanzo beans in it with a dressing on it. It was refreshing in this heat. I'm sleeping so poorly, getting up every 30 minutes for the first 4 hours of the night, I'm afraid it's affecting my WLJ. I need to try to get it under control.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: even
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @leonadixon prayers you're feeling better soon!

@bethanie0825 prayers for you too, I hope your medication kicks in quickly.

@trooworld are you having trouble sleeping because of pain?

Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, arm resistance bands, leg stretching/Kundalini yoga, earth energy meditation
    Steps- 5000? I need to start checking in before Midnight, I never know exactly what I have!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    SW: 135.0 lb
    PW: 133.8 lb
    CW: 133.4 lb
    Slow and (hopefully) steady would do it for me.
    The overnight temperatures changed dramatically this week and I love it- jumped from 80 to 50ish. It won’t stick, but I am enjoying this small break of being able to draw a deep breath in.
    Work has been extra blah lately and I kind of used my energy for that, but this weekend we are going fishing, so maybe I’ll recharge somehow. I’m not doing any fishing, for myself I just packed a good book, good walking shoes and 3 mosquito repellents.
    Good luck everyone! Happy mid week!
This discussion has been closed.